2020 Draft Poll

Who would you take at 5th and 9th

• Total voters

ColbyChaos

Marty Snoozeman's Father
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
Vasilevskiy is making 8.5. Do you want to commit that much to a goalie?

Hypothetically signing Vasi to that contract (and letting crow walk) is a lot better for this team than signing essentiallly 10 million in dead/bad cap in Dehaan, Shaw, Maatta only to have those players be anchors or not in the lineup for the season

Rick C137

Jun 5, 2018
Hypothetically signing Vasi to that contract (and letting crow walk) is a lot better for this team than signing essentiallly 10 million in dead/bad cap in Dehaan, Shaw, Maatta only to have those players be anchors or not in the lineup for the season
Just because the extra space wasn’t used correctly this season does not prove your point that cap is better spent on a goalie. Staying hypothetical... it would have been better for the team to bring in an impact player and retain crow rather than signing Vasi.

and Matta played all season and was not a close to an anchor. Don’t know why he’s roped into this. The only deal of those I take back is Shaw.

Reactions: Boqvy wan Kenobi

Malaka

you know, **** it, let’s just not think so much
Mar 3, 2020
www.youtube.com
We paid how much for the crow/lehner tandem? Lehner is expecting a payday at 8m+. Whichever team will still need a backup goaltender too. It’s honestly a silly argument. The extra money being paid for an elite goaltender not only steals games but minimizes risks with an average starter having a bad night.

Crow I believe still has it too, rumors of health/rehab problems be damned. The timeline of succession for Askarov joining this team in 3 years will be punctual with Crawford and his next contract/phase of career. There’s a lot to feel good about here.

Also to whatever risk you think comes along with drafting
Russians in the first round, take a look at the ruble crashing and tell me what you think is going on in their heads. 12 million USD cap to a team out there. Meanwhile the NHL cap is predicted to rise with the new media deal or whatever in the near future. Just this offseason we’ll have khlers stealing jobs from tweeners.

It’s honestly such a champagne problem to pay for high end talent right now when it’s likely going to be Monopoly money in the future

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
We paid how much for the crow/lehner tandem? Lehner is expecting a payday at 8m+. Whichever team will still need a backup goaltender too. It’s honestly a silly argument. The extra money being paid for an elite goaltender not only steals games but minimizes risks with an average starter having a bad night.

Crow I believe still has it too, rumors of health/rehab problems be damned. The timeline of succession for Askarov joining this team in 3 years will be punctual with Crawford and his next contract/phase of career. There’s a lot to feel good about here.

Also to whatever risk you think comes along with drafting
Russians in the first round, take a look at the ruble crashing and tell me what you think is going on in their heads. 12 million USD cap to a team out there. Meanwhile the NHL cap is predicted to rise with the new media deal or whatever in the near future. Just this offseason we’ll have khlers stealing jobs from tweeners.

It’s honestly such a champagne problem to pay for high end talent right now when it’s likely going to be Monopoly money in the future
Just draft Artur Akhtyamov with our 5th or 6th round pick. Problem solved. There's our Russian goalie. Don't have to use a top 10 pick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad