2020 ECF: Tampa Bay Lightning vs. New York Islanders | TBL leads 3-2 (Pt.2)

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
Point had double hip surgery after last year’s playoffs. He came back fully healthy and flying this season and put up MVP performances in Stamkos’ absence in this year’s playoffs.

If it’s really a hip injury I’m worried. Not just for our current run but long term for his career.

Groin seems more likely though as he returned to play between sitting out as you have pointed out.
If he does come back today, the first hit he takes where his hip/groin gets tweaked he'll be done for the game like both game 2 and 4. I'm guessing he'll be a game time decision though. I'm just excited for a game 6 and to see the Islanders possibly take this to 7.

Merrrlin

Grab the 9 iron, Barry!
Jul 2, 2019
I personally don't see Isles winning this series, but Tampa better watch themselves because they should've ended this in game 5. They are putting themselves in a position similar to the Isles-Philly series where they are going to take a beating when the other team is well rested and waiting for them.

Hard to close out a series with your 2nd and 4th best players out of action. Imagine if NYI was missing Barzal and...not sure who would be equivalent to Stamkos...maybe Nelson?

Cirelli has the world in his palm right now. He comes up big with Point and Stamkos out, those RFA $$$ are starting to look pretty big.

wingnutks

Nov 17, 2011
My friend with psychic abilities said the Isles win 5-1 tonight and then in a 2-2 game in game 7 they score the winning goal with 1:03 left in regulation. I'll revisit tomorrow to see if he is right.
I cant tell if you are serious or not....

Chardo

Apr 27, 2007
What's going on with the scheduling here NHL?
You have game 6 on Thurs, then game 7 on Sat. I mean, that's even like logical!
Why not just play game 6 on Thurs aft, and game 7 on Thurs night, then you can start the Final at noon on Friday?
You know, like the incoherent scheduling you threw out for every other series?
If the zamboni needs an oil change, they'll push the game to morning.

Novak Djokovic

#24 and counting... #GOAT
Dec 10, 2006
Eh. Part of playoff hockey is having your players stay healthy and play through the grind. For a team as talented as Tampa with how many times they already should have won, they don't have an excuse.
To be fair, they have been doing that without their Captain and a guy with >1.0 PPG this season. I think that's adversity enough.

Reactions: Anisimovs AK

Ragamuffin Gunner

Lost in the Flood
Aug 15, 2008
Boston
"Ok guys, remember that if you take a shot past 6 in a period you get benched. Do NOT make the game even slightly entertaining outside of our own fans. Let's try to get people to turn off the game in the 2nd period tonight!"
-Barry Trots

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Cirelli deserved to score the winner. He worked his ass off all night.

LGBlues

Feb 25, 2014
Congrats Tampa - Credit to Schenn and Maroon stopping them from being pushed around. Happy to see Shatty on the ice for the winner too. Take that Trotz.

Reactions: KuchieKooRov

KuchieKooRov

Aug 13, 2020
Great series Isles fans. Gonna miss some of you, and yiur team was a tough out. I'm hoping you didn't beat us up too bad that we fold to Dallas. Anyways see ya next season.

Anisimovs AK

Apr 14, 2006
Columbus, OH
Any team that goes in as a heavy favorite and doesn't win the Cup is a bunch of choking losers. Also known as "Tampa Bay Lightning."

If they don't win this year, Wikipedia might as well change the entry.
Tampa Bay was only the heavy favorite last year, so you're wrong even according to your own logic. Good work, oh And they have choked their way to another stanley cup final.

Sentinel

May 26, 2009
New Jersey
www.vvinenglish.com
I would take Hedman over any of those guys. Leetch? Chelios? Not even close.
Chelios: 948 points in 1651 RS games, 144 points in 266 PO games, 7x 1AST & 2AST, 3x Norris winner.
Leetch: 1028 points in 1205 RS games, 97 points in 95 PO games, 5x 1AST & 2AST, 2x Norris winner.
Hedman: 473 points in 762 RS games, 48 points in 84 PO games, 5x 1AST & 2AST, 1x Norris winner. And he is in his prime, so his PPG will drop, like they do for everybody.

Not even close indeed.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Finals mean nothing. Literally, nothing. Ask any hockey player.

Last year was chokejob off-the-charts. The biggest chokejob in history.

This kid is just screaming for attention, someone call his mom.

:laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad