OT: 2020 Football Thread: We All Suck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Been a long season, here is a fun five minutes to my fellow Jets fans @KirkAlbuquerque @nyr2k2 @Maximus

Luv it 17...thx for sharing. Baldinger seeing he was an O-Lineman back when he played does a great job in his analysis of Becton. At same time he uses some funny adjectives and descriptions of Becton. I jotted down a few of these "Baldingerisms" when it comes to Becton:

Mt. Becton
Highway 77
Becton "snowplows" this guy
Becton "swallow him up"
"An Avalanche just hit"
"Time to clear the roads"

Good stuff. Douglass if his first draft is any indicator of what's in store going forward, I think we are in good shape with all this draft capital we have and Douglass with his evaluation skills honed in both Baltimore under Ozzie Newsome and in Philly under Howie Roseman in charge!

Baby Punisher

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2012
Staten Island, NY
thats 2 weeks in a row that the Jets very nearly pulled it off. I thought, since the beginning of the season, that an offense with a full healthy Crowder, Mims, Perriman, Becton, Fant, Bell, Sam, Herndon etc could look halfway decent. A mostly healthy offense could have beaten Denver, for example.

Unfortunately this is the NFL and no one is every 100% healthy, and our depth is absolutely abysmal. Sam must be fuming with jealousy that Flacco gets to throw to those 3 guys instead of Jeff Smith and Ben Hogan lmao.

Either way, the only game we have a chance to win now is week 17 against New England, and I really would not put it past Belichick to purposely lose that game if Jacksonville finishes with 1 win, and screw us out of T-Law. He's that much of a dick and has a vendetta against this organization for some reason.

Really wish Jacksonville would win one more game.
Watch him bench everyone.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
The more and more I think about it, I'm pretty worried about Sunday vs the Fish not so much because they aren't alot better than us...they are but more because as we all know, the history between these two teams have been marked by both epic memorable games as well as bizzarro world types which make no sense.

Hopefully Sunday is one of them that makes sense and the awfully solid Dolphin defense shuts down the Jets offense while at same time Baker implodes and Jags pull off an upset....one can dream...yes? lol

Reactions: nyr2k2

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
The more and more I think about it, I'm pretty worried about Sunday vs the Fish not so much because they aren't alot better than us...they are but more because as we all know, the history between these two teams have been marked by both epic memorable games as well as bizzarro world types which make no sense.

Hopefully Sunday is one of them that makes sense and the awfully solid Dolphin defense shuts down the Jets offense while at same time Baker implodes and Jags pull off an upset....one can dream...yes? lol
Yeah, that's why it's so uncommon to see a team go without a win. Just through sheer luck, you usually can win a couple each season. The Jets' roster is horrible, but it's not out of the question to see a "vintage Flacco" performance with Crowder, Mims, and Perriman, and then the defense getting lucky with an opponent putting a few balls on the ground, a tipped pass for an INT, etc.

The Jets have been "in" what, four games? The Broncos, second Bills, Patriots, and Chargers. Particularly in the latter two a couple breaks and they could have won, which is frightening to think about at this stage. :laugh:

Reactions: Maximus

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
Yea division games are always weird because of the familiarity. It’s hard to be this bad. Jets have been better. I wouldn’t be shocked if they win this game

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
Will say though the Fins defense is much much better than what we saw vs the Chargers last week.

The game in Miami the Jets did have Crowder and Perriman and Flacco didn’t come close to scoring in that game. Mims helps obviously, but will be tough game, especially with Miami coming off the bad loss.

Reactions: Maximus

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Luv it 17...thx for sharing. Baldinger seeing he was an O-Lineman back when he played does a great job in his analysis of Becton. At same time he uses some funny adjectives and descriptions of Becton. I jotted down a few of these "Baldingerisms" when it comes to Becton:

Mt. Becton
Highway 77
Becton "snowplows" this guy
Becton "swallow him up"
"An Avalanche just hit"
"Time to clear the roads"

Good stuff. Douglass if his first draft is any indicator of what's in store going forward, I think we are in good shape with all this draft capital we have and Douglass with his evaluation skills honed in both Baltimore under Ozzie Newsome and in Philly under Howie Roseman in charge!

I find that he's a clown that does a good job of analysis but his delivery detracts from his analysis in my eyes.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
Yep, they're both doing really well, too.

What makes me think Becton will be the best is that he was so raw, and despite playing on an absolutely horrendous unit, he still looks completely dominant at times. I think with some competent colleagues and more experience he will be an absolute monster, perennial All-Pro caliber.

EDIT: I see PFF did a re-draft based on things so far, and they had the tackles go Wirfs to the Giants at 4, Becton to LAC at 6, and Wills to CAR with the next pick.
Wills has been outstanding for the Browns. Both in the run game and pass protection. Startling to see in a rookie.

I was worried when I read that they were going to switch him from the right to the left side, but the coaches and scouts were right, he was more than up to the task. It's a testament to his talent that you just put him on the blind side of his QB, regardless of handedness, and he dominates.

Reactions: East Coast Bias

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Will say though the Fins defense is much much better than what we saw vs the Chargers last week.

The game in Miami the Jets did have Crowder and Perriman and Flacco didn’t come close to scoring in that game. Mims helps obviously, but will be tough game, especially with Miami coming off the bad loss.

No doubt...Miami defense is WAY better than the Chargers D. I'm just worried a bit that either Tua or Fitzy are going to make mistakes that is going to set the Jets up for a freebie TD or two. Combine that with the Jets offense looking fairly decent lately, it's the recipe for an upset.

And as I said previously, Jet Dolphin games over the years are notorious for not going the way it appears it should go. I gotta a strong suspicion this game is going to come down to the very very end and the Jets will either be leading late in the 4th quarter or have a chance to win late.

I really wish I could root for the Jets to win the game cause it just seems so wrong to root against them as it flies in the face of everything I believe in. But this year is now the exception to the rule. We absolutely need the #1 overall...not the 2nd or 3rd overall. We need the 1st overall seeing it can and likely will determine where this franchise is relevant in the next 2-3 years or not!

So with that said....Go Dolphins...lol

Last edited:

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
A healthy Darnold with healthy weapons is not 0-16 bad. They should squeak out a win - maybe two. I’d feel way better if Jax picked up another W.

Join the crowd my friend...lol. That's what I've been saying for past few days. Jet offense even with the corpse of Joe Flacco has looked half way decent past few games.

Now with Darnold, with something to prove back, who needs to show what he's got to Douglass the next 6 games combined with either Tua and Fitzie being potential turnover machines, I have a very strong suspicion that Sundays game will come down to the very very end with the Jets either in the lead or with the ball with a chance to win it.

We need the #1 overall. It's friggen nerve racking I tell ya...I bought a brand new bottle of rolaids to help soothe the tummy on Sunday as I root for the Mims,Becton's, Davis's, Darnold's of the world to play well while we figure out a way to lose at same time!! Did I mention this is nerve racking? lol

Reactions: Barnaby

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
Now with Darnold, with something to prove back, who needs to show what he's got to Douglass the next 6 games combined with either Tua and Fitzie being potential turnover machines, I have a very strong suspicion that Sundays game will come down to the very very end with the Jets either in the lead or with the ball with a chance to win it.
Darnold has nothing left to prove to the Jets. He's now auditioning for other teams. The Jets are just trying to maximize him as a trade chip.

ponzu4u

Feb 27, 2013
Hate to say it but....

The sheer volume of tweets and articles re: Giants win Sunday and they're first in the NFC East/Giants are going to win NFC east! - have me growing concerned about this being a classic "trap" game.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Hate to say it but....

The sheer volume of tweets and articles re: Giants win Sunday and they're first in the NFC East/Giants are going to win NFC east! - have me growing concerned about this being a classic "trap" game.

Same, but a good start other than the KO return.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad