Prospect Info: Jan Mysak

Status
Not open for further replies.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
A couple good rushes. He's got a nasty shot. Flashes some good mitts. Not too sure if there's high end offense there but I think he's a NHLer. He's 18, playing C where I don't know if he's best suited and doesn't have the best teammates. Could be a really good complementary player on a top 6. That wouldn't be bad at all.

Would be amazing if he had a huge leap next year like Caufield did this year where he grows his game and really improves the skating.

he looks like a safe bet to be an NHLer, i also don't know about the offensive upside, we'll see. I don't have any issues with the skating, he needs to add mass and strength in a big way though.

if he ends up a solid 3rd liner then i'll be happy. so far it's looking to me that Timmins and his staff opted to go the safer route this past draft class with the likes of Guhle, Tuch, Mysak as guys that all 3 could easily end up NHLers but just how good is the question, especially for each the big question is how good is the offensive upside.

Sagikev

Chadstudsky
Sep 16, 2018
A couple good rushes. He's got a nasty shot. Flashes some good mitts. Not too sure if there's high end offense there but I think he's a NHLer. He's 18, playing C where I don't know if he's best suited and doesn't have the best teammates. Could be a really good complementary player on a top 6. That wouldn't be bad at all.

Would be amazing if he had a huge leap next year like Caufield did this year where he grows his game and really improves the skating.
Fair assessment. If he ends up in the same mold as a Lekhy type of player, but with better offense, I think he'd be a great complementary top 6 guy. Not a legit top 6 player in terms of talent, but he's the kind of guy who's willing to do the dirty work and is intelligent enough to follow the talented player.

This is why I love Lehky, he's a great complementary player, we need these guys. Everyone loves playing with him for a reason, even tho he has terrible luck and a terrible shot in the NHL.

Reactions: angusyoung

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Fair assessment. If he ends up in the same mold as a Lekhy type of player, but with better offense, I think he'd be a great complementary top 6 guy. Not a legit top 6 player in terms of talent, but he's the kind of guy who's willing to do the dirty work and is intelligent enough to follow the talented player.

This is why I love Lehky, he's a great complementary player, we need these guys. Everyone loves playing with him for a reason, even tho he has terrible luck and a terrible shot in the NHL.

When you have trouble finishing over and over, I think it's more than luck.

We ith him, though it seems he's just not a finisher, it also makes be mental. I don't like is reactions when he misses chances. Too much frustration, looking skyward, etc... instead of complaining about missing ( or any type of poor me, life sucks, comolaining, etc...) he needs to spend his energy breaking down why he's missing and put his energy to correcting the problem - to breaking down his he can improve his fakes, his body positioning, etc...

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017

We ith him, though it seems he's just not a finisher, it also makes be mental. I don't like is reactions when he misses chances. Too much frustration, looking skyward, etc... instead of complaining about missing ( or any type of poor me, life sucks, comolaining, etc...) he needs to spend his energy breaking down why he's missing and put his energy to correcting the problem - to breaking down his he can improve his fakes, his body positioning, etc...

How can a guy with his goal records not be a finisher?

Sagikev

Chadstudsky
Sep 16, 2018

I did say he has a terrible shot lol but I also think he has terrible luck, bounces rarely ever go for him, and paired with his bad shot... Well let's just say he could score more lol

Supersonic

May 27, 2013
Ontario
I can see the style comparison to Lehky but I would note that with 5 mins left and the Czech’s pulled the goalie and then again with 2 minutes left both times Mysak was running the offensive zone from the half wall.

He was driving their offense, even if they were unable to score, they were sorely outmatched with Canada but good to see for him I thought

HabsForHire

"Expect the unexpected"
Sep 21, 2011
CT
I can see the style comparison to Lehky but I would note that with 5 mins left and the Czech’s pulled the goalie and then again with 2 minutes left both times Mysak was running the offensive zone from the half wall.

He was driving their offense, even if they were unable to score, they were sorely outmatched with Canada but good to see for him I thought
I agree, Mysak definitely reminds me of lehky but with much more offensive ceilling

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
I thought Mysak was Czeck best player. Really impressed by him. Skates well, wins faceoffs, smart. I see a 2 way 50 point center.

Game was closer than scores indicates. Cze out shot us, out played us as game went on. Says a lot about Mysak. I am higher on him than Guhle or Caufield.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I thought Mysak was Czeck best player. Really impressed by him. Skates well, wins faceoffs, smart. I see a 2 way 50 point center.

Game was closer than scores indicates. Cze out shot us, out played us as game went on. Says a lot about Mysak. I am higher on him than Guhle or Caufield.

Bold statement... You like Mysak more than Guhle and Caufield. Hope your right cause that would mean we got 3 good ones

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Interesting... Captain at age 18 this year for his country. He should be a force next year at 19

He and Guhle are both eligible for next year's WJC. And you expect that they'd both have increased roles, even if Mysak was captain this year at 18, as you mentioned, his role will most likely increase even more next year.

Reactions: Habs Halifax

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
He and Guhle are both eligible for next year's WJC. And you expect that they'd both have increased roles, even if Mysak was captain this year at 18, as you mentioned, his role will most likely increase even more next year.

Tuch and Struble should make it next year at age 19 I would imagine. 4 guys at age 19 next year is the probability. Unless we hit on another 18 year old guy in the next draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->