Status
Not open for further replies.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
My bold prediction with Buffalo:

Las Vegas doesn’t win the Cup and goes big again making a trade centered around Krebs and a 1st for Eichel.

Dim Jim trying to cover his ass after the revaluation that he didn’t offer a deal to Toffoli will trade for local boy Reinheart. Buffalo will take a 1st gambling Vancouver under performs again.

Not sure about Rasmus Ristolinen, but he’ll be gone too.

I expect they will have 3 or 4 1st round picks in ‘22.

MarkT

Heretic
Nov 11, 2017
There was an Athletic article I read today going through various trade proposals for Eichel: Eichel to Calgary? Quinton Byfield, Jonathan Quick and more for Eichel? Here are some Jack Eichel trade proposals

My suspicion is that someone is going to overpay for Eichel, and it won't be who most people seem to expect. There are a huge number of teams who could really use Eichel, so a bidding war is likely. If Buffalo is smart they'll take on a bad contract or two as well to sweeten the pot even more. They need to come out with fans feeling like they won the deal.

I also think Reinhart will end up being the better deal for the team who gets him. Unless Eichel gets traded first, he'll get much less attention.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I still think Eichel will get traded for Matthew Tkachuk+ and this article agrees!

MarkT

Heretic
Nov 11, 2017
Could be a huge deal if you center it around Tkachuk and Monahan for Eichel and Reinhart...
Then Calgary trades Gaudreau and boom - retool on the fly!

Reactions: Balthazar

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
I still think Eichel will get traded for Matthew Tkachuk+ and this article agrees!
upload_2021-5-15_13-20-26.jpeg

Reactions: dahrougem2

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
So Minny gets Eichel is it their next white elephant like Parise?

Arizona I just don’t see as organized enough in general to make a run at Eichel and lack assets after Top 3 GM Chayka got done with them.

If the Avalanche win the divisional playoffs, I can see extra incentive for Vegas and The Pond Scum to go big game hunting for Ike. The perception of the Avalanche being the next big thing has to make the, feel like they need a big talent to counter act that advantage.

Reactions: Azrael89

Peter Peckerwood

Aug 6, 2020
9764 Jeopardy Lane
So, if Kadri doesn't wake up in the playoffs, does any calculus change in anyone's minds as far as 2C? I assume if he doesn’t play well in the playoffs and then stays the same during next season he could be potential trade bait during the season?
Even if Newhook is taking time.

Maybe more importantly, if Newhook continues to play like he currently is (responsible and getting into position well with mad toe drags), is that enough to unseat Kadri on its own next season?

What's the stat comparison since Newhook started playing?

MarkT

Heretic
Nov 11, 2017
So, if Kadri doesn't wake up in the playoffs, does any calculus change in anyone's minds as far as 2C? I assume if he doesn’t play well in the playoffs and then stays the same during next season he could be potential trade bait during the season?
Even if Newhook is taking time.

Maybe more importantly, if Newhook continues to play like he currently is (responsible and getting into position well with mad toe drags), is that enough to unseat Kadri on its own next season?

What's the stat comparison since Newhook started playing?

I'm a bit worried the Avs are seeing Jost as Kadri's replacement. Meanwhile, I'm just barely upgrading my prediction for him long-term from very good 4C to average 3C. Newhook is of course in the running too. The Avs will likely need to shed salary at some point. I think most of us are assuming that means dumping wingers or even Grubi, but Kadri and his 4.5m might be the one gone so they can go cheap at C.

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
Vegas should go all in with Eichel. They are in a cup window, but won't win shit with bad center depth and a lack of game breakers.

MarkT

Heretic
Nov 11, 2017
Vegas should go all in with Eichel. They are in a cup window, but won't win shit with bad center depth and a lack of game breakers.

I would expect them to be in on the bidding for sure. They'd need get rid of Fleury's cap hit and then just another 3m to make him fit.

Linds

Makalder
Jun 20, 2016
Canada

Vegas tried to give Fleury away this season and even retain and couldn't do it. They'd have to add assets to move him and then totally gut the farm to make an acceptable offer for Jack Ichel. Also they need to give up additional assets to move out an additional 3m in cap, and no team is taking on dead money in the flat cap

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Vegas tried to give Fleury away this season and even retain and couldn't do it. They'd have to add assets to move him and then totally gut the farm to make an acceptable offer for Jack Ichel. Also they need to give up additional assets to move out an additional 3m in cap, and no team is taking on dead money in the flat cap

They have other ways to clear space without sending Flower packing. They can gut the farm and have shown a willingness to do so. This is a team that sold off good players for peanuts just so they could sign Pietrangelo. Vegas could find a way quite easily.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis

That was last year.

Massive difference. He only has 1 year left on his contract now, for starters. A lot easier for a team to take on. Plus, he just had a phenomenal year for Vegas and reestablished himself as a legit starting goalie again.

Vegas would not have any trouble moving that contract if they wanted to move him.

Reactions: Avsfan1921

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
That was last year.

Massive difference. He only has 1 year left on his contract now, for starters. A lot easier for a team to take on. Plus, he just had a phenomenal year for Vegas and reestablished himself as a legit starting goalie again.

Vegas would not have any trouble moving that contract if they wanted to move him.

Plus any deal for Eichel involves money going back anyway... Vegas could add in Tuch without blinking, and from there they have to find $2m. (or Holden plus a touch).

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Over/under for return on Ike is what Sakic got for Duchene?

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
Regarding Eichel: A while back someone speculated that they'd probably want some win now assets, which is plausible. However one problem jamming things up in that regard is the enormous abundance of NTCs and NMCs.

Maybe someone is ok with Buffalo due to its proximity to Toronto? But you have to think the negative perception of the organization is a problem too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->