NASCAR: 2021 season starts Feb. 14; [2020 Cup Series/XFINITY Series/Gander RV/Outdoors Truck Series]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
Not only did he crash hard into the wall, he flipped and was hit square on the driver's side window, while upside down. It wasn't like it hit the side of the car which could absorb some impact, the impact was to the driver's window and in the case, up. Just horrible.

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
Not only did he crash hard into the wall, he flipped and was hit square on the driver's side window, while upside down. It wasn't like it hit the side of the car which could absorb some impact, the impact was to the driver's window and in the case, up. Just horrible.

It was bad enough that he hit flush against the wall but that impact he took to the driver's side was horrific. :(

Reactions: Cody Webster

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
Nascar America is supposed to be live on NBCSN right now, but they are showing the top 10 European players. Not sure if it has to do with the race finishing today, or how it finished

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
Nascar America is supposed to be live on NBCSN right now, but they are showing the top 10 European players. Not sure if it has to do with the race finishing today, or how it finished

I read on reddit that NA wasn’t going to air today because the race was delayed and that they tape in the morning for airing at night.

Reactions: Cody Webster

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
I have watched NASCAR racing for a long time.

I hate NASCAR wrecks.

I prefer my races with fewer crashes.

My favorite Talladega race of all-time was a caution-free race with 0 wrecks.

I met Ryan Newman a few years ago. Got a signed card and photo. I also own one of his diecasts.

From my perspective as someone who has watched him race for years and cringes at big NASCAR wrecks, this situation is so scary.

Smoke

~consume enhance replicate~
Aug 2, 2005
PA
I was a huge fan of Ryan when he came up with Penske in the #12 Alltel car. He won a race at Pocono that I attended. Those were the good old days.

I'm hoping for some good news here. Looks like there is going to be an announcement soon.

Press Pass | Official Site Of NASCAR

swimmer77

More PIM's than Points
Jun 22, 2010
in water
I think it is truly a miracle. I thought the worst after seeing that crash live. After hearing he was stable my thoughts turned to the injuries he may have. Looking at the image of him on two feet is amazing. I will say that Ryan Newman is built like a tank. Way to go, Ryan.

And way to go, NASCAR. The safety improvements implemented since Dale Earnhardt's death were certainly tested during that crash.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
NASCAR COVID-19 RESPONSE :

6' buffer for on grid, pit road/and VL; Sounds as if the FOX Grid walk is suspended (sorry Michael), ALSO No fans allowed at driver meetings, which are now open-air settings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad