Prospect Info: Jan Mysak

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
I find it odd that he lived alone. You would think they would have doubled up rookies like him with a veteran player or a family taking him in as a billet or something. Will also be interesting to see what kind of numbers he can put up in the OHL next season as I believe he has to go back unless he makes the Habs.

Reactions: CristianoRonaldo

TesseractPrice

Aug 1, 2019
I find it odd that he lived alone. You would think they would have doubled up rookies like him with a veteran player or a family taking him in as a billet or something. Will also be interesting to see what kind of numbers he can put up in the OHL next season as I believe he has to go back unless he makes the Habs.

I guess the current situation made it pretty hard. I'm sure it would've happened 2 years ago

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
He had a good year. Showed a lot of promise. Looking forward to see what this kid can do in the OHL next year.

He should be at the WJC again in 2022.

He's got another big year ahead of him. Hoping to see him get stronger and faster.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Very mature for his age...evidently he asked alot of questions, worked very hard and actually played well. One of the few teenagers Bouchard trusted with a regular shift.

I see at best a 3rd liner...I don't think he will develop offensive skills worthy of top 6 minutes.

tooji

Nov 24, 2015
I kinda like the idea of accelerating development by playing in the best league you can. It’s not like the NHL where there is intense pressure to win. We have the opportunity to put them in situations to help their development in the A.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Hopefully he plays junior and Hillis gets more focus/icetime on development.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Very mature for his age...evidently he asked alot of questions, worked very hard and actually played well. One of the few teenagers Bouchard trusted with a regular shift.

I see at best a 3rd liner...I don't think he will develop offensive skills worthy of top 6 minutes.

As a C I don't think he can be a top 6 guy. I haven't seen the creativity/playmaking you'd want to see from a potential top 6 C.

As a W...a bit of a different story. He's got an excellent shot. Solid mitts. His skating is a bit of a mixed bag but he seems to get his fair share of breakaways and odd man rushes. Hopefully he can work on that big time. Not a lock as a top 6 guy but there's enough there where it's still possible as a winger imo.

Reactions: bopeep and Tyson

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
he should be in the OHL, he needs to get stronger and add mass, he was easily pushed around last year in Laval as expected.

He had 2 asssits today vs the Swiss U-20 team. So 5 pts in 3 games though the hattrick came against the Finland U-19.

Reactions: Redux91

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
As I thought, Timmins says they expect Mysak to play in Hamilton, not Laval,

I saw that the AHL is going to allow guys like Ridley Grieg to play next year, right..instead of going back to junior?
TT: Yeah… (Jan) Mysak would qualify for that.
GM: I was going to say…so do you figure he’s going back to Hamilton or what?
TT: I’m pretty sure he’ll be in Hamilton. So don’t expect him in Laval.
GM: Well, he could use another year of junior.
TT: Yeah.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Both options are fine but I do prefer seeing him back in the OHL, where he'll be able to put up a ton of points. It's a bit early in his development to cage him into a certain style IMO, it's good to let him figure himself out a bit more vs his own age group.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->