2020 Entry Draft Thread Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
NHL is really pushing for the 24 team playoff, so in the words of Bubbles.

C***SUCKER. THIS IS HORSE S***

And to steal a word from Ricky.

Our chances at a good pick are probably f***ing ruint

Let's hope Perfetti falls ?

I’ll get drunk as f*** if we draft perfetti. Hoping someone else falls.

Frozenice

No Reverse Gear
Jan 1, 2010
except not trading into the midd 1st to draft Smith, he was a no brain pick at that spot. a lot of people had him in their top 7-8

He's also good buddies with Gally. It's just a huge failure all around, there's no excuse to not push for a high end LD like Smith.. especially when u consider our needs at the time. Par for the course with our management, no risk/no vision.
If NJ prefers and drafts Sanderson with the 10th OA pick, maybe that makes Smith expendable in their eyes. I also think with Hughes, Caufield makes more sense then Quinn, as an example.

Fozz

Aug 1, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
If NJ prefers and drafts Sanderson with the 10th OA pick, maybe that makes Smith expendable in their eyes. I also think with Hughes, Caufield makes more sense then Quinn, as an example.
Sanderson won't be available at 10 because Timmins will be all over him at 8, unfortunately.

Supersonic

May 27, 2013
Ontario
I really hope we stay within top 10, preferably stay put at 8.

God, the Habs were a slow moving car crash at the end of the season...I really hope we aren’t subjugated to that again

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
I really hope we stay within top 10, preferably stay put at 8.

God, the Habs were a slow moving car crash at the end of the season...I really hope we aren’t subjugated to that again

Bergevin stays the course, so you'll see that slow moving car crash again next year.

He doesn't sell the farm to compete, not that I want him to and he doesn't sell the vets to build up the farm.

Our scouting staff sucks, so whomever we pick there will probably he at least 5 players that turn out better picked after our pick in the 1st round alone.

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
Can only hope someone takes Sanderson, Perfetti or Askarov to leave us one of the Swedes.

Reactions: Frank JT

Supersonic

May 27, 2013
Ontario
Bergevin stays the course, so you'll see that slow moving car crash again next year.

He doesn't sell the farm to compete, not that I want him to and he doesn't sell the vets to build up the farm.

Our scouting staff sucks, so whomever we pick there will probably he at least 5 players that turn out better picked after our pick in the 1st round alone.

I agree completely however I don’t think our scouting staff sucks but definitely have had their misses. I think 2017-19 will hopefully be defining for us and hopefully we won’t continuously rush our prospects, but we will see.

What is definitely frustrating is that we are wasting the best years of Price/Weber and our GM doesn’t have the ****s to go all in. The most frustrating thing he can do this summer is nothing.

Unfortunately this is a top down issue but I don’t mean to rant about this in this thread...

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
What's the problem with Perfetti?

I'm okay with him (in case)... He's on my wish list...

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015

habsfan891

Jun 24, 2012
Nova Scotia
I know that Laffy, Byfield, Stutzle and Drysdale won't fall to us, and I'm pretty sure Rossi won't fall to us either. That leaves at least one of Perfetti and the 2 Sweedes available.
Which is a fantastic outcome imo all 3 are great choices for us with the 2 Swede's being better than Perfetti.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad