Waived: 2020-21 Waivers Thread

Mike Jones

Apr 12, 2007
Calgary
Looks more like Anaheim did not want to lose Djoos. The Ducks were making some temporary moves to maximize the Kesler LTIR relief and likely would have recalled Djoos on day 1 of the season had he gone unclaimed.
They could trade for him couldn't they?

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
Djoos can only be traded if Detroit was the only team to put a waiver claim in on him.

You sure about that? I thought the rule was something like the ducks would have some sort of waiver priority if Detroit waived him and nobody else had put a claim the first time. Or the ducks could take him and send him down or something.

I don't know of any trade restrictions on waived players, but I've definitely been unaware of this type of thing before.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
You sure about that? I thought the rule was something like the ducks would have some sort of waiver priority if Detroit waived him and nobody else had put a claim the first time. Or the ducks could take him and send him down or something.

I don't know of any trade restrictions on waived players, but I've definitely been unaware of this type of thing before.

Any player claimed on waivers cannot be traded for the rest of the season unless:
- (a) Only one team (Detroit) submitted a claim. or
- (b) If multiple teams submitted claims then the successfully claiming team (Detroit) must offer the player for "free" to all of those teams that submitted claims and be turned down by them. Note "free" is the waiver claim fee of $100 to ~$60,000 depending on player experience.

There is no waiver priority for the Ducks or any team that lost a player on waivers--one of those myths that never dies on HFB. If Djoos is waived again (by Detroit) and the Ducks are the only team to submit a claim then they have the option of sending Djoos to the AHL without having to clear waivers again.

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
Ho-Sang for sure I wonder if he will be claimed.
Lingren in the group of 10 #3 goalies you wonder if NJD will claim.
Juulsen could be a 6/7 D claim guy.

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
Any player claimed on waivers cannot be traded for the rest of the season unless:
- (b) If multiple teams submitted claims then the successfully claiming team (Detroit) must offer the player for "free" to all of those teams that submitted claims and be turned down by them. Note "free" is the waiver claim fee of $100 to ~$60,000 depending on player experience.

There is no waiver priority for the Ducks or any team that lost a player on waivers--one of those myths that never dies on HFB. If Djoos is waived again (by Detroit) and the Ducks are the only team to submit a claim then they have the option of sending Djoos to the AHL without having to clear waivers again.
I thought the options to claim and send right down to the minors only lasts like 4 weeks or something.

bobbyb2009

Sep 3, 2009
Is it my imagination or are there not some serviceable bottom roster players on waivers today?

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
No one's going to take Imama, but I wonder if Brickley will garner any interest. Probably not, but he was relatively promising for a bit.

crazyforhockey

Jul 31, 2007

Normal year you would be 100% correct
The team picking up a waiver player, must put the player on the 23 active roster,
if they decide to waive the player to the practice squad, the orginal team can get first dibs--- this season only

That's what I heard

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad