Prospect Info: Jan Mysak

Status
Not open for further replies.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Im maybe wrong. Someone could tell me, but these euro league SHL,czech, liiga... arent developpement league so the management will prefer to give icetime to older player because they want to win and not necessarly developp young players. Am i wrong?

he's getting time though and even some PP and PK. For the most part he's played well in a weak league but the points just haven't come and his team is 2nd worst in the league with just 29 goals in 15 games.

for reference Reway who was 19 was over a ppg in 34 games and at that point he was leading the league in scoring. So it just shows what Reway could have been as he and his coach did not get along and he still was ripping it up.

Mysak plays a much more complete game and he's created things often in the games i've seen but they are just so boring since his team never scores that it can be tough to watch.

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
he's getting time though and even some PP and PK. For the most part he's played well in a weak league but the points just haven't come and his team is 2nd worst in the league with just 29 goals in 15 games.

for reference Reway who was 19 was over a ppg in 34 games and at that point he was leading the league in scoring. So it just shows what Reway could have been as he and his coach did not get along and he still was ripping it up.

Mysak plays a much more complete game and he's created things often in the games i've seen but they are just so boring since his team never scores that it can be tough to watch.

Attitude aside, Reway was one of my absolute favorite prospects to follow. Skilled player and he loooved representing that Slovak national team.

He really could have been something if he didn't have those heart issues, I'm happy to see that he's playing again this season

Toligwen

Jan 5, 2019
Actually surprised there was no talk about him in 3 weeks and had to make use of the search panel :laugh:
Mysak just got a PPG midway through first against Sweden at WJC, and was inches to get an assist minutes later as the puck sticked to the post (it may have actually been in but on-ice call was no goal, and the decision has not been overturned)

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
This kid is very good.

He will be in conversation for our most promising prospect very shortly.

I didn't get to watch last night. Did he really look better than Caufield did against Russia?

I saw him against Sweden. Besides the goal (and the assist that should've counted) I thought he was solid but unspectacular. Was he better last night?

Anyone wanna describe how he played last night?

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
I didn't get to watch last night. Did he really look better than Caufield did against Russia?

I saw him against Sweden. Besides the goal (and the assist that should've counted) I thought he was solid but unspectacular. Was he better last night?

Anyone wanna describe how he played last night?

He is tenacious and smart defensively. He's a very complete player.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
He is tenacious and smart defensively. He's a very complete player.

How's the offense? I think that's where I have question marks. I think he can make it as a bottom 6er with his D at least. I just don't know if he has that true top 6 upside which we could still use.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
How's the offense? I think that's where I have question marks. I think he can make it as a bottom 6er with his D at least. I just don't know if he has that true top 6 upside which we could still use.

I think it's a bit too early to know. Signs are there. Guys like Pleks and Danault didn't show offense at this age but had the defensive chops.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012

in case it gets buried in the wjc thread

A couple good rushes. He's got a nasty shot. Flashes some good mitts. Not too sure if there's high end offense there but I think he's a NHLer. He's 18, playing C where I don't know if he's best suited and doesn't have the best teammates. Could be a really good complementary player on a top 6. That wouldn't be bad at all.

Would be amazing if he had a huge leap next year like Caufield did this year where he grows his game and really improves the skating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad