Rumor: 2020-21 Trade Rumours and FA Part VII: Post-Trade Deadline

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
It's on a lot of people, not just Jarmo. In the end they still come away with something because they tanked the year and will have a lottery pick as a result.
As has been said before. This year either Torts got them to the playoffs and added to the reputation of the BJ’s or they bottom out and get a lottery pick.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
CBJ won't get a young 1C for Jones (and his 1 year left) and last time I checked there was no projected 1C in the upcoming draft.

They'll have to build around Werenski and Laine..and without a legit top 6 center.

They are pretty screwed.
There are a couple guys who are likely 1s.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Plenty of ways you can get a 1C, they're not screwed if one isn't necessarily available (and yes there are...c'mon) in the draft.

Who though? Beniers is the highest ranked center in that draft and they ("experts") say "high end 2C". The top of this draft reminds me of 2017 before people knew Makar, EP and Heiskanen would become stars.

It's on a lot of people, not just Jarmo.

Who's coaching the team is on the GM. If it wasn't on him then he's not the GM.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Who though? Beniers is the highest ranked center in that draft and they ("experts") say "high end 2C". The top of this draft reminds me of 2017 before people knew Makar, EP and Heiskanen would become stars.

Who's coaching the team is on the GM. If it wasn't on him then he's not the GM.
Beniers will be a 1 for sure. Johnson if he stays in the middle will be a one. Sillinger has a good chance. Eklund, Lucius, Samoskevich, and Pinelli have shots.

Pokecheque

Whack it Hard to Girard
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Middle West
www.armoredheadspace.com

Meh, just because they’re not projected to be superstars doesn’t mean they can’t be legitimate top line centers.

Also, I know his stock has fallen but Raty was at one point considered a first overall pick-type. Surely he must still be pretty good.

Who’s coaching the team is on the GM. If it wasn't on him then he's not the GM.

While I think that would’ve been the wiser course of action, firing the most successful coach in franchise history would’ve been a complete change in direction. The players apparently wanted one more shot. That was a mistake in hindsight but I can see why they did it. As with the playoff run, it was a risk, but a calculated one. Worst case scenario...which, pretty much happened, they had a tank year and a lottery pick. You’re the one that constantly says they should’ve pulled the plug and tanked it. Now that they have you’re still slagging them?

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
For those who couldn't read it:

huhH4L0.png

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
I'm actually OK with people thinking that about our goaltending. It should put a chip on Gru's shoulders and give him a reason to prove them wrong.

Reactions: MarkT

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Who said anything about criticizing him?

Doubts exist because it's a relative small sample, that includes the Yotes last year.
Gru doesn't have anything to prove. He's been a legit NHL quality starter his entire time in CO and has been even better in the playoffs.

Reactions: MarkT

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
While I believe this team can win a cup, I honestly think we're overhyped this year. They're making it sound like we are this years Tampa, which we are not.

Reactions: Zandar and Iceberg

Iceberg

May 4, 2002
Gru doesn't have anything to prove. He's been a legit NHL quality starter his entire time in CO and has been even better in the playoffs.

It's great that you feel that way.

But cleary there are other people that want to see a little bit more before saying he doesn't have anything to prove.

Iceberg

May 4, 2002
While I believe this team can win a cup, I honestly think we're overhyped this year. They're making it sound like we are this years Tampa, which we are not.

I think we are the best regular season team (even without the President's Trophy), but i'm not sure we are built to win 4 playoff rounds.

Pokecheque

Whack it Hard to Girard
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Middle West
www.armoredheadspace.com
But what does he have to prove? Health is the only thing I could really think of.

I don't think that's the only thing he has left to prove. He still has to prove that he is a legit top-tier franchise goaltender. He's done so in a truncated regular season, now we'll see if he's good enough to carry a team through 16 playoff wins. The latter isn't proven at all just because his name is on the Stanley Cup.

I'm not here to slag on the guy, just saying it's silly to say he has nothing to prove. Of course he does.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I don't think that's the only thing he has left to prove. He still has to prove that he is a legit top-tier franchise goaltender. He's done so in a truncated regular season, now we'll see if he's good enough to carry a team through 16 playoff wins. The latter isn't proven at all just because his name is on the Stanley Cup.

I'm not here to slag on the guy, just saying it's silly to say he has nothing to prove. Of course he does.
Then a lot goalies have a lot to prove then. Grubauer is basically just as good as Lehner yet he has "nothing to prove". Just such a weird narrative to push I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->