GDT: 2020 Free Agency Part II: Embrace the Grind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Pronmans top players under 23 might be the worst list I’ve ever seen.

Top 20:
1. ⁠Auston Matthews
2. ⁠Rasmus Dahlin
3. ⁠Elias Pettersson
4. ⁠Alexis Lafreniere
5. ⁠Matthew Tkachuk
6. ⁠Andrei Svechnikov
7. ⁠Patrik Laine
8. ⁠Jack Hughes
9. ⁠Kaapo Kakko
10. ⁠Quinton Byfield
11. ⁠Quinn Hughes
12. ⁠Brady Tkachuk
13. ⁠Cale Makar
14. ⁠Miro Heiskanen
15. ⁠Tim Stutzle
16. ⁠Kirby Dach
17. ⁠Lucas Raymond
18. ⁠Pierre-Luc Dubois
19. ⁠Cole Perfetti
20. ⁠Robert Thomas
As bad as that list is overall, his top 3 is probably the same as mine

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Pronmans top players under 23 might be the worst list I’ve ever seen.

Top 20:
1. ⁠Auston Matthews
2. ⁠Rasmus Dahlin
3. ⁠Elias Pettersson
4. ⁠Alexis Lafreniere
5. ⁠Matthew Tkachuk
6. ⁠Andrei Svechnikov
7. ⁠Patrik Laine
8. ⁠Jack Hughes
9. ⁠Kaapo Kakko
10. ⁠Quinton Byfield
11. ⁠Quinn Hughes
12. ⁠Brady Tkachuk
13. ⁠Cale Makar
14. ⁠Miro Heiskanen
15. ⁠Tim Stutzle
16. ⁠Kirby Dach
17. ⁠Lucas Raymond
18. ⁠Pierre-Luc Dubois
19. ⁠Cole Perfetti
20. ⁠Robert Thomas

Lists are subjective but I definitely would've had Makar and Heiskanen higher, and Dahlin and Hughes a lot lower.

Reactions: Foppa2118

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006

That's quite the paycut.

Money is getting rare folks. Really rare.

7 teams over the cap at the moment, 0 team under the cap floor. No one has to spend money but 7 teams have to move some. Yikes.

The more you wait, the less money is available. That's true for UFA's and true for BriseBois in Tampa as well.

Gatorbait19

Apr 2, 2019
That's quite the paycut.

Money is getting rare folks. Really rare.

7 teams over the cap at the moment, 0 team under the cap floor. No one has to spend money but 7 teams have to move some. Yikes.

The more you wait, the less money is available. That's true for UFA's and true for BriseBois in Tampa as well.
It really is crazy how little space there is to go around and how many decent FAs are left out there.

I wouldn’t be shocked at all if we picked up a few really solid guys on vet min deals to round out the team. Whether we’d have the cap space to do that now, or be forced to wait until the season starts for lower cap purposes....well that’s the province of the resident capwiz of our bunch @Richard88.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
It really is crazy how little space there is to go around and how many decent FAs are left out there.

I wouldn’t be shocked at all if we picked up a few really solid guys on vet min deals to round out the team. Whether we’d have the cap space to do that now, or be forced to wait until the season starts for lower cap purposes....well that’s the province of the resident capwiz of our bunch @Richard88.
Deadline acquisitions could be more Free Agent signings.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Wonder what Hamonic’s contract will end up looking like. If he’s a 1-1.5m player I want him. I know it’s another body blocking Byram/Timmins but a RHD that can PK is still a need. Especially since EJ getting hurt is a matter of “when” instead of “if”.

Reactions: Murzu and Brett44

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Wonder what Hamonic’s contract will end up looking like. If he’s a 1-1.5m player I want him. I know it’s another body blocking Byram/Timmins but a RHD that can PK is still a need. Especially since EJ getting hurt is a matter of “when” instead of “if”.
I think Travis Hamonic signs in Vancouver, Calgary, or Winnipeg only. Seems hell bent on staying in Western Canada.

Avs9296

Jul 1, 2019
I don't think Hamonic wants to play during Covid though.

May have to wait out a year. Or am I wrong in hearing this?

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Not sure if you lot have posted this, but there are rumours that Avs are still looking for a depth defenceman and a bottom 6 centre .

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
The Hockey Writers which got it from somewhere, I haven't personally read it so I don't know where it came from. We could get another 7th defender who can play in the AHL.
Like Timmins and Gilbert?

Sometimes I feel like those rumor sites look at the Avs on cap friendly and think we have cap space. I'll try to find them on hockey writers.

Reactions: McMetal

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
The Hockey Writers source is a 5 day old article from Mike Chambers

Chambers believes the Avalanche are looking to another defenseman and possibly some toughness on a checking line via a physical veteran depth forward.
Speculation is that Sakic will shoot to get Toews signed for under $2.5 million annually. Chambers writes

https://thehockeywriters.com/nhl-rumors-october-23-2020/

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta

Chambers believes the Avalanche are looking to another defenseman and possibly some toughness on a checking line via a physical veteran depth forward.
Speculation is that Sakic will shoot to get Toews signed for under $2.5 million annually. Chambers writes

"Toughness on a checking line"

Chambers still going hard on "Avs need a tough guy that can fight" mantra, I see.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019

If that’s the speculation no wonder it’s taking so long to get Toews signed. That would be pretty far off from what he’d be looking to sign.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->