2020 Central Scouting

shot caller

Apr 16, 2018
https://nhl.bamcontent.com/images/assets/binary/309837384/binary-file/file.pdf

Who's too high? too low? should be on the list but isn't?

My notable omissions are Reid Valade, James Hardie, Cam Tolnai, Aidan Prueter
I agree 100% with you that’s Reid Valade is a glaring omission.
Looking at this list though... wow. I cannot believe how low Jaromir Pytlik is ranked as a B prospect but Antonio Stranges or JL Foudy is showing as an A prospect. I find it difficult to see either taken higher than him.

Even Ryan O’Rourke puzzles me a bit. I sincerely believe he goes in the first round as well.

I understand I will take some ribbing for being biased but my shock is not based on bias. My shock is based on watching both players game in and game out and comparing them to hounds of the past that have either been a bust or an impact selection.
I just can’t see it.

Reactions: hockeynorth

MatthewsMoustache

Jul 2, 2018
I agree 100% with you that’s Reid Valade is a glaring omission.
Looking at this list though... wow. I cannot believe how low Jaromir Pytlik is ranked as a B prospect but Antonio Stranges or JL Foudy is showing as an A prospect. I find it difficult to see either taken higher than him.

Even Ryan O’Rourke puzzles me a bit. I sincerely believe he goes in the first round as well.

I understand I will take some ribbing for being biased but my shock is not based on bias. My shock is based on watching both players game in and game out and comparing them to hounds of the past that have either been a bust or an impact selection.
I just can’t see it.

I thought for sure Pytlik would be an A and O’Rourke would be at least close.

the Knights got the benefit of the doubt on Keane, Evangelista and Winslow. I don’t think any of them will get drafted.

all in all I’m disappointed with this list

OSA

Jun 11, 2011
Had the 67’s traded Tolnai last year, they very well may have won the OHL with the player he returned. And for Tolnai, maybe he would have taken the opportunity to develop a lot lore than he was able to and perhaps not be in this scenario of being unranked for the draft.

Last edited:

Friendly Fan

Mar 27, 2009
The Elites will remain but most of the Cs and some Bs will be displaced once mid term rankings are revealed. JMO

Over 98% of the kids on the list are going into their 1st year of eligibility and only a few 01 (non late birthdays )are noted on the list. This will change as history has shown that alot of teams are looking at 2nd and 3rd year eligible players.

Reactions: LDN

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->