2020 Champions League Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Don't we got the replays here and there's no doubt.
Always takes a while in the CL for some reason, EPL puts them up on the screen as they are reviewing it or right after if it was a quick check.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Atalanta betrayed what they were about. They should have never bunkered down.
I agree but give PSG credit for just flat out keeping the ball from them. That in itself is biggest surprise for me.

I didn’t think PSG would be able to find this rhythm having so little real game conditioning since the restart combined with the injuries to key players.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I agree but give PSG credit for just flat out keeping the ball from them. That in itself is biggest surprise for me.

I didn’t think PSG would be able to find this rhythm having so little real game conditioning since the restart combined with the injuries to key players.
PSG were really carried by Neymar early on and weren't putting much together, but they woke up and managed a much more fluid possession game as time went on.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Sounds like I missed an interesting half. As said on the last page, Atalanta should have stayed true to themselves and not bunkered down. A team that often wins games by scoring 3-5 goals should never do that.

The goalscorer of the winning goal isn't that surprising either. It always seems that these bit part players have huge impacts in the most important games. Origi did so last season and now it's Choupo-Moting's turn.

Last edited:

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Sounds like I missed an interesting half. As said on the last page, Atalanta should have stayed true to themselves and not bunkered down. A team that often wins games by scoring 3-5 goals should never do that.
Ajax got burned by sticking to their guns vs. Spurs last year though.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
At least we get to see PSG get blown up by one of the big dogs in the semis. Trash team that would be nothing without their terrorism money paying off FIFA to skirt FFP rules. Same with City.

They'll play either Plastic Leipzig or anti-football Atletico, I guess those teams have some fans, but they're not really big dogs when compared to PSG.

Reactions: Cassano

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
At least we get to see PSG get blown up by one of the big dogs in the semis. Trash team that would be nothing without their terrorism money paying off FIFA to skirt FFP rules. Same with City.
Says fan of club who willingly have their shirt sponsored by UAE.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA

Ignoring the last part because it's stupid, I think you shouldn't hold your breath waiting for them to lose. I think they'll win the competition. In mini-tournaments like this one it always is most important to have one player playing out of their mind. They have that, and they have bit part players who can come in and make a huge unexpected impact. Everyone always falls in love with the idea that the best player or best names on a big team should win every trophy, but in a WC or at a Euros all you need is for one guy to be strong every game, and for two or three guys to have unexpected successes. This is basically the same as one of those two tournaments at this point. They did only win in the last few minutes, but a win is a win. If Neymar plays like he did in the first half again in the SF they definitely won't lose and he will definitely score at least one.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Ignoring the last part because it's stupid, I think you shouldn't hold your breath waiting for them to lose. I think they'll win the competition. In mini-tournaments like this one it always is most important to have one player playing out of their mind. They have that, and they have bit part players who can come in and make a huge unexpected impact. Everyone always falls in love with the idea that the best player or best names on a big team should win every trophy, but in a WC or at a Euros all you need is for one guy to be strong every game, and for two or three guys to have unexpected successes. This is basically the same as one of those two tournaments at this point. They did only win in the last few minutes, but a win is a win. If Neymar plays like he did in the first half again in the SF they definitely won't lose and he will definitely score at least one.
I don't see them beating Atleti. Who have been great for awhile now. They also have to beat City/Munich. I don't see that either.

Fighter

Jan 1, 2004
Trieste, Italy
Didn't he set up the chance for the Neymar vs. the keeper early on?

Worth 70 millions indeed :thumbu:
I repeat, he can be deadly when the rest of the team plays for him, most of the times he is a dead weight. I have a feeling PSG can win it all though and that makes me sick...

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Icardi had a somewhat poor game except for a couple of plays but that's to be expected since he was basicaly all alone. Besides he has been bad since the restart and lacks rythm like most PSG players.
In the mean time, Ligue 1 1st and 7th beat the Serie A 1st and 3rd.

Venkman

Jun 28, 2007
England
Neymar's pass to Mbappe for the winning goal was nice. Marquinhos could play any position and look good.

Atalanta missed Gomez when he went off.

Reactions: Cassano

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
The comments coming out of the Bayern camp are so obnoxious. I almost want Barca to smash them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad