Prospect Info: 2020 Draft #204 - Ben McCartney (LW)

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Ben McCartney at eliteprospects.com

ESjWQV5UwAAhJqf

McCartney plays a simple, meat and potatoes sort of game. He spends a lot of time in front of the net and does a good job fighting for positioning. He also took the puck to the net on one occasion, dropping the shoulder and dragging a defender with him en route to the scoring chance. -EliteProspects 2020 NHL Draft Guide

High character winger with a high tempo North-South game that he plays with edginess and commitment. Always opportunistic and smart in the attack zone, he is a good wall player and plays strong on the puck. Defensively sound, he plays with balance but his skating will need to improve. Creates turnovers and sticks to his name in coverage. Long term developmental with upside.

Ben McCartney - NHL - DraftSite.com

Video: 2019-20 Highlight Reel: Ben McCartney, Brandon Wheat Kings – WHL Network

Last edited:

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Brandon is a very solid program and will be one of the better teams in the WHL so this is worth a gamble.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg

I kind of already figured out the thing fans didn't know about him. I drive by his home town every time I go to my weekend getaway. His town hardly even qualifies as a town. I hadn't even heard of it until we drafted him and I looked it up.

Kaizen

Sep 30, 2004
Prince George B.C.
I kind of already figured out the thing fans didn't know about him. I drive by his home town every time I go to my weekend getaway. His town hardly even qualifies as a town. I hadn't even heard of it until we drafted him and I looked it up.

Village or a hamlet then?

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
I just noticed that this dude we got in the 7th round is 2nd in WHL scoring, right behind Peyton Krebs. That's promising.
He’s been really good and it has been since the start of the Regina bubble. I think he’s gonna make the show. May take some time but i see why we took him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad