Confirmed Signing with Link: 2020 Free Agency Thread

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Remaining goaltending is going to be interesting. On the market there's only one really solid option left in Greiss. A couple of teams still need or should make changes to their goaltending. Also is there even a team left that would take Fleury to help Vegas and if there is is there a team that would retain in Vegas place ?

Edmonton needs someone to play with Koskinen , Carolina goaltending needs an upgrading anyone else ? Hawks goaltending is aparently going to be Delia , Subban , Lankinen to which i'm going to say. Good luck with that behind that defense.

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007
Remaining goaltending is going to be interesting. On the market there's only one really solid option left in Greiss. A couple of teams still need or should make changes to their goaltending. Also is there even a team left that would take Fleury to help Vegas and if there is is there a team that would retain in Vegas place ?

Edmonton needs someone to play with Koskinen , Carolina goaltending needs an upgrading anyone else ? Hawks goaltending is aparently going to be Delia , Subban , Lankinen to which i'm going to say. Good luck with that behind that defense.

Red wings need a goalie as well

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Red wings need a goalie as well

No prospect to play with Bernier in the system ? Detroit could be in the market for one of the Columbus goalies then. Still pretty young and if Detroit has no goalie prospects that sounds like the best option.

Better than helping Vegas get rid of Fleury imho who doesn't do anything longterm for the Wings .

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007
No prospect to play with Bernier in the system ? Detroit could be in the market for one of the Columbus goalies then. Still pretty young and if Detroit has no goalie prospects that sounds like the best option.

Better than helping Vegas get rid of Fleury imho who doesn't do anything longterm for the Wings .

My real hope is swinging a deal for Korpisalo. I don’t mind wings retaining on Fleury as the 3rd team to get a potential 1st round pick. This would help recoup the draft capital we would lose to get korpisalo. I’m curious what people think korpisalo’s value is

serp

Jan 17, 2016
My real hope is swinging a deal for Korpisalo. I don’t mind wings retaining on Fleury as the 3rd team to get a potential 1st round pick. This would help recoup the draft capital we would lose to get korpisalo. I’m curious what people think korpisalo’s value is

MAF has a 10 team no trade list . He's probably going to be very picky here . Not sure he'd go to the Wings . Would think he wants to compete somewhere . Not that i even know what a good team would be that still needs a goalie. Carolina maybe after one of Mrazek/Reimer is send elsehwere ?

Doesn't Vegas also need a backup after they dump Fleury ?

Still alot of goalie musical chairs left to play even after day 1 and most good UFA's signed.

Only decent UFA left is Greiss.

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007
MAF has a 10 team no trade list . He's probably going to be very picky here . Not sure he'd go to the Wings . Would think he wants to compete somewhere . Not that i even know what a good team would be that still needs a goalie. Carolina maybe after one of Mrazek/Reimer is send elsehwere ?

Doesn't Vegas also need a backup after they dump Fleury ?

Still alot of goalie musical chairs left to play even after day 1 and most good UFA's signed.

Only decent UFA left is Greiss.

I don’t think fleury is going to come to Detroit either but my hope is the wings can be the third team in a trade to a team like Carolina, maybe even Chicago

Reactions: OTC

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I don’t think fleury is going to come to Detroit either but my hope is the wings can be the third team in a trade to a team like Carolina, maybe even Chicago

Wings ownership willing to eat the 3.5$ million retain for 2 years just for a pick or two ? If that was the case i'd think it would've already happened.

Also i don't think MAF is going to the Hawks. Playing behind that defense is not going to be fun for anyone . At this age i think that gets him injured alot.

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007
Wings ownership willing to eat the 3.5$ million retain for 2 years just for a pick or two ? If that was the case i'd think it would've already happened.

Also i don't think MAF is going to the Hawks. Playing behind that defense is not going to be fun for anyone . At this age i think that gets him injured alot.

I think they would yes. They already took on staal and have only spent 2 million in FA. I think Stevie is hard after a 1st and won’t accept a 2nd for fleury that’s the holdup imo

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I think they would yes. They already took on staal and have only spent 2 million in FA. I think Stevie is hard after a 1st and won’t accept a 2nd for fleury that’s the holdup imo

Idk Staal is paid less than his caphit , it only for one year and can be swung to another team at some point for something else. That retain for MAF is just 7$ million gone over two years. Don't think thats compareable. MAF isn't even all that much cheaper than his caphit . So that'd be $6.25 million paid to never play for the Wings and just be on the books for 2 seasons. Thats a very expensive 1st round pick. I'd want more. I'd also want one of Vegas top prospects.

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3

If MAF has any interest in playing for Edmonton, we would take him at half the cap hit, assuming Detroit takes him along with the 1st. Explain the 3 way trade to Fleury and see if hes willing to waive.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
If MAF has any interest in playing for Edmonton, we would take him at half the cap hit, assuming Detroit takes him along with the 1st. Explain the 3 way trade to Fleury and see if hes willing to waive.

I'm skeptical Vegas wants to send Fleury to a team in their division. A team out Easts seems more likely.

I think Edmonton ends up with Mrazek because Holland knows the guy from Detroit and Fleury in Carolina. Something like that if there is a deal for Fleury.

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
I'm skeptical Vegas wants to send Fleury to a team in their division. A team out Easts seems more likely.

I think Edmonton ends up with Mrazek because Holland knows the guy from Detroit and Fleury in Carolina. Something like that if there is a deal for Fleury.

At this point I think vegas will send him wherever they can just to make room before AP signs elsewhere.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
At this point I think vegas will send him wherever they can just to make room before AP signs elsewhere.

Well MAF still has a say in that as well with his 10 team NTC . Aparently the Oilers are on that 10 team list so thats not happening without MAF waiving that clause.

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
Well MAF still has a say in that as well with his 10 team NTC . Aparently the Oilers are on that 10 team list so thats not happening without MAF waiving that clause.

That's why I said if he has any interest in the Oilers.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Carolina and MAF really are a great fit. The question will be whether Carolina thinks he's enough of an upgrade

Reactions: uncleben

caley

Aug 19, 2006
twitter.com

Simpson & Scott are UFAs who were under contract to Columbus last season

Day is a UFA who was under contract to Edmonton last season

Reactions: MMC

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->