WJC: 2020 Canada Roster Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpoolCat

Mar 1, 2016
Just think the 2013 team had Jordan Binnington on it but instead we got a whole bunch of Subban because he was the next anointed starter. Stupid Steve Spott:sarcasm:

Get North

Aug 25, 2013
B.C.
Some pretty interesting names, Focht, Burzan, McBain, Laferriere. First two are undrafted, although they should be drafted. Looks like they are giving these big kids a shot to see if they can play. Barron and Schneider are good picks, if they shine well they should get a chance to play just like Byram. Same year, just not drafted. The rest of the defencemen seem alright, Bahl is the only slug, the rest are mobile.

Gold Standard

Sep 7, 2018
some obscure names the Hunter brothers and scouts pulled out of the hat.

I'll check in on the results, but am more interested in the Hlinka tournament and Byfield this year. wondering if he can challenge Lafreniere next year for 1OA.

Reactions: Dominance

AB13

Apr 29, 2019

I'll check in on the results, but am more interested in the Hlinka tournament and Byfield this year. wondering if he can challenge Lafreniere next year for 1OA.

Would be surprising, Raymond, Holtz, Lundell and Gunler also look better than Byfield in my eyes

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
My roster

Forwards:
Alexis Lafreniere
Raphael Lavoie
Gabriel Fortier
Barrett Hayton
Nathan Legare
Jakob Pelletier
Ty Dellandrea
Joseph Veleno
Dylan Cozens
Peyton Krebs
Serron Noel
Liam Foudy
Kirby Dach

Defensemen:
Jacob Bernard-Docker
Calen Addison
Jared McIsaac
Bowen Byram
Noah Dobson
Ty Smith
Jett Woo

Goaltenders:
Olivier Rodrigue
Alexis Gravel/Colten Ellis

Kevin Bahl will be on this team I guarantee it, he should have been there last year. He is an absolute horse, eats minutes and covers huge amounts of ice. Was the 67's best player all year, great fist pass amazing skater and great shut down ability.

cg98

Oct 10, 2017
Kevin Bahl will be on this team I guarantee it, he should have been there last year. He is an absolute horse, eats minutes and covers huge amounts of ice. Was the 67's best player all year, great fist pass amazing skater and great shut down ability.
Depends on whose available and whose not. Id take Barron and Schneider over Bahl at the moment. We'll see how Bahl does first tho.

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com

He absolutely can challenge for 1. Kid is dynamite and plays C.

TheGoldenJet

Apr 2, 2008
Coquitlam, BC
Picking the right starting goaltender is going to be key this year.

Colten Ellis would be my pick right now. He had the best playoffs of them all and had the best season too (arguably tied with Gravel). Colten is a legitimate 6’1” per combine measurement so is big enough for the NHL (and therefore easily big enough for the WJC), is technically sound, and lightning fast to boot. Unless one of the others takes significant strides in the first two months of the season and Ellis stagnates/regressed, I’d feel most comfortable with him between the pipes.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Picking the right starting goaltender is going to be key this year.

Colten Ellis would be my pick right now. He had the best playoffs of them all and had the best season too (arguably tied with Gravel). Colten is a legitimate 6’1” per combine measurement so is big enough for the NHL (and therefore easily big enough for the WJC), is technically sound, and lightning fast to boot. Unless one of the others takes significant strides in the first two months of the season and Ellis stagnates/regressed, I’d feel most comfortable with him between the pipes.

It seems pretty wide open to me this year. Canada's been spoiled (relative to recent history) these last few years. I wouldn't be against having the first Cape Bretoner make a WJC team though, provided he is playing well come December.

Oleksiak

Jun 12, 2019
Victoria, BC
Byram might make the Colorado roster next year, not good.
Even if he does make the NHL, there's still the chance of him getting lent out. Even if he sticks and can't go, the defense is league's better than the abomination we iced last year, and will be coached competently this time around. More worried about Hayton to be honest.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Even if he does make the NHL, there's still the chance of him getting lent out. Even if he sticks and can't go, the defense is league's better than the abomination we iced last year, and will be coached competently this time around. More worried about Hayton to be honest.
Theres a chance he could get loaned out sure, but if he is playing even average competently he most likely won't.

As for the defense being better then last years unit, we don't know that yet but losing Byram won't help.

Oleksiak

Jun 12, 2019
Victoria, BC
Theres a chance he could get loaned out sure, but if he is playing even average competently he most likely won't.

As for the defense being better then last years unit, we don't know that yet but losing Byram won't help.
More shut-down guys in the mix this year, and the Hunters wont repeat the fiasco of last year when Tim Hunter ignored handedness and iced a group full of guys who struggled in their own end, without even bringing someone who could babysit Bouchard.

Noah Dobson
Jacob Bernard-Docker
Jett Woo
Calen Addison
Jared McIsaac
Ty Smith
Kevin Bahl

Much better balanced group and our best guy from last year is coming back, barring the Islanders doing something stupid with his development. Not having a pylon in Bouchard is a massive upgrade via subtraction.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
More shut-down guys in the mix this year, and the Hunters wont repeat the fiasco of last year when Tim Hunter ignored handedness and iced a group full of guys who struggled in their own end, without even bringing someone who could babysit Bouchard.

Noah Dobson
Jacob Bernard-Docker
Jett Woo
Calen Addison
Jared McIsaac
Ty Smith
Kevin Bahl

Much better balanced group and our best guy from last year is coming back, barring the Islanders doing something stupid with his development. Not having a pylon in Bouchard is a massive upgrade via subtraction.
Good post, hope you are right about our mix this year.

On Bouchard, so disappointed in that guy last year, he was really God awful . But then, there really wasn't any of them that were very good, not even Dobson imo, he was......................o.k., at times.

I thought the whole group played mostly like horseshit.

Reactions: Oleksiak
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->