OT: 2020 Football Thread: We All Suck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Anyone think jets will win one game before end of season ? Or is it 0 and 16 . And predictions ?

As I said the other day before yesterday's game, my rankings on what games scare me the most that the Jets could potentially win are in order:

The Cleveland game at home. Yes the Browns are good this year but they are still the Browns and are as cursed as we are. Baker is prone to make bonehead decisions as well at inoportune times. It would not totally shock me if with the pressure of a playoff spot potentially to be clinched that day vs the Jets, that they pulled a chokola and gifted us a win.

The San Diego game which thankfully we lost but as I suspected and said so on Friday, the Chargers, who are also cursed and horribly coached, tried their best, as is their norm, to swipe defeat from the jaws of victory. We got luck tho and dodged a bullet.

The New England game at Gillette. I know the Patriots likely will be favored by a TD or more but this Patriot team sucks this year. Combine that with the extreme hatred Belechik has for the Jets, would possibly resting some of his starters to give some rookies a look in regular season game action and potentially hurt Jets chances of gaining 1st overall and not having to deal with Trevor Lawrence for next decade shock me? Is it likely? Probably not as it's not the hoodies style. But in this wacky year of 2020, would it be out of the question for Bill to "purposely" lose? I'm not putting anything past him or anyone.

The other remaining games vs Seattle, Raiders, Miami, Rams I feel pretty comfy they'll lose.

Gun to my head...I say the Jets figure out by "accident" to win one of these remaining games which hopefully will be enough to secure the #1 overall pick.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
This was probably their last, best shot. Maybe that final game against NE.

i'll feel better after next week's game against Miami if they lose. They'll definitely capable of blowing it to the Jets

Then it's 4 games against teams that are in the playoff hunt and need wins - Raiders, Browns, Rams and Seattle. None of them will be cruising at that time - theyll need wins.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
The Jags will win another game. Even if their probability to win every individual game is 20% (which is about what the odds have them at today) the most likely scenario is they would win at least one more game.

I hope your right but I don't see another W on the Jags schedule. Heck, I think we have a better chance to win two games than the Jags do of winning one more.

For the Jets now that the Chargers are out of the way thank the lord, as that game was my 2nd ranked scary game that we could win going forward. Now my rankings are Cleveland, Patriots and next weeks game vs Miami now that it's likely Fitzy might start in place of Tua.

Anytime Fitzy starts an implosion is just around the corner as you never know. We need to be careful cause tho Miami is alot better than us, they aren't so good that they can overcome a few inopportune Fitzy miscues and potentially gift us a win. Combine that with the wacky history of Jet/Dolphin games over the years which have either been epic memorable games or bizare head scratchers, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a bit nervous about next week due to Fitzy likely being part of the equation.

The only potential win I can see for the Jags is the Bears game. They aren't beating the Browns next week. They aren't beating the Vikings, Titans and Ravens after that. Than comes the Bears game at home and finishing up with the Colts in Indy.

The Chicago game is the one game where I'd think the Jags won't be dogs by more than 4-5 points and the Bears are just so inept on offense, the Jags could keep that game close enough to steal it at the end. All the other remaining games, I don't see how the Jags can beat any of them. It's crazy to say this seeing the Jets are so bad but the Jags might be worse...lol.

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
I hope your right but I don't see another W on the Jags schedule. Heck, I think we have a better chance to win two games than the Jags do of winning one more.

For the Jets now that the Chargers are out of the way thank the lord, as that game was my 2nd ranked scary game that we could win going forward. Now my rankings are Cleveland, Patriots and next weeks game vs Miami now that it's likely Fitzy might start in place of Tua.

Anytime Fitzy starts an implosion is just around the corner as you never know. We need to be careful cause tho Miami is alot better than us, they aren't so good that they can overcome a few inopportune Fitzy miscues and potentially gift us a win. Combine that with the wacky history of Jet/Dolphin games over the years which have either been epic memorable games or bizare head scratchers, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a bit nervous about next week due to Fitzy likely being part of the equation.

The only potential win I can see for the Jags is the Bears game. They aren't beating the Browns next week. They aren't beating the Vikings, Titans and Ravens after that. Than comes the Bears game at home and finishing up with the Colts in Indy.

The Chicago game is the one game where I'd think the Jags won't be dogs by more than 4-5 points and the Bears are just so inept on offense, the Jags could keep that game close enough to steal it at the end. All the other remaining games, I don't see how the Jags can beat any of them. It's crazy to say this seeing the Jets are so bad but the Jags might be worse...lol.

They already said Tua is the starter this week.

Reactions: Maximus

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
They already said Tua is the starter this week.

Hmmm...it wasn't said last night while watching the highlights of their game. But OK...good I feel better about a Jet loss than as no Fitzy is a good thing for our chances for a nice and tidy L!!

Still doesn't change the fact I don't see the Jags winning another game rest of the way tho.

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
The NFC East standings are just unreal. A team has to go at least 500 the rest of the way for the division champ to make it to 6 wins. It's very possible a 5-11 team hosts a playoff game.

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
Hmmm...it wasn't said last night while watching the highlights of their game. But OK...good I feel better about a Jet loss than as no Fitzy is a good thing for our chances for a nice and tidy L!!

Still doesn't change the fact I don't see the Jags winning another game rest of the way tho.

It is unlikely they win zero games. A team with an 11% win probability in every game would have a 50% chance to win at least one game in a six game sample. For the sake of comparison an 11% win probability is roughly equivalent to a point spread of around 12. So of course you don't "see" any wins. They will always be an underdog. But even the worst team in the league would be a favorite to win at least one game over six. For reference both the Jets/Jags have implied win probabilities this week of roughly 28% which is way higher than 11% and would change their chance of 1+ wins over 6 games to a highly likely 86% if that was their WP every week. It is possible that either, or both, go 0-6 to end the year but it is by no means likely. I haven't run the numbers but the most likely scenario I assume is that they each will win one game.

Reactions: ponzu4u

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
If the Jets were in the NFC East they might not have gotten Lawrence. I'm glad we're not playing the Jets this year it would be a stressful game. Losing against the Jets would be mortifying.

Yeah you might be right as Jets by accident might win a game vs the Skins and Cowboys. Doubt they could beat the Eagles or your Gmen as both as inconsistant as both teams are, are worlds better than the Jets.

If Giants and Jets played this year let's say next week hypothetically, the Giants would likely be 6-6.5 favorites maybe even a full 7. I don't think you'd have to worry to much about the Jets winning tho I could see you and other Giant fans maybe getting nervous about the prospects of losing to such a horrid team as the Jets.

Hopefully the next time our two teams play for real in 3 more seasons from now, both teams will be true playoff worthy teams and it will be fun again for the rivalry. One can dream...right...lol

Reactions: SnowblindNYR
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->