Prospect Info: 2020 Draft Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
Really? I admit, I have only seen snippets of his play, but I have read quite a bit about him. What do you not like about his play?
Sorry just saw this, i thought he was really bad in his own zone and was not good with the puck when under any sort of pressure and didn't physically engage defensively whatsoever. Feels like a career AHL type of D that will put up some point

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
With the Boston losing tonight, the Blues appear to be locked into the 26th overall pick. Unless they have changed the draft order for playoff teams, Picks 28-31 will be the Conference finalists and the Bruins will pick 27th.

Bobby Orrtuzzo

Ya know
Jul 8, 2015
St. Louis
Someone quoted a web site nobody ever heard of that said we were 23rd. Not positive but I think Mook is right on this.
giphy.gif

Reactions: Jordeau

MissouriMook

Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
I thought it was said somewhere we were 23rd?
For the last several years the teams eliminated in the first two rounds of the playoffs were seeded 16-27 in the draft based on regular season points. I haven’t seen any credible reports that this season will be done differently.

Reactions: Blueston

jbron

Apr 27, 2014
West Coast
Here are up to date rules for draft. Blues will draft #26th.

All teams missing the playoffs are in the Lottery
Teams with the least points get more chances at winning the Lottery
The 1st overall pick is awarded by a drawing of ping pong balls
The 2nd overall pick is awarded by a drawing of ping pong balls
The 3rd overall pick is awarded by a drawing of ping pong balls
Remaining lottery teams, sorted by points, fill out picks 4-15
Ties are broken by teams' total number of regulation wins (RW), regulation and non-shootout overtime wins (ROW), and then head-to-head if still tied
Playoff teams that did not win their divisions and did not make the conference finals, sorted by points, are assigned the next picks
Playoff teams that won their divisions and did not make the conference finals, sorted by points, are assigned the next picks
Conference finals losers sorted by points are assigned picks 28 and 29
Stanley Cup runner-up is assigned pick 30
Stanley Cup champion is assigned pick 31
Note: This site uses points-per-game instead of points to account for different number of games played between teams

Note fan in Big D

Oct 22, 2008
Texas
Anyone like William Wallinder? 6’4” LHD. Plus skater and has a smooth calming presence like Petro in the d zone.

Last edited:

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
Anyone like William Wallinder? 6’4” LHD. Plus skater and has a smooth calming presence like Petro in the d zone.
He is another possibility. I have read that he needs to work on his defensive game. I have a hunch, that with his size and skating, he will go earlier than predicted.

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
I don't have a lot of confidence in our goaltending moving forward. Binnington seems at least durable enough to run out there for 50-games/year and play at a capable/above-average level...but Husso and Hofer are huge question marks, even if they've got promise. Maybe the Russian, Zherenko, is the long-term future...but I'm still all aboard drafting Askarov (somehow) and handing him the reins in 3-years (if he proves as good as the scouts believe) for full-time duties spanning the next decade-plus.

Reactions: Note fan in Big D

MissouriMook

Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
I don't have a lot of confidence in our goaltending moving forward. Binnington seems at least durable enough to run out there for 50-games/year and play at a capable/above-average level...but Husso and Hofer are huge question marks, even if they've got promise. Maybe the Russian, Zherenko, is the long-term future...but I'm still all aboard drafting Askarov (somehow) and handing him the reins in 3-years (if he proves as good as the scouts believe) for full-time duties spanning the next decade-plus.
That's a lot of projection on Zherenko. He still has a lot to prove and he hasn't even made it to NA yet.

Hofer, on the other hand, had really solid numbers in the WHL last year. He just turned 20 and will probably challenge Fitzpatrick for the starter role in Springfield if Husso sticks with the Blues.

I like that all of the guys coming up are bigger (Hofer is listed at 6'3" on our roster but 6'5" on the Portland roster) as I think Binnington's downfall, if he has one, will be due at least in part to lack of size to cover for errors in positioning.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Not at all sold on Askarov. He was terrible at WJC. Goalies are so hard to project it is generally a mistake to spend #1 on them. Let someone else take that risk.

Reactions: MissouriMook
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad