Prospect Info: 2020 Draft - 1st Pick: Dylan Holloway | SIGNED! ELC Starts 2021-2022 Season | Signs ATO With Bako!

Status
Not open for further replies.

gordonhught

Feb 18, 2009
Holloway-McDavid-Pulju would be the fastest and likely one of the best forechecking lines in hockey.

Those two play a style of game that matches McDavids style of winger best. Not to mention Holloway can do some heavy lifting defensively or in the faceoff circle as needed. Although, McDavid has really improved in that area this year.

I keep forgetting about the face offs - Dylan is pretty good at that

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
I keep forgetting about the face offs - Dylan is pretty good at that
You certainly don't need to be a centre to be good at faceoffs. That would be massive to have a guy able to do that to take some pressure off McDavid if he's having a tough time that day.

Reactions: gordonhught

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC

That was an awesome display. He was in on everything, forechecking hard, scoring a nice goal, nice assist on the PP, creating turnovers, winning faceoffs, protecting the one goal lead late and clearing the zone several times, showing some snarl after the whistle. Love this kid.

I don't think we should put a limit on his potential. He has all the tools to be a top 6 power forward, or a #3 power center (top 6 on a lot of other teams).

Darkwinter

Apr 4, 2010
The question I have? What if holland want's him to overripe and does not bring him up, is there any chance of him walking at the end of his college playing time?

Samus44

Enjoy the ride.
Aug 5, 2010
The question I have? What if holland want's him to overripe and does not bring him up, is there any chance of him walking at the end of his college playing time?

He would have to play multiple years in college to be a UFA, so effectively no. He's also an Alberta boy so I doubt he would have an objection to playing here.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012

Thats definitely a risk, and a risk with any college player. I would think they would sign him this offseason and put him in the AHL next year. Hes dominating the NCAA, so mor eitme there wont help as much as AHL time will

If we left him unsigned all through next year and his senior season (which is when he could go UFA after that). Thatd be very surprising and not wise

Bank Shot

Jan 18, 2006
Thats definitely a risk, and a risk with any college player. I would think they would sign him this offseason and put him in the AHL next year. Hes dominating the NCAA, so mor eitme there wont help as much as AHL time will

If we left him unsigned all through next year and his senior season (which is when he could go UFA after that). Thatd be very surprising and not wise

I'd say that is pretty much only a risk with college players who go unsigned into their 3rd and 4th seasons.

I've yet to see a 20 year old college player turn down an NHL contract to stay in college for an extra two or three seasons.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
I'd say that is pretty much only a risk with college players who go unsigned into their 3rd and 4th seasons.

I've yet to see a 20 year old college player turn down an NHL contract to stay in college for an extra two or three seasons.
Adam fox?

Reactions: Samus44

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
Adam fox?
Being an undersized right shot defenseman I'd argue that was the right career path.

Avoid Calgary/Canada and force a trade to a U.S. team. Then snivel further to sign with the big market Rangers. I'd like to see an equitable rule for prospects completing their junior eligibility and also college. Like holding college rights graduation plus one year.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012

Agreed, but its happened before (dont think it will now though).

He should get signed and play in the AHL next year regardless, so that is why I am not too worried

Reactions: McTonyBrar

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
Still only 2 PIM. Excellent edges, he never needs to clutch and grab or hook his opponents. He needs to level up soon or it will be detrimental to his development.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->