OT: 2020 Football Thread: Offseason Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
Same here. That Colts game was disappointing but it always felt like we were lucky to be there. Losing to the Steelers in 2010, however. That was the most devastating loss i've ever experienced as a sports fan. Worse than losing to the Devils in 2012. Worse (or at least equally as bad) than losing to the Kings in 2014. I really felt it was our year. Even when we were down, I actually had faith Sanchez could drive the field to tie/win , if only we could have gotten that stop. Siighh...
1998 AFC Championship game is much worse to me. Jets had a 10-0 lead in 3rd quarter and lost 23-10.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Oh the pain and suffering of having been a loyal devoted fan of these 2 cursed franchises for as long as I have. Those of my friends who are Mets and Jets fans know exactly the pain I am talking about...lol
These are my boys tho thru thick and thin and they always will be.

That said how friggen cool is this shirt?...

Attachments

• METS JETS Shirt Pic.jpg
    METS JETS Shirt Pic.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Yeah both '98 and '11 were excruciating losses. I'd argue cause I'm older than you guys are that 1982 was just about the worst loss I've ever experienced as Jet fan. This was the strike year and we caught fire. Richard Todd was God and was stupendous. We had a great 0-line. We had Freeman McNeil toting the rock like he was Walter Payton...Wesley Walker was catching TD's and running by people like nobody's business. The Sack Exchange was in full bloom and we stopped everyone.e

So we blow out the Bengals 44 to whatever opening playoff game. We than go into LA and beat Lyle Alzado and the Raiders and than we head into Miami with all the momentum and there was no one who was going to stop us from getting to the Super Bowl....no one. No one that is except "mother nature". Friggen rained in Miami for 3 days and Shula supposedly told the ground crew to keep the tarp off so that the field was muddy which would negate the Jets bigtime speed advantage.

Well it worked as Todd threw 5 picks three of them to some dude AJ Duhe and voila...once again Jets lose an AFC title game they had no business losing. That too me was the most devastating one seeing that Jet team was as good on both sides of the ball as we have ever had. Oh well...I think its time for me too get over it...NEVER!!...lol

Last edited:
Reactions: Hi ImHFNYR

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Yeah both '98 and '11 were excruciating losses. I'd argue cause I'm older than you guys are that 1982 was just about the worst loss I've ever experienced as Jet fan. This was the strike year and we caught fire. Richard Todd was God and was stupendous. We had a great 0-line. We had Freeman McNeil toting the rock like he was Walter Payton...Wesley Walker was catching TD's and running by people like nobody's business. The Sack Exchange was in full bloom and we stopped everyone.e

So we blow out the Bengals 44 to whatever opening playoff game. We than go into LA and beat Lyle Alzado and the Raiders and than we head into Miami with all the momentum and there was no one who was going to stop us from getting to the Super Bowl....no one. No one that is except "mother nature". Friggen rained in Miami for 3 days and Shula supposedly told the ground crew to keep the tarp off so that the field was muddy which would negate the Jets bigtime speed advantage.

Well it worked as Todd threw 5 picks three of them to some dude AJ Duhe and voila...once again Jets lose an AFC title game they had no business losing. That too me was the most devastating one seeing that Jet team was as good on both sides of the ball as we have ever had. Oh well...I think its time for me too get over it...NEVER!!...lol

Joe Benigno is that you?

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
Oh the pain and suffering of having been a loyal devoted fan of these 2 cursed franchises for as long as I have. Those of my friends who are Mets and Jets fans know exactly the pain I am talking about...lol
These are my boys tho thru thick and thin and they always will be.

That said how friggen cool is this shirt?...
Nice but not complete without ranger blue.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Joe Benigno is that you?

Funny Kirk. You know what sometimes I feel like he does. Beningo is about 10 years older than me and so he's suffered even longer than I have. But yeah sometimes I feel like him. I think he goes a bit overboard tho as he's never happy. I at least can find some positives in both the Mets and Jets. Beningo is always bitching and moaning....I'm not like that.

But funny nonetheless.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Funny Kirk. You know what sometimes I feel like he does. Beningo is about 10 years older than me and so he's suffered even longer than I have. But yeah sometimes I feel like him. I think he goes a bit overboard tho as he's never happy. I at least can find some positives in both the Mets and Jets. Beningo is always bitching and moaning....I'm not like that.

But funny nonetheless.

I don't know if you were listening to Joe and Evan back in March/April they were doing a Bracket of Pain with all the most painful NY sports memories, that "AJ Duhe" game he brought up a lot. However it got upset by some Knicks loss I think.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
I don't know if you were listening to Joe and Evan back in March/April they were doing a Bracket of Pain with all the most painful NY sports memories, that "AJ Duhe" game he brought up a lot. However it got upset by some Knicks loss I think.

I listened a few times but not for long enough periods to really get into it. That said there is a reason why that "AJ Duhe" game is mentioned so much and that's because the Jets had the best team they ever had to this day that year and we got beat my Mother Nature that day.

Had we played Miami on normal field, we beat them and likely handily and go to the SB....arggggg

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
I listened a few times but not for long enough periods to really get into it. That said there is a reason why that "AJ Duhe" game is mentioned so much and that's because the Jets had the best team they ever had to this day that year and we got beat my Mother Nature that day.

Had we played Miami on normal field, we beat them and likely handily and go to the SB....arggggg
Just more proof that the Jets are cursed.

Reactions: Maximus

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
Atrocious... hoping Joe Douglass figures it out. You need to find starters late in the draft to ever become elite
It's hard to truly evaluate a class before they play, but based on how his late round picks were received, it appears we have a gm who can draft and evaluate talent.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
I dunno what it is...maybe it's covid....maybe it's because I know I'm not going to be able to go to any games this year at Met Life...maybe it's because I know for a fact that the Jets are going to suck. I don't know what exactly it is but this is the first year I think ever that I wasn't chomping at the bit for the NFL to start.

I've barely done any research for my big $$ fantasy team. I haven't followed with a fine toothed comb all the transactions, cuts and pretty much anything with regards to football. It's friggen bizzarre. Now I know I'll start doing some cramming for my draft coming up this Wednesday but by now I'm fully prepared with my lists already too go.

I dunno maybe I'm on an island here and not saying I'm not going to watch the games when they are on but the NFL this year....meh no biggie. Maybe when hockey is over and baseball I'll get into it but for now I'm just not into it like I usually am.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad