2020 Draft

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
If Grans isn't at our pick I'd rather just trade this year's 1st + our 2nd next year to get Flower out of the way.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Ugh not Schmitty

I think they might draft Lapierre over Schneider if they had the chance but who knows
If Lapierre is there at 16, and Bergevin has been quite open about moving the pick...

Could Marchessault and Schmidt bring back two 1sts to offset the Fleury 1st and 2nd?

Gives cap flexibility and we have young wingers to replace Marchessault. If we do get Pietrangelo that would be the Schmidt replacement. No one needs a raise except for Stephenson getting a million. They would still have room for a Wennberg or someone.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Could Marchessault and Schmidt bring back two 1sts to offset the Fleury 1st and 2nd?

Gives cap flexibility and we have young wingers to replace Marchessault. If we do get Pietrangelo that would be the Schmidt replacement. No one needs a raise except for Stephenson getting a million. They would still have room for a Wennberg or someone.
Sounds like we would only give away a 1st with MAF, with his landing spot giving up the 2nd.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Stamkos rumors too now.
Sure why not? :laugh:

If he was available for below value because Tampa wanted to thank him for everything he did and we were the only team he would waive for, why not? There's risk but since his rookie year, he has only had one season in twelve where he has scored less points than games he has played. Even in the playoffs he's something like .8 ppg.

Yeah he doesn't score in game sevens but that's what we have Theodore for.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
If he was available for below value because Tampa wanted to thank him for everything he did and we were the only team he would waive for, why not? There's risk but since his rookie year, he has only had one season in twelve where he has scored less points than games he has played. Even in the playoffs he's something like .8 ppg.

Yeah he doesn't score in game sevens but that's what we have Theodore for.

I just can't see them moving him with Johnson agreeing to waive for a few teams.
However I can see a Pietrangelo sign & trade.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
I just can't see them moving him with Johnson agreeing to waive for a few teams.
However I can see a Pietrangelo sign & trade.

Who would Pietrangelo be signing for and traded to in this scenario?

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Congrats to the Sharks. They're going to have an elite forward in Stutzle. I think he might be better than Lafreniere.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
No he won't. 0 chance.

He's in the 50s on these pundit draft boards he COULD easily slide 10ish spots. Can't fall in love with a pick where VGK stands, they will have a few options that will have slid further at both 29 and 67 and should go for value there.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
He's in the 50s on these pundit draft boards he COULD easily slide 10ish spots. Can't fall in love with a pick where VGK stands, they will have a few options that will have slid further at both 29 and 67 and should go for value there.
Who has him in the 50s lmao? Trash take, but seriously, who? And if they have Wallinder over him then yeah they're trash.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
Pronman's ranking:
56. Helge Grans, D, Malmo-SHL

Scary how much this sounds like Hague:

There’s a lot of times I’m left wanting more. I’ve seen a lot of games he makes little happen offensively and his average feet are exposed defensively. I wouldn’t call him a top-end puck-mover or defender, but he’s got enough tools and track record to make me think he has a fair shot to make it.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Scary how much this sounds like Hague:

There’s a lot of times I’m left wanting more. I’ve seen a lot of games he makes little happen offensively and his average feet are exposed defensively. I wouldn’t call him a top-end puck-mover or defender, but he’s got enough tools and track record to make me think he has a fair shot to make it.
Nothing like Hague. Grans is a great skater. Pronman has had some... less than stellar opinions btw.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
Who has him in the 50s lmao? Trash take, but seriously, who? And if they have Wallinder over him then yeah they're trash.

I'm not that picky, I want them to make a selection that they feel works within their pool now. I would really rather not see them trade it and have some hope that their success with some lower round picks in past drafts makes this deep draft they are talking about sound promising. But never believe when you are late first round that you should ever go in with a view of getting a particular guy because that's the realm of where you will have some guys just fall too far and you can afford to take the chance on them.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018

There's a lot of early to late 30's from the most respected voices there, I've seen some 50-60 rankings also, notably hockey prospects. I just think he slides a little to the early to mid 40's.

Brazen331

Jul 18, 2018
Trade? I would love to end the Fleury saga tonight. Too much to wish for I suppose.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad