2020 Entry Draft Order for LA Kings discussion

ricardfromage

"You wanted the Germs, you get em"
Mar 5, 2020
paradise
Which would absolutely screw the 7 teams who didn't get the chance to earn back a little capitol from the buy in nonsense. Sounds like what the NHL will do to me.

AzKing

Feb 4, 2019
Newport Coast, CA
Bettman is one reason why the NHL will always be at the back of the bus. He has no pulse for marketing or making the game visible to the masses. They will probably have the draft right in the middle of the baseball season and the NBA playoffs which means nobody will watch it or care compared to having it earlier when all eyes would be on it since nothing else is going on.

Reactions: ricardfromage

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
At 7 barring Stützle, Raymond, Rossi, and Drysdale are gone I take Perfetti.

You're one of the only people here talking about Raymond. Or anywhere, really! Kind of blows my mind. I'm actually starting to get on the Raymond train as high as 3. I don't see him lasting past 4-5 or someone is getting a steal.

Reactions: andys and LAKings88

cyclones22

Apr 4, 2003
Eastvale
You're one of the only people here talking about Raymond. Or anywhere, really! Kind of blows my mind. I'm actually starting to get on the Raymond train as high as 3. I don't see him lasting past 4-5 or someone is getting a steal.

I'm on the Raymond train for sure. If we drop from 4th and he's available, I hope the Kings snatch him up. My top 4 is Laf, QB, Stutzle and Drysdale. I would be thrilled with Raymond or Rossi and would not be disappointed with Holtz. I just think that Raymond is being slept on because of his limited role on a top domestic pro team. If he were playing against kids, I think he would've been tearing it up. Anyway, I just accept the fact the Kings will select 7th after lotto shenanigans and will still get one of the players listed previously. If the Kings move up the ladder and have more options, fantastic.

KingsOfCali25

Start up the Bandwagon!
Feb 21, 2013
Santa Clarita, CA
Whoever is left between Rossi/Raymond/Holtz.

That's who I've been researching since finding out how the lottery is gonna be. We know the top guys skills but its that next 5 guys that the Kings will end up with. Holtz looks like the best of the rest. He's a smart pure goal scorer. Raymond is a great playmaker. Rossi is a smaller goal scorer. My list is...

1) Lafreniere --> [Johnathon Huberdeau]
2) Byfield --> [2008 Kopitar / Rick Nash]
3) Stutzle --> [Elias Pettersson]
4) Drysdale --> [Cale Makar]
5) Holtz --> [Vlad Tarasenko]
6) Raymond --> [Fillip Forsberg]
7) Rossi --> [Johnny Gaudreau]
8) Sanderson --> [Ryan Sutter]
9) Perfetti --> [Jeff Skinner]
10) Lundell --> [Dylan Strome]

KingsOfCali25

Start up the Bandwagon!
Feb 21, 2013
Santa Clarita, CA
I am confused how anyone has Holtz over Raymond. At no point ever has he been above him at any level or time. Raymond outside of his shot is literally better at skating, stick handling, passing, IQ, etc with a decently higher potential. I can't find a single reason to touch Holtz if Raymond is there.

Because it's MY list and I want to take the skilled goal scorer over the all around playmaker. The Kings have multiple prospects that can distribute the puck but not many that can puck the puck in the net. Holtz & Raymond are not far apart in skills and are more of 5A & 5B, but I'd still take Holtz first

I was always the one saying back in 2013 that the Kings need guys more like Patrick Kane and other young skilled scores, but everyone that I was crazy.

Rorschach

Who the f*** is Trevor Moore?
Oct 9, 2006
Los Angeles
So now we know the lotteries will work...and odds are we will pick 7OA...

Any of us willing to package these significant assets, one or more a young roster player or next year’s first in a lesser draft or this year or this year’s high second rounder, in order to move up to #2 or #1?

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
That's who I've been researching since finding out how the lottery is gonna be. We know the top guys skills but its that next 5 guys that the Kings will end up with. Holtz looks like the best of the rest. He's a smart pure goal scorer. Raymond is a great playmaker. Rossi is a smaller goal scorer. My list is...

1) Lafreniere --> [Johnathon Huberdeau]
2) Byfield --> [2008 Kopitar / Rick Nash]
3) Stutzle --> [Elias Pettersson]
4) Drysdale --> [Cale Makar]
5) Holtz --> [Vlad Tarasenko]
6) Raymond --> [Fillip Forsberg]
7) Rossi --> [Johnny Gaudreau]
8) Sanderson --> [Ryan Sutter]
9) Perfetti --> [Jeff Skinner]
10) Lundell --> [Dylan Strome]

Pretty strong top 10. I think I would probably have Sanderson somewhere around 10-12. He’s certainly shooting up draft boards.

If you look at that top 7, the Kings are going to end up with a very solid piece to the rebuild. Let the lottery balls fall where they may. I’m fine with any of those kids.

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Behind you
youtu.be
Let the lottery balls fall where they may. .
you-said-balls.jpg

SaltyElkHunter

Grocery Shopping in the woods
Apr 24, 2019
Utah
This was how it shook out. I went a little crazy on the wings!

Attachments

• 7E9138C7-AAA7-465C-8E90-A56396EE656D.jpeg
    7E9138C7-AAA7-465C-8E90-A56396EE656D.jpeg
    177.2 KB · Views: 14
  • F906431E-208C-48AA-8441-9615FBDC2193.jpeg
    F906431E-208C-48AA-8441-9615FBDC2193.jpeg
    180.9 KB · Views: 11
  • 94C21CD4-C196-48D8-A619-10782E206864.jpeg
    94C21CD4-C196-48D8-A619-10782E206864.jpeg
    185.4 KB · Views: 11
Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
I am confused how anyone has Holtz over Raymond. At no point ever has he been above him at any level or time. Raymond outside of his shot is literally better at skating, stick handling, passing, IQ, etc with a decently higher potential. I can't find a single reason to touch Holtz if Raymond is there.

Because Holtz is the special sniper. We already have well rounded players. What we need are extremely dangerous snipers.

Reactions: KingCanadain1976

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
This was how it shook out. I went a little crazy on the wings!

My toughest thing using that tool is overcoming the fantasy football urge to draft a well-rounded team instead of BPA :laugh:

It's like, with 11 freaking picks, you try to hit all bases, when that might actually not be optimal!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->