Prospect Info: Luke Tuch

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
He has exceeded expectations. The Athletic just did a nice piece on him. His college coach raves about him and compares him to Brady Tkachuk, which is pure hyperbole but nevertheless nice to hear he can at least play that style.
The nice thing is we have a kid with some size. So many of today's players are all based on skill and no grit. This kid has both, along with his size. Just let him marinate in college for a while. No rushing these kids.

Reactions: Habs Halifax

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
What? He never said either of those two things. ...

I for one would love him as a gm...
McGuire? Ya he said that, wanted to trade Subban in his prime for the Yakupov pick. He has as many horrible takes as good takes he just doesn’t bring it up ever again.

Reactions: WinterLion

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
there's just something about his straight line skating that I think needs work, but he makes really good turns. I was a terrible skater (didn't start till I was 13) so i'm not great at judging the finer details of skating.

GammaAway

Jun 24, 2020
Post-draft, he has no tweets and 2 instagram posts. That's the kind of attitude you expect from a Bergevin player :sarcasm:

Reactions: Sagikev

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
McGuire? Ya he said that, wanted to trade Subban in his prime for the Yakupov pick. He has as many horrible takes as good takes he just doesn’t bring it up ever again.
That’s not what McGuire said at all. He said just prior & repeated again at 2012 draft broadcast, if he was Edm he would offer #1 overall pick to Habs for Subban.

Reactions: Sterling Archer

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
Josh Anderson has elite speed, Tuch never will - watched him play lots of prep school, I think he needs 3-years at NCAA but he’ll be good & nasty
Anderson without the straight line speed would not be a top 6 player. I don't see Tuch being one either, but he does enough things right that is fine.

crosbyshow

Aug 25, 2017
Anderson without the straight line speed would not be a top 6 player. I don't see Tuch being one either, but he does enough things right that is fine.

I think that even with his speed Anderson is barely a top 6 player.

A top 9 in a stacked team.

Anderson is big, strong and fast and a good wrist shot.

But

He has no vision whatsoever and he has not good hands in tight areas.

He is about a 25-15 player ( 40 points)

I love him btw and we clearly need player like that but too often this season he had open teammates with easy pass to do and he was face down all the time driving the net sometimes for nothing...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad