Who the f*** is Trevor Moore?
Oct 9, 2006
Los Angeles
As of now, the order of season record, descending, is:
1) Detroit
2) Ottawa
3) Ottawa (from Sharks)
4) Los Angeles

Assuming the season ends completely at this point, which it looks like it will due to the course of the current pandemic, as a Kings fan are you hoping for...
a. Keep the order as is, lets draft ""
b. Still hope for a lottery based on current rules, using the record above
c. League-wide lottery a la 04-05 (probably no Kings fan wants this)
d. Other

And lets say we get #4...at this point who do you want at #4, assuming Lafreniere is gone at 1/2?

No Name The Nameless

Feb 15, 2019
Tornado Alley
It's very hard to have this conversation because the possibilities are so wide as to where the Kings will draft. For the purpose of putting a name to it I will operate under the assumption that they draft 4. Of that's the case, I'd like Drysdale. He's the best player (assumed) and a position of need.

cyclones22

Apr 4, 2003
Eastvale
I'm all for B because I don't see much of a difference in player quality between 4 and 7. So may as well get a shot for 1 through 3.

Any of Stutzle or Rossi for me. Whichever is not available assuming Byfield goes #2. Drysdale just below them.

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
There is so much info right now, that I dont have the time to read it anymore, but it is also possible there is no lottery at all ?

That would be too bad, because 4-5-6 or 7, is all even to me.

Fat Elvis

El Guapo
Dec 25, 2003
On Lebowski's rug
Visit site
I'm just gonna guess LA stays at #4. Which one of Rossi, Stutzle, Drysdale, Holtz and Raymond will be available. Hope they choose correctly.
Jaromir Pytlikand and Seth Jarvis could be interesting 2nd round selections.

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
Ottawa could end up with the top 2 picks ... Scary thought.

As for L.A. I have hope they'll jump into one of those spots, but to keep it focused on OP's premise (and keep it simple by assuming everyone is available at #4 besides Lafreniere), I'd go Stutzle, Byfield, then Holtz.

I think the most likely, as of today, is that Holtz is the one still available and I'm am completely okay with that.

Rossi is very tempting but smallish centers worry me.

Reactions: andys

AnThGrt

Feb 13, 2005
Park City, UT
At #4.... Barring the top 3 goes as expected I'd be looking at Drysdale with #4. Better than Byram and a stud who is exactly what we need.

Would love to be able to move up into the top 3. Wouldn't mind a lottery as if we drop to 7 doesn't largely change things for me personally. Meanwhile moving up would be nice. I have so many of the forwards close to one another where it really is a preference thing. Would actually probably be happier with #7 as won't get upset we drafted x over y or z at #4. Vary from day to day come Rossi, Perfetti, Raymond, Lundell, and Holtz

Last edited:

apadilla

Dec 27, 2007
For now with Ottawa picking 2nd and 3rd, i'd think they would consider drafting a forward and defenseman. My guess is Byfield will fall to the Kings at 4.

Rusty Batch

Sep 22, 2010
For now with Ottawa picking 2nd and 3rd, i'd think they would consider drafting a forward and defenseman. My guess is Byfield will fall to the Kings at 4.
I know the hype around Byfield has diminished this season. But I would imagine that based on his age, production, and obvious tools he doesn't slip past #2.
The fact is Byfield 1.82 PPG in the OHL is 5th in the entire league. And Rossi is the only draft eligible ahead of him. Rossi is basically a year older than Byfield and Rossi plays on an incredibly stacked team.

So while I think Rossi is awesome and love the way he plays. It's tough to put him ahead of Byfield.

cyclones22

Apr 4, 2003
Eastvale
Ottawa could end up with the top 2 picks ... Scary thought.

As for L.A. I have hope they'll jump into one of those spots, but to keep it focused on OP's premise (and keep it simple by assuming everyone is available at #4 besides Lafreniere), I'd go Stutzle, Byfield, then Holtz.

I think the most likely, as of today, is that Holtz is the one still available and I'm am completely okay with that.

Rossi is very tempting but smallish centers worry me.

Hell, if the Kings don't win the lottery, you absolutely want Ottawa to have 2 of the top 3 picks. That means 2 teams from outside the Kings slot didn't jump them like the 3 who did last draft.

Rumpelstiltskin

Serial Ruminator
Jun 14, 2007
Los Alamitos, CA
Assuming the season ends completely at this point, which it looks like it will due to the course of the current pandemic, as a Kings fan are you hoping for...
a. Keep the order as is, lets draft ""
b. Still hope for a lottery based on current rules, using the record above
c. League-wide lottery a la 04-05 (probably no Kings fan wants this)
d. Other

'b.' would be my choice (or an "extrapolated-full-season-projection" order, which I'm guessing wouldn't result in a radically different order anyway - so, 'd.' as a second option).

My opinion obviously means bupkis, but I would strenuously object to 'c.,' and not just because I'm a Kings' fan - the only reason that a fully scrambled lottery somewhat made sense back then, was that an entire season was lost (i.e., there were no games played at all, and you could therefore assert that there were no "accurate" rankings of team quality for that year. This time, they played enough games for to clearly not be the case).

Reactions: andys

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
I’ll assume that we won’t pick one or two and miss out on Lafreniere and Byfield. I would be happy with any of the following (in order):

Stutzle
Rossi
Drysdale
Raymond
Holtz
Perfetti

Reactions: atalowe

Rorschach

Who the f*** is Trevor Moore?
Oct 9, 2006
Los Angeles
Here’s a possibility I didn’t mention. Let’s say the league gets us option A, the order is the record right now.

Detroit won’t take any trades but I bet Ottawa would somewhat easily trade down to 4, either from 3 or 2. And all we have to do is take some cap dumps for ole Melnyk.

If we can trade to 2 and Lafreniere is gone but we can call our shot, is there someone who is must have after Lafreniere?

Reactions: RocketKing

ricardfromage

"You wanted the Germs, you get em"
Mar 5, 2020
paradise
I’ll assume that we won’t pick one or two and miss out on Lafreniere and Byfield. I would be happy with any of the following (in order):

Stutzle
Rossi
Drysdale
Raymond
Holtz
Perfetti

I would put drysdale at the bottom of that list personally but other than that those are all kids who would have been top 3 through 6 last year.

AzKing

Feb 4, 2019
Newport Coast, CA
Here’s a possibility I didn’t mention. Let’s say the league gets us option A, the order is the record right now.

Detroit won’t take any trades but I bet Ottawa would somewhat easily trade down to 4, either from 3 or 2. And all we have to do is take some cap dumps for ole Melnyk.

If we can trade to 2 and Lafreniere is gone but we can call our shot, is there someone who is must have after Lafreniere?

I don't think that there are any guys at Lafreniere's level. Every guy after that has upside and at last 1 question mark so it's probably not worth trading up. If you are outside of 1-10 then yes it's worth trading up because the top 10 guys are all potential top line guys at least in terms of ceiling and that includes Askarov.

ricardfromage

"You wanted the Germs, you get em"
Mar 5, 2020
paradise
I still think that they will do the lottery with the order the way it stands today. We have the odds of the 4th worst team in the league at moving up to 1st spot and everyone else has their odds as well. It is all a bunch of rigged bullcrap anyways so the league will assign us whatever spot they want us to have in the end. Luckily for us this draft is a deep as the crap that they NHL has become so we will still end up with a solid if not franchise level player. So it is all good.

Maynard

Veteran of Forum Wars
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2003
Orange County
I still think that they will do the lottery with the order the way it stands today. We have the odds of the 4th worst team in the league at moving up to 1st spot and everyone else has their odds as well. It is all a bunch of rigged bullcrap anyways so the league will assign us whatever spot they want us to have in the end. Luckily for us this draft is a deep as the crap that they NHL has become so we will still end up with a solid if not franchise level player. So it is all good.
So you’re saying the draft lottery is rigged? So the league intentionally places teams into a predetermined order that they (Bettman?) want. So the whole lottery ball thing and the presentation on tv with all the GM’s is all a hoax?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad