Prospect Info: 2020 HF-Panthers top prospects vote, #5

Who is the Panthers #5 ranked prospect?

• D - Brady Keeper (undrafted), Charlotte Checkers (AHL)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
2019 top 25 list

#1 G - Spencer Knight (2019, #13), Boston College (NCAA) - 41.5% of votes
#2 F - Owen Tippett (2017, #10), Florida Panthers (NHL) / Charlotte Checkers (AHL) - 66.7%
#3 F - Anton Lundell (2020, #12), HIFK (Liiga) - 66.7%
#4 F - Grigori Denisenko (2018, #15), Florida Panthers (NHL) / Charlotte Checkers (AHL) - 87.2%

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Prospects included in the vote (25yo or under, and under contract or rights owned by the team) and left to be added:

F - Juho Lammikko (2014, #65), Metallurg Magnitogorsk (KHL)
F - Henry Bowlby (undrafted), Charlotte Checkers (AHL)
F - Jonathan Ang (2016, #94), Charlotte Checkers (AHL)
F - Rodrigo Abols (2016, #184), Örebro HK (SHL)
F - Patrick Bajkov (undrafted), Greenville Swamp Rabbits (ECHL)
F - Aleksi Heponiemi (2017, #40), MODO Hockey (HockeyAllsvenskan)
F - Eetu Luostarinen (2017, #42), KalPa (Liiga) / Charlotte Checkers (AHL)
F - Justin Schütz (2018, #170), EC Salzburg (IceHL)
F - Cole Schwindt (2019, #81), Mississauga Steelheads (OHL)
F - Henrik Rybinski (2019, #136), Seattle Thunderbirds (WHL)
F - Owen Lindmark (2019, #137), Univ. of Wisconsin (NCAA)
F - Emil Heineman (2020, #43), Leksands IF (SHL)
F - Ty Smilanic (2020, #74), Quinnipiac Univ. (NCAA)
F - Justin Sourdif (2020, #87), Vancouver Giants (WHL)
F - Elliot Ekmark (2020, #198), Linköping HC (SHL)

D - Alec Rauhauser (undrafted), DVTK Jegesmedvék (Slovakia) / Charlotte Checkers (AHL)
D - Jake Massie (2015, #156), Charlotte Checkers (AHL)
D - Chase Priskie (2016, #177), Charlotte Checkers (AHL)
D - Tyler Inamoto (2017, #133), Univ. of Wisconsin (NCAA)
D - Cole Krygier (2018, #201), Michigan State Univ. (NCAA)
D - Santtu Kinnunen (2018, #207), Tappara (Liiga)
D - Carter Berger (2019, #106), Univ. of Connecticut (NCAA)
D - Michael Benning (2020, #95), Univ. of Denver (NCAA)
D - Zach Uens (2020, #105), Merrimack College (NCAA)
D - Kasper Puutio (2020, #153), Kärpät (Liiga)

G - Samuel Montembeault (2015, #77), Charlotte Checkers (AHL)
G - Ryan Bednard (2015, #206), Charlotte Checkers (AHL) / Greenville Swamp Rabbits (ECHL)
G - Devon Levi (2020, #212), Northeastern Univ. (NCAA) / Carleton Place Canadians (CCHL)

Remember to vote for the next prospect to be added by replying to this thread.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Definitely Stillman here. He's already played considerable amount of games in the nhl and has 2nd pairing upside. The safest pick left.

Add Eetu.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
Huge drop after that top 5
4 you mean? I think we have a clear top group that we anticipate impact the top 6 plus Knight. Part of it is that we haven’t graduated a 1st round pick to our team since Ekblad

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
4 you mean? I think we have a clear top group that we anticipate impact the top 6 plus Knight. Part of it is that we haven’t graduated a 1st round pick to our team since Ekblad
I wonder how it would look if we were doing tiers? I mean I'm not even sure how that would work and obviously ranking guys like this is much easier logistically, but it would certainly be interesting...

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
I wonder how it would look if we were doing tiers? I mean I'm not even sure how that would work and obviously ranking guys like this is much easier logistically, but it would certainly be interesting...
Easy:
1:Lundell
2: Deni Knight Tippett
3: lol

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002

Yeah 4. My typo

Bag Of Beans

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
I'm just looking up and down this list and I realized the Checkers are going to have a real interesting lineup this year, I'm excited!

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
No love for Gildon here ? Seriously ? He should be our clear number 5 IMO !

Add pretty Priskie pleaaaaaaaase...
Got to disagree: he is not too 3 on d IMO. Koly has highest ceiling, Stillman lowest floor and Priskie best average. I’m a bit worried thought that we might not give Priskie a shot...we better hope we lose a D in the expansion draft

Reactions: BabyBarkov

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Got to disagree: he is not too 3 on d IMO. Koly has highest ceiling, Stillman lowest floor and Priskie best average. I’m a bit worried thought that we might not give Priskie a shot...we better hope we lose a D in the expansion draft

I disagree that Stillman has the lowest floor. Stillman will be an nhl defenseman. We don't know what any of the other D prospects will be yet. Keeper looks like he could be a #6/7 at least, but Stillman seems to have a higher ceiling than him.

Reactions: Clint

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
I disagree that Stillman has the lowest floor. Stillman will be an nhl defenseman. We don't know what any of the other D prospects will be yet. Keeper looks like he could be a #6/7 at least, but Stillman seems to have a higher ceiling than him.
I think he meant that all the others could bust, but we know that Stillman's floor is at least be a #6/7.
The issue with our defense is that we still have 2 deadweights that would be (in all likelyhood) improved by playing Priskie or Keeper.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
I think he meant that all the others could bust, but we know that Stillman's floor is at least be a #6/7.
The issue with our defense is that we still have 2 deadweights that would be (in all likelyhood) improved by playing Priskie or Keeper.
Yep bad English: highest floor: I think Stillman will certainly be a serviceable third pairing D but I don’t know how much more he will bring. I think Stralman actually helped Stillman out a lot because he was an actual NHL quality player last season

Clint

Jul 14, 2003
Two things I'm taking away here.

1) How vast the drop-off is in raw talent after the top 4. It really doesn't look like Borgstrom is going to pan out the way we hoped and I think that his becoming even a full-time NHL regular at this point is optimistic. I actually meant to vote for Noel here, and then Stillman, since they at least look to have an NHL future.

2) How feeble our stable of defensive prospects are. We've got a few decent depth guys in Stillman, Kolyachonok, Ludvig, etc., who look like they could turn out to be decent middle or bottom pairing defenseman for a few years, but we really need to shore up our backend corps with higher end talent. Otherwise we'll be forced to make an expensive signing in the future for an overvalued, overaged top pairing guy who's best years are behind him.

Last edited:

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Two things I'm taking away here.

1) How vast the drop-off is in raw talent after the top 4. It really doesn't look like Borgstrom is going to pan out the way we hoped and I think that his becoming even a full-time NHL regular at this point is optimistic. I actually meant to vote for Noel here, and then Stillman, since they at least look to have an NHL future.

2) How feeble our stable of defensive prospects are. We've got a few decent depth guys in Stillman, Kolyachonok, Ludvig, etc., who look like they could turn out to be decent middle or bottom pairing defenseman for a few years, but we really need to shore up our backend corps with higher end talent. Otherwise we'll be forced to make an expensive signing in the future for an overvalued, overaged top pairing guy who's best years are behind him.

I think most teams are like that though. A handful of top prospects in the pipeline, and then a noticaeable dropoff to the B prospects. Only a few teams like the Rangers and Senators have a whole bunch of A prospects at the top of their list.

Reactions: RogerRoger
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->