2020 draft - 7th round #203 - forward Chase Bradley

waltdetroit

Jul 20, 2010
Chase Bradley Commits to Northeastern
Mike Davis
March 2, 2017 2020-2021

Providence — Northeastern received their second commitment from a 2002 birth year, as Chase Bradley, a forward out of the New Jersey Colonials U14 team, committed to the Huskies this past Monday evening. Bradley is a left shot power forward standing at 5-foot-11, weighing 170 pounds. He hails originally from St. Louis, Missouri. He is slated to arrive in 2020, joining Robby Griffin, Ty Jackson, Dylan Jackson, and Jayden Struble in our projected class for that Fall.
Bradley is the third player from his team to commit to a Division 1 institution. On Tuesday morning, I was able to get some questions answered by his coach, Noel Rubin, about the kind of player that Bradley is and what he brings to the table.

NUHB: What kind of player is Chase right now? How would you describe his game?

Coach Rubin: Chase is a great kid and very coachable. Works hard. Has a big upside. Power forward, good shot and outside speed. Goes to the net hard. A true power forward

NUHB: How do you project his growth in the coming years?

Coach Rubin: Chase needs to get stronger and with his work ethic I know he will continue to develop into a very good D1 hockey player. He is an excellent 200-foot player who can win puck battles in front of the net and find goals and keep pucks alive on the forecheck.

Chase Bradley Commits to Northeastern

Killerjas

Mar 6, 2017
Netherlands
Bradley is low key doing really well for Sioux City. 9 points in 11 games. I know Scouching really liked this pick, solid offensive player with good shooting and skill. Statistics were also quite good. Needs to work on his defense though.

Reactions: mantha39 and Henkka

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Formerly Vatican Roulette
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Bradley is low key doing really well for Sioux City. 9 points in 11 games. I know Scouching really liked this pick, solid offensive player with good shooting and skill. Statistics were also quite good. Needs to work on his defense though.

7th round picks have to work on something.

Glad to see him producing.

cjeagle

Jul 10, 2016
Chicago
Since he is doing well right now at the USHL(13 points in 17 games so far) I am going to post this article I read about him around the time at the draft

There's another Oakville product in NHL pipeline, Chase Bradley

The Redwings nearly lost out on this kid after drafting Draper's son Kienan at #187:

When Detroit opened the seventh round of the NHL draft on Oct. 7 by picking Kienan Draper, at No. 187 overall, Chase Bradley thought his chance to be selected was over. The Red Wings, after all, were the only team that had shown any real interest in him and the pick used for Draper was their last.
Or was it?

“We actually thought our draft was over,” Kris Draper, Detroit’s director of amateur scouting and a four-time Stanley Cup champion as a player, told the Post-Dispatch.

“As an organization, we just started having some discussion if there’s a possibility to get another seventh-round pick — who did we like?” Draper said.
The answer turned out to be Bradley, a forward from Oakville.
The Red Wings worked a trade with Bradley’s hometown squad — the Blues — moving into the round and taking him at No. 203.

“He plays a hard, physical game,” Draper said. “He’s a player that likes to get in on the forecheck, use his skating, use his ‘compete.’ He was a player that just seemed to keep trending in the right direction.
“As our scouts were going to see him play, they felt that he continued to improve. And that’s something that obviously you get excited about.”
How competitive was Bradley? Well, he and older brother Connor occasionally had to be separated in practice at Oakville High for going after each other.
___

I can't believe his mother drove him from St. Louis to New Jersey on the weekends during high school after playing Friday at home in Oakville and then drive back to Missouri on Sunday or Monday for school. That is how much he wanted to improve himself in hockey. The AHL would be a breeze for him after that kind of travel schedule.

Last edited:

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Just turned 20 and is second on UConn with seven goals
in 19 games as a sophomore.

Anyone know how he ended up at UConn after committing to Northeastern and is he still on the radar for the Wings?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad