OT: 2020 Draft - Who do you want?

Who do you want with the 2020 1st round draft pick?

• Daniel Torgersson (F)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Thomas Bordeleau (F)

• Helge Grans (D)

• Rodion Amirov (F)

• Vasili Ponomarev (F)

• Yan Kuznetsov (D)

• Justin Barron (D)

• Shakir Mukhamadullin (D)

• Brendon Brisson (F)

• Total voters

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
How'd you make that list? I wouldn't take some of those guys in the 3rd, but I have Gunler as a top-10 pick.

OilerSuperstar17

Oct 5, 2012
How'd you make that list? I wouldn't take some of those guys in the 3rd, but I have Gunler as a top-10 pick.

That list isn't a ranking, it's just random but I put players who were in and around 20 and lower but not low enough where it'd be considered a reach. I just looked at different rankings and mock drafts and a lot of players were interchangeable.

OilerSuperstar17

Oct 5, 2012
If Askarov falls to our pick you have to take him.

Right now I like Reichel.

Easily, you take him. I've heard he might fall to around our pick. If we're able to move up a few spots to select him, I'd be all for it.

Reichel I forgot about but he'd be a solid pick; got some size, needs to add a bit of weight. Solid season in DEL.

Pass the Saitl Sauce

Apr 30, 2015
Voted Mysak assuming gunler and askarov are long gone

A good defensive winger to make the job easier for a mcdavid or Draisaitl while having the skill to capitalize would be a nice add to the line-up in a few years

Last edited:

Samus44

Enjoy the ride.
Aug 5, 2010
Best player available at 31 and given that's so many picks in I've got no idea who that could be.

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
I have paid exactly zero attention to the draft this year. Just draft a slew of scoring forwards and maybe another goalie. I don’t care otherwise. I have faith in this management team to make the right picks.

Unfortunately we don't have enough picks this year to draft a slew of anything.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Based on the list I would go with Askarov, Amirov or Mysak. I personally think Askarov or Amirov are going to be gone by the time we get to our pick.

Last edited:

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Reichel is another guy I like but not sure I would pick him at 20 ish. I think there’s going to be some pretty nice prospects on the board.

LemmyUlanov55

4th line grinder
Apr 3, 2016
Reichel is another guy I like but not sure I would pick him at 20 ish. I think there’s going to be some pretty nice prospects on the board.
I've seen Reichel rocketing up the ranks in a couple of the latest draft lists, if the hype train continues, I could imagine some team will take him before the Oilers pick.
Would love to see him getting drafted by the Oilers but there will be a solid player available anyways.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
I've seen Reichel rocketing up the ranks in a couple of the latest draft lists, if the hype train continues, I could imagine some team will take him before the Oilers pick.
Would love to see him getting drafted by the Oilers but there will be a solid player available anyways.

I think what excites me about Reichel is that I think he could be pretty good with McDavid one day, providing he develops properly. He seems to have a no-nonsense type of game. Not super flashy but hes very involved all over the ice, good on lose pucks and hes very good infront of the net and around the net. Hes a smart player. He just seems like the type of player who would work well with McDavid but honestly who knows, no one really seems to stick with McDavid. The more I watch McDavid, the more I just think he needs to play with either very smart players or very predictable players, which it kinda seems like Reichel is both.

I havent wrote out my list but I think Reicher would be around 15-22 for me. That being said, I probably have ~3 defensemen ahead of him. I think when the actual draft takes place, we are going to see probably ~5-6 defensemen go before 20, because thats just what seems to happen. I think someone like Jarvis (maybe not him necessarily) is going to be sitting there waiting for us to pick him. But hey, maybe we will be picking at 31 anyway.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Reichel would have been my pick if he was there then it's Mysak. High floor high ceiling type players the Oilers need and would mesh well with McDavid. Not sure what's the love for Askarov. Can barely find videos of him and when I can, he looks pretty average.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Oilers have rotten luck when it comes to Russians

we need skill up front in the worst way

Sadly its hard to argue with you. I think with Russians, you need a few of them in the system. I guess we have Samurokov, Maksimov, Konovalov, etc but I understand the sentiment.

GettingYourMoms

Jun 6, 2018
Mysak is looking like very safe pick. I would say, that his defensive game is already on elite level. He is very smart kid on ice and off ice and he is one of the youngest guys in this draft. If he´s going to learn to pass more, he could be good 2 way center.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad