2020 Entry Draft Thread Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
Byfield, the 6'5'' guy who hasn't shown for the past 2 years any skill at performing under any kind of pressure is the dream? Are you guys trolling?

LA/Anaheim are perfect for Byfield, where he would have plenty of time and no pressure whatsoever. I would stay the hell away from him as a Canadian team of any kind.

If I was to make a list for the habs, I'm not sure he would be in the first round.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Byfield, the 6'5'' guy who hasn't shown for the past 2 years any skill at performing under any kind of pressure is the dream? Are you guys trolling?

LA/Anaheim are perfect for Byfield, where he would have plenty of time and no pressure whatsoever. I would stay the hell away from him as a Canadian team of any kind.

If I was to make a list for the habs, I'm not sure he would be in the first round.

Oy vey this meshugginah.

Reactions: HBDay

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal

I hope all scouting directors ahead of us in the draft think exactly like you and TT is the first to disagree with your opinion. But knowing our scouting staff they most likely share your opinion.

Vijo Morganstein

Nov 29, 2019

Well at least you aren't hyperbolizing

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
I hope all scouting directors ahead of us in the draft think exactly like you and TT is the first to disagree with your opinion. But knowing our scouting staff they most likely share your opinion.

Since 2003, I've only shared 3% of the same picks as TT. So I doubt that's a thing.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011

Here's a game featuring Jurmo, for anyone not wanting to deal with cantankerous carl over here.

Last edited by a moderator:

Anardil

Nov 25, 2012
West of Chalet BBQ

This is not just a hot take... it's lava!!

Anyways, I wanted to reply simply because I agree somewhat with this opinion of Byfield. I have yet to see a game of his where I saw an example of what all the fuss is about. Granted, my sample size totals roughly 10 games, but I don't like the vibe that I got every time I watched him play....
Benoit Pouliot. :eek: Just my slightly informed opinion.

boss10

Jun 19, 2010
If we are unable to draft Lafreniere, then TT and Bergy must do whatever they can to grab Drysdale. He will be the 2nd best player in draft.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Size should not be a factor. Trades are there for a reason. Same thing for positions. They key is to be right on the player. Let's say we would hit 100% with Romanov, Struble, Harris and Norlinder, all left D. If it would be the case it would be a great problem to have. So if the Habs end up with too many very good smaller players, there is ways to trade to balance the roster. The key here is very good.
Thing is, big trades arent that easy to make and after Lafreniere, Stutzle, Byfield and Drysdale, BPA could pretty well be one of the big guys...

Cold Coffee

Elite/Franchise/Generational/BPA
Jan 27, 2020
Montréal
If we somehow get Byfield, we would have three clear centres with at least top 6 upside in Byfield/Kotka/Suzuki. Then we'd still have Poehling and Danault who will be/are middle 6 Cs. Which of Kotka, Byfield and Suzuki would go to the wing?

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
If we somehow get Byfield, we would have three clear centres with at least top 6 upside in Byfield/Kotka/Suzuki. Then we'd still have Poehling and Danault who will be/are middle 6 Cs. Which of Kotka, Byfield and Suzuki would go to the wing?

Suzuki, no doubt... Kid is smart enough to play center, but ideally he is our #1 RW...

HabsForHire

"Expect the unexpected"
Sep 21, 2011
CT
Suzuki, no doubt... Kid is smart enough to play center, but ideally he is our #1 RW...
Disagree suzuki is a center plain and simple.

But back to draft opinions, if we get bumped back to 9 or 10 and no obvious big names fall jack quinn is a player id take no problem.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018

None.

Get Danault as a 3rd centre, or Poehling if he breaks out and trade one of the other 3 for a piece we need.

If we somehow have good wingers and dmen to boot, then look at converting one to wing.

If we have good dmen, but the wingers are questionable, then move one to wing.

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Poehling and Byfield move to the wing they have the physicality, if KK or Suzuki can’t cut it Byfield move back to the center.

Last edited:

Cold Coffee

Elite/Franchise/Generational/BPA
Jan 27, 2020
Montréal
Caufield - Byfield - Suzuki
Drouin - Kotka - Gallagher
LW - Poehling - RW

Would be a really nice offense. Big centres down the middle, a pure sniper, and lots of skills on the wings.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
This is not just a hot take... it's lava!!

Anyways, I wanted to reply simply because I agree somewhat with this opinion of Byfield. I have yet to see a game of his where I saw an example of what all the fuss is about. Granted, my sample size totals roughly 10 games, but I don't like the vibe that I got every time I watched him play....
Benoit Pouliot. :eek: Just my slightly informed opinion.

Pouliot wasn't anywhere near as good as a junior and was almost a year older.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Assuming Laffy, Byfield, Drysdale, Stutzle, Raymond, Rossi and Holtz are going in the top 7 with, would you guys use the St.Louis 2nd to move up a spot(assuming we are picking 8th)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->