Prospect Info: 2020 Draft - 1st Pick: Dylan Holloway | SIGNED! ELC Starts 2021-2022 Season | Signs ATO With Bako!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
HAhaha did he really do that? I didn’t realize I was wasting my time with someone who would go to that extreme level of (insert words I can’t say).
Aww cute, the warriors ganging up again to attempt a bit more bullying.
As if you didn't know that. Strudwick mention was a response to your physical comparison of Broberg with Hedman. Or is he Seth Jones now.

I also notice that you have moved on from LOLs to incite to Hahaha.. baby steps.

Continue to attack poster instead of post. As if a couple out of context posts define me.

I will let the mods clean up this derailment

Reactions: Aerchon

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
As if you didn't know that. Strudwick mention was a response to your physical comparison of Broberg with Hedman. Or is he Seth Jones now.

I also notice that you have moved on from LOLs to incite to Hahaha.. baby steps.

Continue to attack poster instead of post. As if a couple out of context posts define me.

this really is your go to isn’t it? When someone shows the flaws in the logic of your posts you cry that you’re being bullied and report posts? The entire point of me comparing Broberg to Jones was to show that anyone can make any outlandish prediction they want for a player based off a tournament that has traditionally not been a very good barometer for judging where a player eventually ends up in his career. But I see you didn’t bother to try and understand the obvious and instead went on attack mode.

let’s get back to my last post where I proved to you that comparing Zegras to Schroeder at this point in Zegras’ career was in no way a slight on Zegras, but just showing how little a few games at the WJHC actually mean in the grand scheme of things.

I’ll leave it at that as you have taken this Holloway thread completely off the rails now.

Reactions: McTonyBrar

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
this really is your go to isn’t it? When someone shows the flaws in the logic of your posts you cry that you’re being bullied and report posts?

let’s get back to my last post where I proved to you that comparing Zegras to Schroeder at this point in Zegras’ career was in no way a slight on Zegras, but just showing how little a few games at the WJHC actually mean in the grand scheme of things.
On par with Koekkoek getting drafted 10th overall. Your point is valid that it's too early to say anything. It's exactly my point as well. It's your demeaning theatrics which need to be called out. Also, unlike you I have not reported any of your posts.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017

They are attacking your post, not you.

You comparing him to strudwick was laughable and you still dont seem to understand why he was compared to hedman.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
On par with Koekkoek getting drafted 10th overall. Your point is valid that it's too early to say anything. It's exactly my point as well. It's your demeaning theatrics which need to be called out. Also, unlike you I have not reported any of your posts.

im talking about post draft results. I’m talking about things with context. You’re just throwing out random names and draft positions.

I haven’t reported anything lol.

and when someone compares Broberg to Strudwick I will laugh and laugh and laugh at it and how ignorant of a comparison it really is. If you’re still this offended then maybe you shouldn’t make such ignorant (lacking knowledge) comments like that. A comment that anyone who knows anything about hockey would consider to be uneducated. It’s perfectly within the rules to call out a post and show how wrong or ignorant that post is. I never once attacked you, I addressed your posts. You’re the one who decided to try and make things personal after your posts got picked apart for lacking substance and logic.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
They are attacking your post, not you.

You comparing him to strudwick was laughable and you still dont seem to understand why he was compared to hedman.
Where is the Strudwick post in this thread? You want to discuss it bring it up in that thread with context. Sorry but unlike Acheron or whoever else you like to target you can't define me and dismiss my posts based on that one I made in a response to something over a month ago.

Attack was not on my post but on me for making a comparison over a month ago in a different thread.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Where is the Strudwick post in this thread? You want to discuss it bring it up in that thread with context. Sorry but unlike Acheron or whoever else you like to target you can't define me and dismiss my posts based on that one I made in a response to something over a month ago.

Attack was not on my post but on me for making a comparison over a month ago in a different thread.

it put the pieces of the puzzle together. It helped explain that I was clearly wasting my time.

it’s highly hypocritical of you to whine about someone bringing up a past comparison you made of Broberg to Strudwick while in the same thread you’re mocking me for making a comparison of Broberg to his countryman Hedman...

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
im talking about post draft results. I’m talking about things with context. You’re just throwing out random names and draft positions.

I haven’t reported anything lol.

and when someone compares Broberg to Strudwick I will laugh and laugh and laugh at it and how ignorant of a comparison it really is. If you’re still this offended then maybe you shouldn’t make such ignorant (lacking knowledge) comments like that. A comment that anyone who knows anything about hockey would consider to be uneducated. It’s perfectly within the rules to call out a post and show how wrong or ignorant that post is. I never once attacked you, I addressed your posts. You’re the one who decided to try and make things personal after your posts got picked apart for lacking substance and logic.
Yup, let's keep adding more unrelated garbage for mods to clean up. I will not back down.
You have talked nothing substantial other than mocking.. you brought in Seth Jones as if he is a comparison to Broberg.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
it put the pieces of the puzzle together. It helped explain that I was clearly wasting my time.
Well there is an ignore function that you and your troll account can put me on. You don't need to waste your time on a poster like me.

Edit: lol @Seth Jones... Hahaha can't stop laughing .. (did I do the nabob right?)

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Yup, let's keep adding more unrelated garbage for mods to clean up. I will not back down.
You have talked nothing substantial other than mocking.. you brought in Seth Jones as if he is a comparison to Broberg.
I brought up Schroeder as a comparison to Zegras. A very valid comparison considering their WJHC stats and that Schroeder has a much better freshman season than Zegras did. You mocked that comparison, then brought up a completely unrelated comparison I made to Broberg for some reason. Seems like you love to dish it out but then immediately play a victim card as soon as someone shows how flawed your posts are. If you can’t handle someone disagreeing with your posts or proving you wrong then maybe message boards aren’t the place for you.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
I brought up Schroeder as a comparison to Zegras. A very valid comparison considering their WJHC stats and that Schroeder has a much better freshman season than Zegras did. You mocked that comparison, then brought up a completely unrelated comparison I made to Broberg for some reason. Seems like you love to dish it out but then immediately play a victim card as soon as someone shows how flawed your posts are. If you can’t handle someone disagreeing with your posts or proving you wrong then maybe message boards aren’t the place for you.
Ok, put that comparison on the main boards and see what reaction you get. Zegras is one of the shiniest new toy of the league right now. Comparing him to a bust is poor timing and sour grapes at best. As if we wouldn't be creaming our pants if he was Oilers property.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Well there is an ignore function that you and your troll account can put me on. You don't need to waste your time on a poster like me.

Edit: lol @Seth Jones... Hahaha can't stop laughing .. (did I do the nabob right?)

now you’re calling me a troll while attempting to flame me?? All this after you tried to get me punished by mods for showing how your comparisons aren’t very valid?

maybe go back and try to understand the context of me comparing him to Jones...I have tried to explain it to you already. I intentionally made a outlandish comparison just to show you how silly making outlandish comparisons at this stage is.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Ok, put that comparison on the main boards and see what reaction you get. Zegras is one of the shiniest new toy of the league right now. Comparing him to a bust is poor timing and sour grapes at best. As if we wouldn't be creaming out pants if he was Oilers property.

I don’t care what the main boards say. If you use the main boards of HF as your bible for hockey knowledge then I now understand where your posts are coming from and why you act the way you do.

My point of the comparison is that there have been tons of really shiny toys in the WJHC that became really dull blobs once they hit the NHL. Sorry if you’re offended by me pointing that out. Maybe the mains and the Ducks board is the place for you if you get this upset over someone pointing out that Zegras may not be a superstar at the NHL level...

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Anyways. Super stoked to see Holloway back in action. He was off to a really strong start. Having him and Savioe amongst others makes college hockey worth paying attention to again as an Oilers fan.

Reactions: B33K33PING and LTIR

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
I don’t care what the main boards say. If you use the main boards of HF as your bible for hockey knowledge then I now understand where your posts are coming from and why you act the way you do.

My point of the comparison is that there have been tons of really shiny toys in the WJHC that became really dull blobs once they hit the NHL. Sorry if you’re offended by me pointing that out. Maybe the mains and the Ducks board is the place for you if you get this upset over someone pointing out that Zegras may not be a superstar at the NHL level...
I never got upset. I just countered it with Barzal and Koekkoek to neutralize the homerism. That apparently got peoples knickers in a knot..

I am hoping for the best for Broberg and Holloway and agree that it's too early to declare them anything.

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011

Just an honest question. Isn't it against the TOS to go back and hunt down old posts out of context? Thought I had seen something to that extent.

That and I know posts that target posters is also against the tos...

For some reason both have been allowed to run rampant in regards to Broberg for some reason.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Just an honest question. Isn't it against the TOS to go back and hunt down old posts out of context? Thought I had seen something to that extent.

That and I know posts that target posters is also against the tos...

For some reason both have been allowed to run rampant in regards to Broberg for some reason.

delete: you and him have already taken this thread far enough off topic.

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
Ok, put that comparison on the main boards and see what reaction you get. Zegras is one of the shiniest new toy of the league right now. Comparing him to a bust is poor timing and sour grapes at best. As if we wouldn't be creaming our pants if he was Oilers property.
I feel like calling Zegras the shiniest new toy should only further serve to make people slow their roles with the player because that's all he is right now. A shiny new toy who hasn't actually accomplished anything.

Also, I don't think citing the main boards opinions of players is a good way to make a point. That place is a cluster f*** of rhetoric, semantics, and childish mud slinging. The same place where Draisaitl is still just a product of McDavid.

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
I feel like calling Zegras the shiniest new toy should only further serve to make people slow their roles with the player because that's all he is right now. A shiny new toy who hasn't actually accomplished anything.

Also, I don't think citing the main boards opinions of players is a good way to make a point. That place is a cluster f*** of rhetoric, semantics, and childish mud slinging. The same place where Draisaitl is still just a product of McDavid.

I think everything you said about the main boards can be applied to everyone here to a greater or lesser extent.

The main boards can and should be used as a sounding board for when homerism gets too rampant. We don't want to end up like CP.

I think calling Zegras a Shiney new toy is very disingenuous. He has been a top 4 prospect for years. Prospect is the key word for his unknown nhl abilities but top 4 should put any UNBIASED hockey fan into the right frame of mind... not Shiney/new. Just f***ing brilliantly shiny and can be projected as such.

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
I think everything you said about the main boards can be applied to everyone here to a greater or lesser extent.

The main boards can and should be used as a sounding board for when homerism gets too rampant. We don't want to end up like CP.

I think calling Zegras a Shiney new toy is very disingenuous. He has been a top 4 prospect for years. Prospect is the key word for his unknown nhl abilities but top 4 should put any UNBIASED hockey fan into the right frame of mind... not Shiney/new. Just f***ing brilliantly shiny and can be projected as such.
Personally I don't think he's a shiny new toy. I dislike the term. Just addressing that specific post. I agree to an extent about the mains, but you have to wade through tons of shit. I've come to appreciate HFOil and a good chunk of its posters to be far more reasonable than most of the crap on the mains. But the trolls always suck me in so maybe that's just me.

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
This the Trevor Zegras thread now?

I think the conversation has drifted of course but arrived there naturally via comparables.

I like Holloway but he is no Zegras and certainly does not fill the same needed role that Zegras would have if we drafted him instead of Broberg.

Hopefully drafting Holloway helps tho. Time will tell.

Edit: I think Holloway, Zegras, and Broberg will naturally always be linked due to draft circumstances.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
So he’s playing? 3 PM MST start time, friendly reminder on that. I’m assuming he’s playing based on prevents comments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad