2020 Draft thread

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
Haha is there a prospect you think is more realistic and want covered next?
On offense I’m liking zary, lundell and Quinn, but I’m starting to doubt lundell and Quinn drop that far. Ive always liked what I’ve seen from zary. And anyone on D would be interesting since that’s a position of need for us, Ive watched a little bit of tape on schneider, less so on barron, and haven’t seen much of any of the other defenders (besides drysdale, who won’t fall that far)

TheImpatientPanther

Florida Flukin Panthers > LTIR Maple Leafs
Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
New hype reel for Seth Jarvis :) very underrated player (with one of the best names in the draft)

Working on vids for Barron and Quinn as well!

Reminds me of a young Trocheck and Nick Suzuki of recent pedigree.
He is a Swiss army type player.
Speed
Decent hands in tight
PP or PK.
Drives to the net with the puck
Fiesty

Wouldn't hate if we did pick him but as long as we make a trade for a defenseman. Larry Fisher had us taking him and he knows Ludvig already.

Last edited:

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
Reminds me of a young Trocheck and Nick Suzuki of recent pedigree.
He is a Swiss army type player.
Speed
Decent hands in tight
PP or PK.
Drives to the net with the puck
Fiesty

Wouldn't hate if we did pick him but as long as we make a trade for a defenseman. Larry Fisher had us taking him and he knows Ludvig already.

What's the knock on this guy? Size? I've seen him projected as low as mid 2nd round to as high as mid 1st round, what's the deal?

TheImpatientPanther

Florida Flukin Panthers > LTIR Maple Leafs
Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
What's the knock on this guy? Size? I've seen him projected as low as mid 2nd round to as high as mid 1st round, what's the deal?

Ya thats the main weakness I've read or seen when going through vids or scouting reports but 5'10 isn't that worrying imo. He could still grow an inch and he's listed around 175lbs already so one would assume 185-190lbs isn't out of the question for his settled weight. He plays with fire in his belly and isn't shy to drive to the net.
Also the other knock is the massive jump in production from previous year.

He played mostly RW this year as well but I've read the coach may move him back to C next year.
I just like his versatile style, not much he can't do but he needs to work on his skating even more and just bulk a bit.
I'd be drafting him as a C though, I'd say he's gone by mid 20s for sure so it depends on what happens with our 1st round pick whether we miss playoffs or fall in around 20th?

Ja Sports

May 6, 2020
New hype reel for Anton Lundell :) enjoy guys

More reels coming soon as well

Watching Lundell - he isn't flashy so his most valuable plays won't show up in highlight reels.

He'll intercept passes, win faceoffs, screen goalies, etc.

I think his steady all-around game will translate nicely to the NHL, and I think he would do well in FLA behind Barkov :)

Reactions: harv33173

Bag Of Beans

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
I'm biased, but I would love to see a Cole Perfetti highlight package. Same team as my cousin, so I was able to see him play a bunch this year. Great skill. I would imagine he's a top-10 pick easy

Reactions: MintyFresh88

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Ya thats the main weakness I've read or seen when going through vids or scouting reports but 5'10 isn't that worrying imo. He could still grow an inch and he's listed around 175lbs already so one would assume 185-190lbs isn't out of the question for his settled weight. He plays with fire in his belly and isn't shy to drive to the net.
Also the other knock is the massive jump in production from previous year.

He played mostly RW this year as well but I've read the coach may move him back to C next year.
I just like his versatile style, not much he can't do but he needs to work on his skating even more and just bulk a bit.
I'd be drafting him as a C though, I'd say he's gone by mid 20s for sure so it depends on what happens with our 1st round pick whether we miss playoffs or fall in around 20th?

I think the main knock on Jarvis is the strength of his team. He has been climbing though. Even I have him #18 on my personal list and I had him as a late first rounder at the mid-point.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
Lundell would probably be the most ideal selection where we’re at, but he probably won’t be there, may miss him by a couple picks. Big bodied Finnish center who plays a smart 2-way game, a hard snapper, and is playing at the pro level in Finland? Sounds like a good 2C to slot in behind Barkov longterm.

Ja Sports

May 6, 2020
Thanks! Really appreciate the support :)

I just finished this new one on Kaiden Guhle - one of the most complete defenders in the draft.

Enjoy and stay tuned for more videos coming soon :)

It was a bit tougher to find footage of Guhle, but as you can see he's a very strong, mobile defenceman. I can see his game translating well - just like his brother's

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
It was a bit tougher to find footage of Guhle, but as you can see he's a very strong, mobile defenceman. I can see his game translating well - just like his brother's

Yeah I'd love to get our hands on him, but we'd need a top 15 pick. Hopefully after the play-in round, we won't have a top 15 pick.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
Nothing necessarily against Byfield. He’ll probably be a great player. But when I watch him and when I watch Stützle, it isn’t even close. People are in love with Byfields size, but watching the tape on both it’s not even a competition honestly for me. Maybe I’ll be wrong on that, but say the panthers lose their playin series and lucked into #2, I’d probably prefer pick #3 because I’m sure whoever picks 2nd is going Byfield. Not like I’d complain either way lol but if I had the 2nd, I’d run to the podium and take Stützle and not even think twice.

Reactions: CanadianPantherFan

Bag Of Beans

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Nothing necessarily against Byfield. He’ll probably be a great player. But when I watch him and when I watch Stützle, it isn’t even close. People are in love with Byfields size, but watching the tape on both it’s not even a competition honestly for me. Maybe I’ll be wrong on that, but say the panthers lose their playin series and lucked into #2, I’d probably prefer pick #3 because I’m sure whoever picks 2nd is going Byfield. Not like I’d complain either way lol but if I had the 2nd, I’d run to the podium and take Stützle and not even think twice.

I concur. Not the biggest Byfield fan myself, and I've seen him play this year.

Reactions: CanadianPantherFan

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
I dunno, Byfield's hands and skating are insane for his size. I'd take him over Stutzle easily, and that's not a knock on Stutzle at all. Byfield is gonna be a monster in this league.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->