2020/21 UEFA Nations League

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I hate Artetas tactics and he does not play to our strengths, but Emery was also really bad. Torreira, Xhaka and Ceballos were all clearly better than Guendouzi under Emery too though. Guendouzi is not much of a talent, he has no standout abilities. He will probably never be good enough to play UCL football.
:laugh:
Emery was bad and I told you guys he was. But Guendouzi was easily one of the best Arsenal MF. Not even close. And the fact you keep on saying he is not much of a talent is ludicrous, though on par with the course.
At some point, you should really stick to comment on things you're understanding. Football isn't one of them.

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I don't even think Havertz is even close to being in the Reus/Klose tier ( I would take Brandt over Havertz at the moment, obviously not going forward though). I am not sure about the other players you mentioned being quite as good as Özil, Lahm and Muller, although I think Sane, Gnabry and Kimmich maybe can reach that level if they improve a lot over the next few years, probably not Özil levels, but Muller and Lahm levels at least.

I like your lineup a lot though, it could definately win the euros still. And there seems to be plenty of high potential Bundesliga youngsters that will only make you even stronger and help Germany win titles ( especially Wirtz, seen him play one half but he looks incredible with great stats). Löw was a good coach before 2016, so what has happened is a surprise, but change coach and you will obviously do better.

Either you're over-rating Reus/Klose, under-rating how high of a level Kai hit over the past year (which still taking Brandt over him, would suggest), or a combination of the two :dunno:

And you're definitely under-estimating Kimmich.

Last edited:

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
Not that Denmark should give us problems but 3 minutes in Tielemans already scored so that should put any potential upset away

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Romania was awarded a 3:0 win over the cancelled fixture a few days ago so Northern Ireland relegated and a changed Norway side must win in Austria to promote

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
Romania was awarded a 3:0 win over the cancelled fixture a few days ago so Northern Ireland relegated and a changed Norway side must win in Austria to promote

Ouch, would Northern Ireland have survived with a different outcome? If they beat Romania today, they would have... given the tie-breakers. Hey, let's hope Romania doesn't loose, I don't want this decision to be decisive, honestly.

The Norwegian "emergency national team", as they have been dubbed, has 0 -0 against Austria at half-time. The game has been fairly even, perhaps some of the best chances has actually been Norwegian, but without goals, there are no goals.

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
Italy 2-0 up on Bosnia, Belgium now with a 3-1 lead so this final four looks set

Norway emergency team takes the lead against Austria so they're now in first place?

Serbia up 5-0 against Russia. But then can't beat Scotland when it matters :facepalm:

Name Nameless

Apr 12, 2017
Italy 2-0 up on Bosnia, Belgium now with a 3-1 lead so this final four looks set

Norway emergency team takes the lead against Austria so they're now in first place?

Serbia up 5-0 against Russia. But then can't beat Scotland when it matters :facepalm:

Austria will win that group with a Norwegian 1-0 win, Austria won 2-1 in Norway, and it goes to a tie-breaker. Any other Norwegian win would make Norway the winner of the group though. In theory of course.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
That’s the scoreline that Serbia needed to avoid relegation, along with a Hungary win over Turkey. It looks like Turkey will go down to the C league. I’ve been listening for over a year now to their fans say they are a threat to win the Euro.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
1-0 victory for Norway would be perfect. Do not want them to win the group after the ridiculous behaviour from the government before the Romania game. Obviously not the players fault, but hopefully that could lead to some political pressure to return to some sort of sanity.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Holland has turned the game vs Poland around and now lead 2-1. It’s moot though, Italy will finish first.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Austria, Czech Republic, Hungary and Wales promoted to the “A” league.

Name Nameless

Apr 12, 2017
1-0 victory for Norway would be perfect. Do not want them to win the group after the ridiculous behaviour from the government before the Romania game. Obviously not the players fault, but hopefully that could lead to some political pressure to return to some sort of sanity.

Well, it ended 1 - 1.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Man. How far has Greece sunk. Can't even win their League C group with Slovenia, Moldova and Kosovo.

How so? Belgium played like shit and still put 4 past them

I think a few of the Bel goals were a little too easy/Cheap.

Think Denmark played better than the scoreline suggests.

Its always easier to say your team played shit, than give credit to the other team.

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Turkey relegated on H2H with Serbia who got a 2:2 draw in Turkey. Serbia hammered Russia who were still playing for promotion. Hungary in League A is a massive surprise, however they are vastly improving their football infrastructure (not that it guarantees anything but they are putting a lot of finances into football now)

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Czechs end up winning the group, which is kind of crazy with effectively tossing a game against Scotland with a Covid "C" team.

Israel avoids relegation, which you can argue was the worst result, given that dropping a league would give them a great avenue for the Euros.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I think a few of the Bel goals were a little too easy/Cheap.
Just to make sure I understand, you think Belgium scoring 4 goals is a bit much given the low quality of their goals, but one of Denmark's goal came from a goalie putting the ball into his own net?

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Just to make sure I understand, you think Belgium scoring 4 goals is a bit much given the low quality of their goals, but one of Denmark's goal came from a goalie putting the ball into his own net?
No you don't really understand...

Not at all what I am saying.

Yall are putting words into my mouth.

All I had to say was that, imo, Denmark deserved better than what the scoreline suggested.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad