NCAA: 2020 Coaching Carousel

Sep 19, 2008
Vandy hired some assistant coach from some school I forget. Lot of good things said about that guy.

Sep 19, 2008
Tom Herman did a mediocre job

Texas is expected to compete for championships yearly. Not finish. 500 in irrelevant bowls.

Sep 19, 2008
The problem with Texas is that they set very high expectations. Texas is THE football team in Texas. Texas loves football. 100k crowd stadiums to watch high school football. They act as if they invented college football. Thus the expectations for Texas football are through the roof. They are not supposed to lose to Iowa State or any other Big 12 teams other than OU (and even 2 OU losses may be too much for Texas fan)

That being said I think Sark will be fine there as he has repaired his image since leaving my USC but it depends what they do on D. I think Sark can be fine if he handles offense and allows a bright young mind or experienced individual to handle D. Texas had some of the worst D ever in the country during Herman's tenure. They routinely gave up 40 PPG in Big 12 play.

Reactions: DaveG and Voight

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
Texas has a culture problem more than anything. And Sarkisian is like one of the last coaches to hire if you want to fix that. This should be good.

Reactions: DaveG
Sep 19, 2008
Texas has a culture problem more than anything. And Sarkisian is like one of the last coaches to hire if you want to fix that. This should be good.
The biggest issues with texas are

- unreasonable expectations from boosters and fans

- inability to play defense

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
The biggest issues with texas are

- unreasonable expectations from boosters and fans

- inability to play defense
I don't think Texas fan's expectations are too unreasonable. Their program basically prints money but they haven't had a great team in over a decade. The players are just a bunch of spoiled teenagers who get treated like royalty but have no idea how to respond once they get smacked in the mouth by more dedicated football teams. It started under Mack Brown's last couple of years and hasn't been addressed by any of their coaches since.

Sep 19, 2008
The players are just a bunch of spoiled teenagers who get treated like royalty but have no idea how to respond once they get smacked in the mouth by more dedicated football teams.
One thing Herman did do is renovate the locker room though

Props for modern facilities
iu

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->