Waived: 2020-21 Waivers Thread

SOKOL

Oct 26, 2007
Roland McKeown (CAR) is on waivers today.
Everyone on there yesterday cleared.

caley

Aug 19, 2006
twitter.com

Smith missed a big chunk of last year with back surgery, pronounced himself healthy a few days ago.

Dano was apparently injured overseas and will require surgery (At least that's what I read). Not sure why he's on waivers if he could just on the IR...?!

Reactions: uncleben

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
Smith missed a big chunk of last year with back surgery, pronounced himself healthy a few days ago.

Dano was apparently injured overseas and will require surgery (At least that's what I read). Not sure why he's on waivers if he could just on the IR...?!

It's probably been 6 weeks since Dano's injury. He may have recovered already.

edit: Ah, here's the answer. Dano was already on Loan to a European team. Per the 2020-21 playing agreement teams can leave players on Loan if they waive them. No exceptions are made for players injured while on Loan.

Last edited:

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002
Too injured for a buyout, then miraculously cured for training camp. Just a shame we can't re-assign to the ECHL.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
Anyone know when nhl teams can put players on LTIR?

do they have to wait until season starts on Jan 13?

Thanks

Teams have to be cap compliant on January 13th, the first day of the season. Teams that will be using LTIR have two choices:

(a) Submit a cap compliant roster on January 13th, then use LTIR.

(b) Submit a roster that would otherwise be over the cap on January 12th, but use a LTIR on that day to be compliant.

caley

Aug 19, 2006
twitter.com

Playing overseas, not included on the camp roster, this allows him to keep playing over there, I believe.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad