Post-Game Talk: 2020 Draft Review / Grade The Oilers Draft

What grade would you give the Oilers draft?

• Total voters

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
Think this draft is a B-. Holland deal down netted an extra pick used to nab a small, high skill local kid with gaudy Alta Junior stats. Perfect mid-draft speculative pick. Tyler Tullio a similar small skill guy taken well past his projected draft slotting is also a value pick on small skill player with character and work ethic. I like the Oilers ran the draft table on forwards and the later picks are all lottery tickets on skill in fringe playing situations which could maybe break. Dart board stuff but reasonable-ish reaches based on organization need.

Holloway makes this draft a B-. An island of size, skating and straight lines power forward body in an ocean of small flash and dash smaller finesse prospects, I think Holloway is being unfairly nicked a bit by some Oil fans. By reports, a high character, versatile assertive centre/winger whose one year from leading AJHL in scoring. Young NCAA freshman who showed rise later in his inaugural season who could breakout as a sophomore. The Oil get a low floor player who should cover the bet as a quality 3C or winger but quite possibly plays as a big, skilled top six left wing if his offence abilities develop.

Reactions: Aerchon

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Someone start the Oilers prospects ranking poll, I have some court filings coming up in the next couple weeks for some clients and won’t have the time to run it/keep it moving along.

I’m thinking Broberg goes first. Maybe @ConnorMcMullet or one of you detail oriented guys could fire it up.

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
Someone start the Oilers prospects ranking poll, I have some court filings coming up in the next couple weeks for some clients and won’t have the time to run it/keep it moving along.

I’m thinking Broberg goes first. Maybe @ConnorMcMullet or one of you detail oriented guys could fire it up.

I could get that going, although @Cloned might want to make that part of his poll series.

Reactions: snipes

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
I could get that going, although @Cloned might want to make that part of his poll series.

There you go. Doesn’t matter who just as long as it’s a regular here who can keep it moving.

We have shiny new toys to talk about.

My top 3 will go likely:
Broberg
Bouchard
Holloway

Then it gets interesting for me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->