Waived: 2020-21 Waivers Thread

attackfan71

Dec 2, 2012
owen sound ont.
Vancouver is beginning to piss me off lol. They can keep vesey but Boyd was great fourth liner and type of depth we need for playoffs. Hate seeing him picked up. But he will probably play third line minutes and get great opportunity there.

Knies iT

Mar 6, 2015
Toronto’s depth is overrated and slow yet every waiver player gets scooped.

Vancouver filling out their team with TOR’s taxi squad.

Lupuls Grit

Oct 12, 2018
Orillia
Vancouver is beginning to piss me off lol. They can keep vesey but Boyd was great fourth liner and type of depth we need for playoffs. Hate seeing him picked up. But he will probably play third line minutes and get great opportunity there.
The Canucks will gladly trade you Brandon Sutter for a third round pick...

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario
Best waiver pick up ever has to be Steve Sullivan by Chicago from yes again Toronto!
Hey,
For as much hate as Leafs fans get thinking every other team wants our spare parts, the Leafs have the most waiver claims against in the League in the past three years, with seven guys! The next closest team is Winnipeg with 5, and that's counting Comrie being claimed from them twice.
:laugh:

attackfan71

Dec 2, 2012
owen sound ont.
The Canucks will gladly trade you Brandon Sutter for a third round pick...
I said I was pissed cause they are taking our depth doesn’t mean we want Bennings mistakes. Sutter is probably good depth but. Those guys come at a league minimum. Not the 4 million cap hit. But it’s probably good news for Boyd cause benning will sign him for 3 years at 3 mil and think he is getting a deal after sutter contract is done lol

Reactions: Lupuls Grit

Lupuls Grit

Oct 12, 2018
Orillia
I said I was pissed cause they are taking our depth doesn’t mean we want Bennings mistakes. Sutter is probably good depth but. Those guys come at a league minimum. Not the 4 million cap hit. But it’s probably good news for Boyd cause benning will sign him for 3 years at 3 mil and think he is getting a deal after sutter contract is done lol
I have really been impressed with watching Boyd this season. I think he is a good candidate for next year to be the Canucks regular 4C. I think they can likely find a trade deadline home for Sutter and I wonder if this opens up the possibility of either trading or buying out the last year of Beagle's contract as well.

Canuck86

Feb 12, 2014
Kelowna
I have really been impressed with watching Boyd this season. I think he is a good candidate for next year to be the Canucks regular 4C. I think they can likely find a trade deadline home for Sutter and I wonder if this opens up the possibility of either trading or buying out the last year of Beagle's contract as well.

Guy can't win faceoffs in the NHL tho it seems, but maybe he just needs to take more draws to get that practice in!?

Northernhawk

Feb 22, 2020
Hey,
For as much hate as Leafs fans get thinking every other team wants our spare parts, the Leafs have the most waiver claims against in the League in the past three years, with seven guys! The next closest team is Winnipeg with 5, and that's counting Comrie being claimed from them twice.
:laugh:
That's what happens to good teams...it's the bottom teams that grab the waiver players
The Hawks have lost their fair share over the years...Carter Hutton, Carl Dahlstrom

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
He is a fourth line guy with some speed. He pots one once in a while. I don't think he is too much of an upgrade on what you have, but some new blood.

boyd is great. I liked him a lot more than vesey. Not super skilled but works his heart out every shift:

Good to hear, could use some more speed at the very least. Maybe a better version of Hawryluk.

I expect he'll be in a lesser role than Vesey, but excited to see what he can bring nonetheless.

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario
That's what happens to good teams...it's the bottom teams that grab the waiver players
The Hawks have lost their fair share over the years...Carter Hutton, Carl Dahlstrom
Yeah, I was being cheeky :P

I only went back three years, in which only Dahlstrom fell in there (Hutton left as a UFA)
Looks like their roughest recent patch was 2013/14-2015/16 where they lost Stanton, Kostka, Erixon, Tikhonov, Sekac in that stretch of three seasons

EDIT: My curiosity got the best of me. I went back 10 years. Leafs had 11 players claimed, surpassed only by Pittsburgh's 14 players claimed. PIT had SIX players claimed in two season 2012-13/2013-14 (Strait, Boychuk, Kostopolous, MacIntyre, Jeffrey, D'Agostini) that pushed them over the top

Buffalo and Calgary only had three each in that whole ten years (Finley 2012-13, Tropp 2013-14, Grant 2016-17; Hagman 2011-12, Byron 2015-16, Hamilton 2017-18)

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->