Prospect Info: 2020 93rd Overall Pick | D Jack Thompson

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
A second-round pick, 30th overall, in the 2018 OHL Draft, Sudbury Wolves defenceman Jack Thompson has seen his offensive game take off in his second year in the Ontario Hockey League. After scoring six goals and 10 assists for 16 points in 52 games as an OHL rookie, he put up 13 goals and 19 assists for 32 points in 63 games before the COVID-19 shutdown this year. The breakout seemed to start in the 2019 OHL Playoffs when he scored one goal and four assists for five points in eight games. Thompson saw increased ice time in his second year in the league. He has thrived with this added responsibility including time on the power play and playing against the opposition’s top forward lines.

Thompson also played for Team Canada Red at the Under 17 World Hockey Challenge last year, setting himself up to compete for spots on international teams going forward. He also played in the CHL Top Prospects game, playing for Team White in a 5-2 win. The Courtice, Ontario native grew up playing his junior hockey for the Clarington Toros in the ETAHL. In 2017-18, he scored 17 goals and 21 assists for 38 points in 36 games.

https://lastwordonsports.com/hockey/2020/06/07/jack-thompson-scouting-report/

WaW

Armchair Assistant Coffee Gofer for the GM
Mar 18, 2017
You guys got a steal here. Should've gone in the late 2nd round. So much upside on both sides of the puck and he led all OHL draft eligible dmen in goals. Has an absolute rocket of a shot from the point.

TheFurryPickle

Mar 9, 2019
Subbed as he has a normal name. And I will need a new RHD to puff about if these cowards dont re sign Rutta.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ

“He came in to a team two years ago that had some older defencemen and he was in and out of the lineup, but he battled through it,” Stillman said. “He’s a kid, and you can see it in his face, who loves coming to the rink, who wants to play, who wants to be the best. As he gets bigger and stronger, I think you saw improvements from the first year to the second, and I think you’re going to see even more this year. With what is happening in the world today, the extra little bit for him to be in the gym, I think that strength is going to help his overall game, and when he comes in to play this year, I think you’re going to see even bigger strides and more improvement and a guy who has confidence, who knows the game and who will excel.”

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad