2020 BioSteel All-American Game (Jan. 20th in Plymouth, MI)

JMCx4

Censorship is the Sincerest Form of Flattery
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
From: The United States Hockey League > News > USHL News > Top Story
2020 BioSteel All-American Game Announced
10/17/2019, 12:45pm CDT
By USHL
Event Held at USA Hockey Arena on January 20, 2020

The United States Hockey League, in conjunction with USA Hockey and the NHL, announced Wednesday the 2020 BioSteel All-American Game which will be held at 7 p.m. ET on Monday, January 20, 2020 at USA Hockey Arena in Plymouth, Mich. ...

New this season, the USA Hockey National Team Development Program (NTDP) Under-18 team, which is one of the USHL’s 16 Member Clubs and plays a full 62-game schedule in the USHL, will square off against the top NHL Draft-eligible players from the USHL, the only Tier I junior league in the United States. This new event is a combination of two previous events, the USHL/NHL Top Prospects Game and the All-American Game hosted by USA Hockey. The event aims to be a showcase of the best NHL Draft-eligible players currently playing in the United States and is a great event for NHL scouts to witness the best talent the United States has to offer before the 2020 NHL Draft in June. ...

Final rosters, coaches, and on-ice officials for the BioSteel All-American Game will be named at a later date. For more information about the game, click HERE.

Tickets for the BioSteel All-American Game will go on sale to the general public at 10 a.m. ET on October 25 at USA Hockey Arena’s box office or online HERE.

Read more at: 2020 BioSteel All-American Game Announced

Whalers Fan

Go Habs!
Sep 24, 2012
Plymouth, MI
USA Hockey is offering discounted seats for this event through this Sunday to NTDP season ticket holders -- the box office called me yesterday. I reserved our two seats for the event. I doubt it will be a big attendance draw on a Monday night, though -- even on a holiday (Martin Luther King Day).

JMCx4

Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
USA Hockey is offering discounted seats for this event through this Sunday to NTDP season ticket holders -- the box office called me yesterday. I reserved our two seats for the event. I doubt it will be a big attendance draw on a Monday night, though -- even on a holiday (Martin Luther King Day).
When it's 2 weeks before the showcase & they've sold all of 100 seats, your STH discounts may not seem like such a bargain while they're handing out free tickets at the local schools. But hopefully you've secured a prime viewing location. :popcorn:

Whalers Fan

Go Habs!
Sep 24, 2012
Plymouth, MI
When it's 2 weeks before the showcase & they've sold all of 100 seats, your STH discounts may not seem like such a bargain while they're handing out free tickets at the local schools. But hopefully you've secured a prime viewing location. :popcorn:

Yes, our season ticket seats are at center ice. :thumbu: Tickets for this event only cost me $12 each, so it's still quite cheap and about the same as going to a movie.

The organization really hasn't been giving away tickets locally since relocating here to Plymouth from Ann Arbor. We would actually like them to start doing that -- maybe it would get more people in the arena. Attendance is much lower than when the Plymouth Whalers (OHL) played here, except for a few special events. Of course, it's higher for the NTDP compared with when they were in the tiny Ice Cube arena in Ann Arbor, so it's all relative.

Last edited:
Reactions: JMCx4

JMCx4

Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
2020 BioSteel All-American Game Team USHL Roster Revealed
12/27/2019, 2:45pm CST
By USHL

20-Man Roster Filled Entirely of Active USHL Players

The USHL and USA Hockey announced Friday the rosters for the inaugural 2020 BioSteel All-American Game set to be played at 7 p.m. ET on Monday, January 20, 2020 at USA Hockey Arena in Plymouth, Mich.

Team USHL features 20 current USHL players, representing eight of the USHL’s Member Clubs. The roster will take on the USA Hockey National Team Development Program (NTDP) Under-18 Team, one of the USHL’s 16 Member Clubs, in a showcase of the best NHL Draft-eligible players currently playing in the United States.

The Chicago Steel lead the way with five players on the Team USHL roster, including defenseman Luke Reid and forwards Brendan Brisson, Sam Colangelo, Sean Farrell, and Gunnarwolfe Fontaine. The Waterloo Black Hawks have the next most with four (goalie Logan Stein, forward Patrick Guzzo, forward Ryder Rolston, forward Wyatt Schingoethe) while the Cedar Rapids RoughRiders, Des Moines Buccaneers, Dubuque Fighting Saints, Muskegon Lumberjacks and Tri-City Storm have two players on the roster and the Madison Capitols are represented by forward Carson Bantle.

The roster features 15 players listed on the latest rankings from NHL Central Scouting ahead of the 2020 NHL Draft. Among them are four B-rated skaters: Colangelo, Reid, Rolston and Tri-City Storm defenseman Mitch Miller. There are also 11 C-rated skaters: Bantle, Brisson, Farrel, Guzzo, and Schingoethe as well as defensemen Noah Ellis (Des Moines), Hank Kempf (Muskegon), and Ben Meehan (Cedar Rapids) as well as forwards Ryan Beck (Dubuque), Nick Capone (Tri-City) and Alex Laferriere (Des Moines). Team USHL is rounded out by goaltender Aidan McCarthy (Dubuque), defenseman Alex Gagne (Cedar Rapids) and forward Alex Gaffney (Muskegon).

The roster is composed of two goaltenders, six defensemen and 12 forwards with 18 of the 20 players committed to NCAA Division I teams across five conferences (Hockey East – 6, ECAC – 4, Big Ten – 3, NCHC – 3, WCHA – 2) and 13 schools (3 – Harvard University; 2 – Northeastern University, University of Denver, University of Michigan; 1 – Cornell University, Ferris State University, Michigan Tech University, University of Connecticut, University of Massachusetts, University of Massachusetts-Lowell, University of New Hampshire, University of North Dakota, University of Notre Dame).

The NTDP U-18 roster will be the same as the team that takes the ice as part of a full USHL 62-game schedule including goaltenders Drew Commesso and Noah Grannan, defensemen Brock Faber, Owen Gallatin, Connor Kelley, Tyler Kleven, Daniel Laatsch, Eamon Powell, Jake Sanderson, and Jacob Truscott, while the forward group consists of Matthew Beniers, Brett Berard, Thomas Bordeleau, Daniyal Dzhaniyev, Zakary Karpa, Tanner Latsch, Hunter McKown, Dylan Peterson, Landon Slaggert, Ty Smilanic, Hunter Strand, Luke Tuch, and Chase Yoder. ...

Read more & Full Roster List at: 2020 BioSteel All-American Game Team USHL Roster Revealed

Whalers Fan

Go Habs!
Sep 24, 2012
Plymouth, MI
Just got back from the game. The first period was pretty entertaining, bu the final two periods dragged a little. Team USA (aka Team Knuble) won the game rather easily 6-1 over "Team Gomez" (aka the USHL All-Star team). There were a crap-load of scouts in the building -- they may have outnumbered the fans. The most annoying thing was the game was broadcast on the NHL Network, and we had to endure normal "NHL TV" type of commercial timeouts. The game dragged because of that -- we normally have no TV timeouts, which is refreshing compared with major sporting events. The network also had a huge truck with a satellite dish parked right behind the building, blocking the parking spots I usually use for a quick exit from the parking lot.

Damn TV. ;)

Reactions: JMCx4

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad