2020 Entry Draft Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
You are correct it's the same team, the original team was called Växjö HC and they busted while in division 4, they reappeared as Växjö Lakers in the late 90s in division 4 which was actually division 5 since Hockeyallsvenskan is division 2. They reached Hockeyallsvenskan pretty fast (6 or 7 years), then they they were in 3 successive playoffs for the Elitserien and they came up on their 3rd try in the 2011-2012 season, after that they have won 2 championships and have established themselves as a top team.

That is some mighty ducks shit.

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Lapierre is way better.
Well, that is yet to be determined. Not really a great goal scorer to go third overall. See how this year goes? The 2017 The Hockey News Future Watch had Joe Veleno as #3 top ranked prospect for 2018 draft. Koktaniemi, who went #3, wasn't in top 10. In 2006, Angelo Esposito was #3 ranked also for 2007 draft.

Riggins

Jul 12, 2002
Vancouver, BC
All aboard team tank! This team is a couple years away from being really interesting since our youth still needs development time. It will be a lot more exciting with Poehling, Suzuki, Brook, Fleury and Ylonen at 22 years old, Kotka and Romanov at 21, Caufield at 20, etc. So in the meantime we need to finish low and get some lottery luck to find a game-breaker.

For anyone interested here's a link I like to use via Elite Prospects to easily check updated 2020 prospect stats:

Elite Prospects - NHL Draft Center HOCKEYPROSPECT.COM TOP 31

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Depends what your needs are, beside, 9 games is 9 games. There was also the Hlinka...
How did Lapierre play in IH? I remember Veleno captained Canada in his IH.

I thought of Joe Veleno when I seen his stats because both were rated near top of their draft class in preseason. Bob McKenzie had Veleno 5th overall in his draft rankings, he has Lapierre 7th overall. Both are not goal scorers, both low penalty minutes, both same size, both from the Q. But other than stats I don't know Lapierre that well

Last edited:

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Lapierre looks like a top 10 pick. I doubt we get him.

Assuming we finish 12th to 15th: Barron, Stutzle, Gunlar, Perreault, Poirier, Holloway are probably the frontrunners at that spot.

If Askarov falls, we should take him even if we do have Primeau. Price is getting older & goalies take awhile to develop.

Having a top goaltender is a MUST in Montreal.

Primeau vs Askarov should keep this board interesting too.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Lapierre looks like a top 10 pick. I doubt we get him.

Assuming we finish 12th to 15th: Barron, Stutzle, Gunlar, Perreault, Poirier, Holloway are probably the frontrunners at that spot.

If Askarov falls, we should take him even if we do have Primeau. Price is getting older & goalies take awhile to develop.

Having a top goaltender is a MUST in Montreal.

Primeau vs Askarov should keep this board interesting too.

source.gif

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
what WHL players are worth keeping an eye on as I will catch a few of Everett's games and want to pick ones that are against any prospects that could be say 1st or 2nd round picks this summer.

covfefe

Zoltan Poszar's Burner
Feb 5, 2014
what WHL players are worth keeping an eye on as I will catch a few of Everett's games and want to pick ones that are against any prospects that could be say 1st or 2nd round picks this summer.

the first 5 guys have been mentioned as potential 1st rounders, but otherwise, in no particular order:

Kaiden Guhle - Prince Albert
Braden Schneider - Brandon
Conor Zary - Kamloops
Justin Sourdif - Vancouver
Seth Jarvis - Portland

Ridly Greig - Brandon
Jake Neighbours - Edmonton
Carter Souch - Edmonton
Daemon Hunt - Moose Jaw
Connor Mcclennon - Winnipeg
Ozzy Wiesblatt - Prince Albert

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
the first 5 guys have been mentioned as potential 1st rounders, but otherwise, in no particular order:

Kaiden Guhle - Prince Albert
Braden Schneider - Brandon
Conor Zary - Kamloops
Justin Sourdif - Vancouver
Seth Jarvis - Portland

Ridly Greig - Brandon
Jake Neighbours - Edmonton
Carter Souch - Edmonton
Daemon Hunt - Moose Jaw
Connor Mcclennon - Winnipeg
Ozzy Wiesblatt - Prince Albert

thanks. Is Josh Brook's brother going to get drafted? I'll try to catch Brandon since that's their next game, as long as Fonstad plays which sounds like he will.

covfefe

Zoltan Poszar's Burner
Feb 5, 2014
thanks. Is Josh Brook's brother going to get drafted? I'll try to catch Brandon since that's their next game, as long as Fonstad plays which sounds like he will.

Doubtful, PA is pretty good and, barring injuries, he’ll be playing 3rd/4th line minutes once again this season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->