OT: 2020 Football Thread: Offseason Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
Darnold, outside of his rushing was hideous tonight, I get it, he has no one to throw to, but just bad throws all night, timid as all hell in the pocket.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
Lol idk what you expect him to do, block for himself and catch his own passes?

Sam Darnold is like Lias Andersson to me. Garbage "linemates" but I don't even see glimpses of a skilled athlete in there.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Darnold, outside of his rushing was hideous tonight, I get it, he has no one to throw to, but just bad throws all night, timid as all hell in the pocket.

Disagree...I think Sam did pretty good actually considering he was running for his life the entire night. Herndon dropped easy 3 very catchable balls and the only guys who he could throw to was Crowder and some guy Jeff Smith. Oh and he had Adam Gase calling plays for him.

Put Mahomes out there as I said earlier in the week with the same circumstances, he's not doing all to much better. Darnold did fine. The rest of the teams blows chunks.

Reactions: KirkAlbuquerque

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Sam Darnold is like Lias Andersson to me. Garbage "linemates" but I don't even see glimpses of a skilled athlete in there.

Sorry bro...totally disagree with you. The guy is running for his life 90% of the time. He scored a TD on a 46 yard run and made some very nice passes under extreme duress. Yes he held the ball too long at times but the guy has no weapons and the O-Line sux as there best one is probably out for the year now with a shoulder injury.

For anyone to not see what's going on around him and think Darnold is is not skilled or a talented guy is not seeing the forest thu the trees.

It's a shame but Darnold very likely will never reach his true potential here in NY. It's going to take a trade to some other team with a better OC and HC and a competent O-line with a better #1 WR than Jamison Crowder for it to happen. But it's not going to happen here and that saddens me cause I really like the kid and he deserves a hell of alot better than what he has been dealt with....sigh!

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
They seriously need to clean house on this whole staff. Nothing is redeemable about the coaches. Every facet has glaring holes. Why is Frank Gore running? Do they have no DBs at all? I know Austin got hurt, but behind him is literally nothing.

You can't be surprised. Every single person said this is the worst team coming in. At least a team like the Bengals and the likes have a skill player or two. Jamison Crowder cannot be the best skill player on the team. He's a nice receiver and a great slot player, but there is nothing else. Jeff Smith was their #2 guy and in fact had some decent moments.

They just need to end this clownshow. It takes years to recover from a season like this. Even with Perriman, Mims, and Bell back, what are they going to do, go 4-12? If you know this coach is a dead man walking, get rid of them.

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
For the last 12 games would say

0% chance to win Pats x 2, Rams, Chiefs, Bills and Seattle.

5% Cardinals, only because West Coast coming to the east for an early game, but Nuke going to destroy them.

10-15% Fins x 2, you never know when Fitz can throw 6 picks, have to leave that as a possibility. Chargers, just lost to Carolina at home, but they have a solid roster. Vegas, same with the whole coming to the east for an early game. Then, Browns who have looked good after getting crushed by the Ravens.

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY

I disagree. I think Darnold shows flashes, but spends all night running for his life trying to do everything. The Jets can’t run, can’t pass block, and have one solid NFL WR unless Mims can get healthy and show otherwise. I honestly think Darnold has the skill to be a top 10 or 15 QB, but that’s not happening here anytime soon. If the Jets get the first pick then they have to take Lawrence then I think Darnold goes on and finds success elsewhere similar to Tannehill if he can find a good situation. He’ll probably replace Newton in NE and rattle of a few Super Bowls with this teams luck.

Speedtrials

May 31, 2006
BB
Yeah hard to blame this on Sam. He looks like he is quarterbacking an XFL team out there. Its shocking how barren this organization is of legitimate NFL talent.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
They have 6 roughing the passers in 4 games

think that’s a coincidence? Ofc not lol

if they hurt Mahomes when we play them I will burn down MetLife

If they hurt Mahomes, Jets fans will come and burn down MetLife with you. I don't think the Chiefs will let anyone get close though. In fact, they should just sit him for that game and play whoever. It doesn't matter, they'll still win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad