2020 Entry Draft Thread Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Locks

May 28, 2005
Buffalo already have Luukonen who is at least on the same level as Primeau, they wont draft Askarov, they will probably go for Holtz or Quinn...
I am not sure Luukkonen is on the same level as Primeau. He had a good second WJC and a good OHL season last year as a 19 yo. He had a bad U18, brutal Hlinka and could not hold the fort in his first season in the AHL so he spent the bulk of the season in the ECHL where his numbers were just ok. Primeau was a top goalie in a league where an average player is 21 as an 18yo and the best goalie the following season. Primeau won multple best goalie/tournament MVP awards and made AHL all-rookie team.

That being said, I agree with you that they will likely go for a legit scorer like Holtz or Quinn so that their franchise centre will stop b..tching in public. But they have suffered from mediocre goaltending since Miller was a top goalie and I would not even rule out that they trade the pick outright for an established top six forward as the GM alluded to needing offensive help and the pressure is on.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
I tried the new draft simulator and I have good news and bad news for you all. We got 2nd overall. That's the good news. The bad news for many of you I selected:

2) Byfield C
39) Helge Grans RD
40) Joni Jurmo LD
61) Tyler Kleven LD
70) Ozzy Wiesblatt RW
89) Brandon Coe RW
98) William Dufour RW
101) Brock Faber RD
105) Tristen Robins C
132) Riley Duran C
141) Rhett Reinhart RD
163) Blake Biondi C
188) Gage Goncalves C
195) Alex Jefferies LW

Except for Byfield, Wiseblatt, and Goncalves, I know very little about the other players and don't remember seeing them play. So I'd like to know if in 5 years this list turns out any better or worse than TT's list. To make it fair, I'll strike out the first-round pick. Doubt TT gets the 2nd overall pick but if he does then we keep our first-round picks.

Reactions: jaffy27

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
Drafted 17th overall by the Cedar Rapids RoughRiders in the 2017 USHL Futures Draft, defenceman Mitch Miller was moved to the Tri-City Storm in a 2019 off-season trade. He went on to have a breakout season with the Storm. Miller scored eight goals and 25 assists for 33 points in 44 games. He was also named to the USHL First All-Star Team. Miller also played for Team USA at the World Junior “A” Hockey Challenge. He scored two goals and six points in six games, helping the team to a silver medal.

In 2018-19, Miller had four goals and 12 assists for 16 points in 48 games. He appeared in six playoff games but did not record a point. Miller also appeared for Team USA at the WJAC, winning a gold medal. He also played in the Hlinka-Gretzky Cup, putting up five points in five games as the Americans finished in fourth place. Miller played for Team Red at the USA Select Under-17 tournament. He picked up one goal and three points in five games. Miller is committed to playing hockey for the University of North Dakota next season. His CHL rights are owned by the Sarnia Sting, should he change his mind.

Our Scouting Report
Mitch Miller Scouting Report: 2020 NHL Draft #88 - Last Word on Hockey

Reactions: L4br3cqu3

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
I tried the new draft simulator and I have good news and bad news for you all. We got 2nd overall. That's the good news. The bad news for many of you I selected:

2) Byfield C
39) Helge Grans RD
40) Joni Jurmo LD
61) Tyler Kleven LD
70) Ozzy Wiesblatt RW
89) Brandon Coe RW
98) William Dufour RW
101) Brock Faber RD
105) Tristen Robins C
132) Riley Duran C
141) Rhett Reinhart RD
163) Blake Biondi C
188) Gage Goncalves C
195) Alex Jefferies LW

Except for Byfield, Wiseblatt, and Goncalves, I know very little about the other players and don't remember seeing them play. So I'd like to know if in 5 years this list turns out any better or worse than TT's list. To make it fair, I'll strike out the first-round pick. Doubt TT gets the 2nd overall pick but if he does then we keep our first-round picks.
If we get 2nd overall and we pass on Stutzle for Byfield I think I will cry.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Watching some tape this morning, one of the biggest item on my wish list would be to draft at least one of the puck moving behemoth foursome (Grans, Wallinder, Jurmo,Mukhamadullin) with our numerous post first round picks. All four are very raw and a few years away from prime time but I see legit potential there. Plus, it would help balance our crop of smaller puck movers ( Harris, Norlinder, Romanov, Struble) .

Last edited:

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
I did mine and I think it would be an absolutely dream..

8. Cole Perfetti
39. Topi Niemela
40. Theodor Niederbach
61. Ozzy Wiesblatt
70. Emil Heineman
89. Dmitri Ovchinnikov
98. Tristen Robins
101. Connor McClennon
105. Samuel Hlavaj
132. Artem Schlaine
141. Jan Bednar
163. Maximilian Glotzl
188. Bogdan Trineyev
195. Senna Peeters

Wiesblatt is not going out of the top 40 ;)

Reactions: Fenris

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
I did a bunch, but of the ones I record, this is the one I like the most.

8) Cole Perfetti
39) Justin Barron
40) Lukas Reichel
70) Will Cuylle
89) Dylan Peterson
98) Jack Finley
101) Brandon Coe
105) Luke Prokop
132) Cross Hanas
141) Alex Cotton
163) Owen Pederson
188) Samuel Hlavaj
193)Rob Calisti

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Tried the new draft simulator too, ended up with:

10-Jack Quinn
39- Joni Jurmo
40-Theo Niederbach
61-Ozzy Wiestblatt
70-Emil Heineman
89-Dmitri Ovchinnikov
98-Ronan Seeley
101-Ruben Rafkin
105-NicoDaws
132-Maxim Beryozkin
141-Maximilian Glotzl
163-Olver Okuliar
188-Joonas Oden
195-Bogdan Trineyev

Not bad! ;)

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
I feel Byfield has the most bust potential and Stutzle might become the best player in the draft 4 years from now, so yes I am serious.

And I am not the only one questioning Byfield.

Personally I would rather stay at 8th than to get Byfield.

You and I are at complete opposites regarding Byfield's bust potential. I think he's the second safest prospect in the top 10, and am more cautious about labeling him Malkin 2.0.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
I got bored and did the draft a few more times and finally got first overall.

Alexis Lafreniere
Jacob Perrault
William Wallinder
Shakir Mukhamadullin
Ozzy Wiesblatt
Justin Sourdif
Jack Finlay
William Dufour
Thimo Nickl
Alex Cotton
Owen Pederson
Artur Akhtyamov
Gage Gonclaves
Xavier Simoneau

I think I'm addicted to the draft sim

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I got bored and did the draft a few more times and finally got first overall.

Alexis Lafreniere
Jacob Perrault
William Wallinder
Shakir Mukhamadullin
Ozzy Wiesblatt
Justin Sourdif
Jack Finlay
William Dufour
Thimo Nickl
Alex Cotton
Owen Pederson
Artur Akhtyamov
Gage Gonclaves
Xavier Simoneau

I think I'm addicted to the draft sim

:laugh:

Same here. I played it multiple times. From your list, the players I usually target and most times end up in my list are Wiesblatt, Finley, Dufour, Cotton, and Gonclaves. But what I like about this sim is that it's never a repeat. So players that are available at a spot you draft them in one sim, will be taken earlier in another. So it forces you took look elsewhere.

Big Empty

He's a big horse
Jan 27, 2020
Montréal
:laugh:

Same here. I played it multiple times. From your list, the players I usually target and most times end up in my list are Wiesblatt, Finley, Dufour, Cotton, and Gonclaves. But what I like about this sim is that it's never a repeat. So players that are available at a spot you draft them in one sim, will be taken earlier in another. So it forces you took look elsewhere.
I didn't really feel like doing the whole draft so I did the first two rounds. Traded picks 61 and 70 for 46 and 195.

3. Tim Stützle
39. William Wallinder
40. William Villeneuve
46. Jean-Luc Foudy

Reactions: Gravity and abo9

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans

2) Byfield C
39) Helge Grans RD
40) Joni Jurmo LD
61) Tyler Kleven LD
70) Ozzy Wiesblatt RW
89) Brandon Coe RW
98) William Dufour RW
101) Brock Faber RD
105) Tristen Robins C
132) Riley Duran C
141) Rhett Reinhart RD
163) Blake Biondi C
188) Gage Goncalves C
195) Alex Jefferies LW

Right on

Played the same game.....this is who I got :D

3.Stutzle
39.Wiesblatt
40.Tuch
61.Pytlik
70.Kleven
89.Petersen
98.Prokop
101.William Dufour
105.Oliver Suni
132.Alex Laferriere
141.Isaac Philips
163.Owen Pederson
188.Maxim Beryozkin
195.Ville Ottavainen

I’m ready to get yelled at lol

i also met my RDS/Québec media Q quota :sarcasm:

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
You and I are at complete opposites regarding Byfield's bust potential. I think he's the second safest prospect in the top 10, and am more cautious about labeling him Malkin 2.0.

Safe prospects don't fail completely at the WJC.
Even if you look at a Hlinka for an age group appropriate comparison, he was not in the top 10 players of the tournament. It's very very rare that 2nd overall are that mediocre in these tests.

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
I ran it a few times yesterday and it does produce a pretty realistic mock. Also, holy cow do the Habs have a lot of picks ! You always think you're done but then nope, there's another pick :laugh:

I love that we have many picks, lots more chances to get a happy surprise! I kind of hope that we keep the 8th OA pick though, I'd love to see another top 10 caliber-pick join the team in a couple years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->