• Matthew Berkovitz

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
In the fifteenth poll, I am voting for Blake McLaughlin.

As always the list will define prospects as hockeysfuture does: NHL Prospect Criteria - Hockey's Future.

2020 Ducks Prospect Rankings
1. Trevor Zegras (-)
2. Jamie Drysdale (1st year)
3. Lukas Dostal (+5)
4. Maxime Comtois (-)
5. Jacob Perreault (1st year)
6. Isac Lundestrom (-1)
7. Henry Thrun (+10)
8. Brayden Tracey (-1)
9. Benoit-Olivier Groulx (+3)
10. Josh Mahura (+1)
11. Jackson Lacombe (+2)
12. Sam Colangelo (1st year)
13. Brendan Guhle (-3)
14. Ian Moore (1st year)
Our notable graduates and departures are:

Troy Terry
Sam Steel
Max Jones
Jacob Larsson
Chase De Leo
Brent Gates Jr.
Kiefer Sherwood

Last edited:

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Went with Maxim Golod. Although statistically he more than doubled his scoring last year, his biggest improvement was actually taking criticism and improving upon it. This occurred on the defensive side and offensive side. Here's the video that was shared about his improvement, which sways me heavily.

Since Golod knows that doing all the extra little things matters, then you can expect him to carry that attention to detail and extra effort to continue to progress. That progress netted him a contract with an NHL-team despite not getting drafted a couple of times. I'm very excited to have him and could be a very good 200ft glue guy. If you aren't scoring, then what else do you bring? Welp, we've had problems with players that didn't bring much when they didn't score.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Man I have no idea what to pick here. My first idea was to pick Galimov, as he's producing in a top3 league in the world. But at the same time, I trust our scouts and wouldn't want to go with a different order that they made the draft picks recently :laugh:
Btw, we signed Golod after the draft, right?

I like Kopacka size and speed and Benoits late-blooming. But honestly I have seen very little of them.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Man I have no idea what to pick here. My first idea was to pick Galimov, as he's producing in a top3 league in the world. But at the same time, I trust our scouts and wouldn't want to go with a different order that they made the draft picks recently :laugh:
Btw, we signed Golod after the draft, right?

I like Kopacka size and speed and Benoits late-blooming. But honestly I have seen very little of them.

Golod was signed after the draft, and he was eligible to be picked. So while this voting should come down to one's personal preference, it's evident that the team would rank Nickl (BM seems high on him), Galimov and our other remaining picks ahead of Golod.

I'm going with Benoit here, he's developed well enough at the AHL level that he likely gets his first cup of NHL coffee this year, and that puts him further along than a lot of the remaining prospects will get. There might be guys with more upside but they are much further away from contributing.

Reactions: Kalv

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
I forgot Berkovitz is no longer eligible, so he'll be removed from the next poll. Aside from him, can someone please verify that all eligble Ducks prospects have been added to the poll?

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
I have not voted yet. General idea would be either Benoit or Nickl.

Nickl didn't seem to produce that much in Sweden, given the league. I somewhat hoped he would put up more points :D

Anyone care to share some more ideas, insights?

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
I keep going back between Galimov and McLaughlin but I think what Galimov is doing in a really good league is more impressive.

Reactions: Kalv

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->