2020 F1 - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Sergio Pérez Will Race For Red Bull In 2021: Report

1468562963961.jpeg

I'm honestly not going to believe anything until Red Bull, F1, Perez or Albon say something. There's been endless of these "______ to Red Bull is done" type stories for too long.

Though this one definitely feels like it has the most substance to it.

It's also the right move. Obviously

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
I'm honestly not going to believe anything until Red Bull, F1, Perez or Albon say something. There's been endless of these "______ to Red Bull is done" type stories for too long.

Though this one definitely feels like it has the most substance to it.

It's also the right move. Obviously
Red Bull has confirmed Perez and Verstappen for 2021 as of roughly 5 minutes ago

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
They actually did it. Gotta wonder if Albon's done for good. He pretty much just has to hope that other Red Bull drivers fail or leave the organization. I can't see there being any interest from other teams.

Reactions: DaveG

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Now I'm kinda wondering. Let's say Aston Martin proceeds with the status quo and goes into the next season with Perez and Stroll.

What do we think Red Bull would have done? Kept Albon? Vettel? Hulkenberg?

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Now I'm kinda wondering. Let's say Aston Martin proceeds with the status quo and goes into the next season with Perez and Stroll.

What do we think Red Bull would have done? Kept Albon? Vettel? Hulkenberg?
Probably would've done the most Red Bull thing ever and promote Tsunoda straight to the main team.

In all seriousness I don't think Vettel back to RB would've done much good for anyone. Would've been the same situation as with Charles, just a different colored car. Who knows though, that could've been the only available seat for Vettel in that situation and he never was interested in taking a year off. Probably between Hulkenberg and Albon though.

Siamese Dream

Feb 5, 2011
United Britain of Great Kingdom
Probably would've done the most Red Bull thing ever and promote Tsunoda straight to the main team.

In all seriousness I don't think Vettel back to RB would've done much good for anyone. Would've been the same situation as with Charles, just a different colored car. Who knows though, that could've been the only available seat for Vettel in that situation and he never was interested in taking a year off. Probably between Hulkenberg and Albon though.

I don't think Vettel would have been too unrealistic a proposition. He still seems to have a really good relationship with Horner and co.

Before Haas announced Mazepin I think I said the most logical situation would have been Perez to Haas for the money/sponsorship reasons and Hulk to Red Bull. That's what I would've liked to have seen.

Reactions: DaveG

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011

I think Verstappen would've vetoed Vettel anyway.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
For those who put any value into rumors based on social media bios, Mazepin has deleted Haas from his Twitter and Instagram bios, while Fittipaldi has added Haas to his.....

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
For those who put any value into rumors based on social media bios, Mazepin has deleted Haas from his Twitter and Instagram bios, while Fittipaldi has added Haas to his.....

There's also somebody (that F1 Reddit swears has inside info) saying that Mazepin had indeed been fired. It just hasn't been announced yet.

I, of course, don't believe it.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
.. What I wouldn't understand in all this is why would they keep Fittipaldi?

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
.. What I wouldn't understand in all this is why would they keep Fittipaldi?

Nobody left out there that comes with big sponsor dollars is there?

Maybe they'd be hiring the cheapest driver possible if they can't bring in a pay driver.

Though...Sirotkin has financial backing doesn't he? Russian for a Russian swap!

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Nobody left out there that comes with big sponsor dollars is there?

Maybe they'd be hiring the cheapest driver possible if they can't bring in a pay driver.

Though...Sirotkin has financial backing doesn't he? Russian for a Russian swap!

Pietro also wants a mix of disciplines besides F1.....

Fittipaldi wasn't even the best Haas reserve driver last season, and while it made sense to not disrupt Deletraz' F2 season in late 2020, that argument obviously doesn't hold water anymore.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Fittipaldi wasn't even the best Haas reserve driver last season, and while it made sense to not disrupt Deletraz' F2 season in late 2020, that argument obviously doesn't hold water anymore.
season's over anyway.... and Haas likely knew Mick Schumacher was filling at least 1 seat.....Magnusson went to Ganassi's Cadillac program in IMSA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad