2020 Draft Poll

Who would you take at 5th and 9th

• Total voters

Styles

No Light, No Signal
Apr 6, 2017
You can make up to three choices. Use two choices for the (5) spot because it's likely one of the players will not be there at five. Use one choice for the (9) spot. Let me know if you want to add anyone to either choice.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Rossi/Raymond at 5

Quinn at 9

But I'd rather have Marat Khusnutdinov at 9... (add him)

Giovi

Sponsor
Feb 1, 2009
Raymond

Lundell or Mysak. Wouldn't mind Gunler either.
THN has some quotes from NHL scouts about Gunler being an attitude problem. Wouldnt want to end up with a Ho-Sang or Merkley.

Giovi

Sponsor
Feb 1, 2009
You're clueless if you think Khusnutdinov is a 2nd rounder.
Not that either is the last word on the draft, but Button has him at 55 and THN doesnt rank him in the top 100. I've read more sources that have him out of the 1st than in.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
THN has some quotes from NHL scouts about Gunler being an attitude problem. Wouldnt want to end up with a Ho-Sang or Merkley.
I hated Gunler to start the season because of this. He called a coach an idiot and told him he made a "f***ing mistake" for cutting him from the junior team.

That being said, his play was very impressive throughout the season and I haven't heard of any mishaps since then.

In the case of Merkley, not only was he uncoachable but he literally won't play defense...which is his job. For me he was on a no draft list. I don't think Gunler is like that at all.
Merkley is a serial killer...

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Not that either is the last word on the draft, but Button has him at 55 and THN doesnt rank him in the top 100. I've read more sources that have him out of the 1st than in.
I'm talking about talent. I don't care where he ends up going. The fact is, he's worthy of a 1st round pick. And I've already heard that multiple NHL scouts have him as high as the early teens.

Giovi

Sponsor
Feb 1, 2009
I hated Gunler to start the season because of this. He called a coach an idiot and told him he made a "f***ing mistake" for cutting him from the junior team.

That being said, his play was very impressive throughout the season and I haven't heard of any mishaps since then.

In the case of Merkley, not only was he uncoachable but he literally won't play defense...which is his job. For me he was on a no draft list. I don't think Gunler is like that at all.
Merkley is a serial killer...

I understand there isn't as much said about his attitude as Merkley. But, IMO it's enough to put him well down the board when there are comparable talents without that kind of warning signs.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
I understand there isn't as much said about his attitude as Merkley. But, IMO it's enough to put him well down the board when there are comparable talents without that kind of warning signs.
Depends who you're comparing him to. For me he's in that Lundell tier.

feichter33

Mar 25, 2013
Raymond at 5...evidence points to Askarov at 9 based on us dropping Gravel and Peeters. We pretty much just scuttled our pipeline in one fell swoop. Haha.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Raymond at 5...evidence points to Askarov at 9 based on us dropping Gravel and Peeters. We pretty much just scuttled our pipeline in one fell swoop. Haha.
Askarov is signed until 2022. Drafting him would have zero impact on Gravel and Peeters. Peeters was left unsigned because he's straight up garbage. To me Gravel looked like he could be a backup, but I think the Hawks probably feel like they have enough backup goalies with Delia and Lankinen.

Them going unsigned does not mean the Hawks are selecting Askarov. No relation.

Reactions: ClydeLee

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Askarov is signed until 2022. Drafting him would have zero impact on Gravel and Peeters. Peeters was left unsigned because he's straight up garbage. To me Gravel looked like he could be a backup, but I think the Hawks probably feel like they have enough backup goalies with Delia and Lankinen.

Them going unsigned does not mean the Hawks are selecting Askarov. No relation.

I also think they will make a run at Cale Morris.

Reactions: Kevin Musto

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad