2020 All-Star Week

rohky

Jun 17, 2019
Reading
#99 is going to play in Moscow. The official website of the FONBET 2020 All-Star Week announced the results of the fans' vote to select 12 players for KHL All-Star Game. 22-year-old Dinamo Minsk forward Vyacheslav Gretsky has swept to the top of the fan poll in the Tarasov Division despite making the first of his seven KHL appearances this season.

https://en.khl.ru/news/2019/12/02/460401.html

Toro2017

Sep 14, 2017
Should KHL take more nationalistic approach for all-stars games? Instead of skills competitions they could play the whole weekend with six "national" teams.

Group A
Russia
Kazakstan
China

Group B
Finland
Latvia
Belarussia

Friday:
Rus-Kaz
Fin-Lat
Kaz-Chi

Saturday:
Lat-Blr
Chi-Rus
Blr-Fin

Sunday:
Semifinal1 (A1-B2)
Semifinal2 (B1-A2)
Final (winner of semifinal1-winner of semifinal2)

Or they could go with Russia, Canada, USA, Finland, Sweden and Czechia, if there is enough players in KHL for each country.

Edit. Games would be like 2x10 min and 3 vs. 3

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
It being primarily the Russian league I don't see this happening. How many people have any interest in seeing Kazakhstan - China play each other? And who would play for China at all?

They could go back to Russia vs. the World sort of thing because it would certainly be interesting to the people but frankly, I think they don't do that to avoid the possibility of Russia losing.

Toro2017

Sep 14, 2017
How many people have any interest in seeing Kazakhstan - China play each other?

Kazakstan - China game would be one game of six games and it would take only 2x10 min, so I dont think it would make people not wanting to watch the other matches. And if we think this from kazakstanian and chinese customers point of view, would they rather watch that game or watch some skills competition between russian hockey stars?

And who would play for China at all?

Since this would be kind of a all-star event, those national teams does not have to be official teams and so every KHL (VHL or MHL) players that has some distant relatives/roots in China, could represent China in this event. And if there is still not enough players, then China could be replaced by another nation or region. North America (as a whole), Canada, Sweden, Team Europe/World (except Russia, Finland, Latvia, Kazakstan and Belarussia) or some other team.

They could go back to Russia vs. the World sort of thing because it would certainly be interesting to the people but frankly, I think they don't do that to avoid the possibility of Russia losing.

It being primarily the Russian league I don't see this happening.

Ofcourse that could be the reason, but if Russians will be banned for years in international sports, then there might be some interest for this kind of a competition to underline that Russia is still able to host "international" games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad