Prospect Info: 2020 Draft - 1st Pick: Dylan Holloway | SIGNED! ELC Starts 2021-2022 Season | Signs ATO With Bako!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Biltmore

Next Year...
Oct 22, 2015
Haha. Poor Jim. His inside voice is coming out in many of his random Twitter musings. His Holloway tweet seems to have smoke around it with hockey peeps like Lawton and Maguire weighing in on Hollway's breakout year. Oil management saw a lot at U20, Badger watching and likely talking to Wisconsin coach Granato about Holloway's game.

They saw him good!

Reactions: Behind Enemy Lines

North

Jun 25, 2009
There has been a lot of smoke on Holloway in Edmonton media and external peeps like deeply connected Brian Lawton. There's also been pretty solid exposure through the U20 tournament broadcast and some Wisconsin games on tv including pick up by TSN. I think it all likely underscores the organization believing Holloway is ready for the next level and the player himself maybe feeling ready to move on at end of season this year. Not sure that's straight to an Oilers roster but who knows.

Have to laugh how Stauffer has come around on this player after being surprised by the Oilers selection of him and sounding like he was having a meltdown on air in being clearly less than thrilled by it. Reid Wilkins had to jump in to give some professional perspective on the kid. haha. Holloway has made believers in short order out of many non believers and skeptics.

Stauffer really, really wanted us to take Guhle.

He was pumping his tires leading into the draft.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Pierre M on Montreal radio basically says:

- He has been just as good as Cole Caufield.
- Nhl Ready
- He would be shocked if is he is not on the roster to start next year

He also said Price was a mistake for MTL

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
It was a cringe worthy reaction. Simply that. I turned on the radio to get more deets on the pick and he sounded like a sulking kid.

No argument there. He sounded like an idiot that night of the draft to be honest.

I was just saying that he wasn't the only one to flip on Holloway. A whole bunch of folks on this board changed their mind on him from even as recently as a month ago, but that's how it goes with prospects who have a lot of up and down trajectory. I hope these folks don't flip back if he doesn't immediately light it up in the AHL.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
What's up with that Hobey Baker poll? lol. Some dude playing for the army team is running away with it. It's almost like he has an...army...of people voting for him :sarcasm:

The Voting Page for the Hobey Baker Memorial Award

Among guys being voted for in a normal way, Cole Caufield is running away with the lead. Holloway can't compete with that name recognition unfortunately.

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009
What's up with that Hobey Baker poll? lol. Some dude playing for the army team is running away with it. It's almost like he has an...army...of people voting for him :sarcasm:

Among guys being voted for in a normal way, Cole Caufield is running away with the lead. Holloway can't compete with that name recognition unfortunately.

4d8.gif

Reactions: nabob and oobga

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013

I was lurking on the habs board and they started to vote because Caufield at that time was sitting at 2%

Vote early vote often

Reactions: oobga

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
No argument there. He sounded like an idiot that night of the draft to be honest.

I was just saying that he wasn't the only one to flip on Holloway. A whole bunch of folks on this board changed their mind on him from even as recently as a month ago, but that's how it goes with prospects who have a lot of up and down trajectory. I hope these folks don't flip back if he doesn't immediately light it up in the AHL.

Ah ... haha got it.

Fun for us all to have strong, passionate opinions but the internet age can sometimes embolden us to think one's an expert, informed opinion without any basis to support it. Holloway's given us all reason to be bullish on his selection and with chance to see him play this is an easy guy to cheer for (no shortcuts in his well rounded game and highly coachable and dedicated by reports). But always wise to be pragmatic about prospects as history reminds how difficult it is to make and succeed in the NHL.

gordonhught

Feb 18, 2009
Stauffer really, really wanted us to take Guhle.

He was pumping his tires leading into the draft.

guhle would have been a good pick. But I am happy with how Holloway is playing

Seeing how he is playing, he was the right pick

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards

Mail in ballots.

Reactions: Oilhawks

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Holloway with two assists. He has been a dominant force in the 2nd. Stole a puck then was stoned on a breakaway, been driving play in the offensive zone every shift, made a beauty pass to Caufield no the PP that almost resulted in a goal then got the primary assist on the end of the PP.
Also, in the 1st, he jumped some guy who punched his teammate. Love seeing that from him.

Edit: and almost scored on his last shift. I hope somebody puts up a shift by shift video, it's a treat to watch.
And Caufield just scored. The Holloway/Caufield duo has to be the best in college hockey.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad