Prospect Info: 2020 Draft - 1st Pick: Dylan Holloway | SIGNED! ELC Starts 2021-2022 Season | Signs ATO With Bako!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
Just an honest question. Isn't it against the TOS to go back and hunt down old posts out of context? Thought I had seen something to that extent.

That and I know posts that target posters is also against the tos...

For some reason both have been allowed to run rampant in regards to Broberg for some reason.

So you're saying I can't bring up that post where you say Jones and Bear won't make it to the NHL?

:naughty:

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
I think everything you said about the main boards can be applied to everyone here to a greater or lesser extent.

The main boards can and should be used as a sounding board for when homerism gets too rampant. We don't want to end up like CP.

I think calling Zegras a Shiney new toy is very disingenuous. He has been a top 4 prospect for years. Prospect is the key word for his unknown nhl abilities but top 4 should put any UNBIASED hockey fan into the right frame of mind... not Shiney/new. Just f***ing brilliantly shiny and can be projected as such.

That’s like saying if you’re getting too much sunshine you should go lay in a tanning bed for a hour to get out of the sun.

Top 4 prospect for years? First I have heard of that. He actually had a disappointing freshman season by most accounts and struggled quite a bit. Sure he’s a very good prospect, but very good prospects flop often.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
I think the conversation has drifted of course but arrived there naturally via comparables.

I like Holloway but he is no Zegras and certainly does not fill the same needed role that Zegras would have if we drafted him instead of Broberg.

Hopefully drafting Holloway helps tho. Time will tell.

Edit: I think Holloway, Zegras, and Broberg will naturally always be linked due to draft circumstances.
Did anyone actually compare Holloway to Zegras???

I compared him to a similar US WJHC star that Zegras was closing in on for the US points record. Also makes sense because Schroeder had a better freshman college season than the one Zegras just had. That somehow offended LTIR deeply.

how are Holloway and Zegras linked in any way due to their draft circumstances? You realize they are from different draft years right? The only people who are doing that are those that have a weird need to train wreck every thread with how amazing they think a player drafted by another team is...

Last edited:

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Forgive me for not knowing, but I'm presuming the USA doesn't have the same quarantine laws as here or is it just shorter, like a few days?

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Pretty low event game. Holloway has won the first two draws of the second. A bit of good zone time last shift.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
I think the conversation has drifted of course but arrived there naturally via comparables.

I like Holloway but he is no Zegras and certainly does not fill the same needed role that Zegras would have if we drafted him instead of Broberg.

Hopefully drafting Holloway helps tho. Time will tell.

Edit: I think Holloway, Zegras, and Broberg will naturally always be linked due to draft circumstances.

Your love affair with Zegras needs to stick with you man holy crap. How will Holloway be linked Zegras when they aren't in the same draft class? You can talk about Zegras in your head. Stop bringing that crap into a thread not even related to him

Last edited:

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Just created a turnover off of a strong board play nearly leading to a 2 on 1 the other way.

Wisconsin looks to play on a more Olympic size ice. It’s definitely bigger than an NHL ice.

Seems like a lower event type game so far.

Reactions: McTonyBrar

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Holloway wins another offensive zone draw a short while after Wisconsin rings one off the cross bar.

Reactions: McTonyBrar

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
End of the 2nd.

Wisconsin up 1-0 over 1st ranked
Minnesota is impressive. Pretty low event game on the big ice, lots of perimeter play for both teams.

First time Minnesota has even been behind in a game in Big 10 play this year.

Daryls Friend

May 14, 2017
I think everything you said about the main boards can be applied to everyone here to a greater or lesser extent.

The main boards can and should be used as a sounding board for when homerism gets too rampant. We don't want to end up like CP.

I think calling Zegras a Shiney new toy is very disingenuous. He has been a top 4 prospect for years. Prospect is the key word for his unknown nhl abilities but top 4 should put any UNBIASED hockey fan into the right frame of mind... not Shiney/new. Just f***ing brilliantly shiny and can be projected as such.
I think you should shut er down boxcar boy. Your eye for talent (or more particularly for stats) has historically been horrific (Jones, Bear, theres numerous others) , not very good at all. That you now start comparing Casey Mittlestad v2 with a guy now even in his draft class shows you've kinda lost it.
Take a break. You deserve it.

Last edited:

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Wisconsin scored a few minutes back.

2-0.

Edit: Holloway just about sprung for a breakaway around the D man, ends up crashing the net and barrelling the goaltender. His skating really stands out as usual, fantastic skater

North

Jun 25, 2009
Wisconsin scored a few minutes back.

2-0.

Edit: Holloway just about sprung for a breakaway around the D man, ends up crashing the net and barrelling the goaltender. His skating really stands out as usual, fantastic skater

Thank you for the updates. Much appreciated.

Reactions: nabob and snipes

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
I really wish Granato would play Holloway and Caufield 5 v 5 together.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Good shot block and puck pressure by Holloway this shift.

Lacombe just prevented Holloway from being sprung on a breakaway. Nice defensive play from the Minnesota D man.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
3-1 now empty netter.

This will be a big win if Wisconsin beats the undefeated Minnesota

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Wisconsin wins it.

Good win for the Badgers.
Thanks for the updates!

safe to say Holloway had a solid first game back?
Did you notice any signs of his injury from the WJHC hampering him at all. Think it’s really key that he stay healthy and miss as few games as possible for the rest of the year. Huge chance for development for him this year.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad