GDT: 2020-21 season LA Kings vs Colorado Avalanche @7:00pm 1/19/21

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
You know what would have been fun? AA - Stuzle - Carter

That would have been fun.

Unfortunately it wouldn't even have happened because Stutzle got hurt after 27 minutes in the NHL.

You know what else is fun? Not jumping the gun. We cant' even let Byfield get his AHL preseason debut without this nonstop stream.

Reactions: Rumpelstiltskin

Statto

Sponsor
May 9, 2014
I just don't see drew is a good role model/mentor for the young guys at this point.

In fact, I kinda see the opposite.
Not disputing that his play needs to improve but an interview I listened to with Yanetti talked about how good Doughty’s intangibles are. Make of that what you will.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
Any word on Tonka? Kempe might just stick with Kopi, but the all-Swede line is still intriguing given their various skills (allegedly).
looks like he took line rushes this morning, not sure what would possess tmac to bench him for half the game unless he just couldn't find a place for him, but...

interestingly enough i just saw this:

might just be another paper transaction though, unless tmac really, really didn't like what he saw from bjornfot at practice

The Butcher

Mammoth Mooseknuckles Hockey
Sponsor
Mar 6, 2011
Mammoth Lakes
Not disputing that his play needs to improve but an interview I listened to with Yanetti talked about how good Doughty’s intangibles are. Make of that what you will.
Like has been pointed out in the Doughty scouting thread, his skills appear to be still very much elite. But the will to use those skills on a nightly basis to make sure he and the team are the best they can be seem, at least through the 3 games, is almost non existent.

I feel like we are harping on him a lot in here and I do feel it is very much deserved but the truth is you're only as good as your last game and there is a lot of time to turn things around.

But how he sleeps at night making making the money he does with what we've seen so far is beyond me at this point.

KingTech

Sep 20, 2020
looks like he took line rushes this morning, not sure what would possess tmac to bench him for half the game unless he just couldn't find a place for him, but...

interestingly enough i just saw this:
just be another paper transaction though, unless tmac really, really didn't like what he saw from bjonfot at practice

I think its more to get Bjornfot some games in. Its not like he playing in the nhl at all

t

TruKingFan

Two-Time Cup Winner
Aug 16, 2004
Beachfront

Problem is intangibles only show up when you care and play the game the best you can, lottery team be damned. I give him a bit of room since he was instrumental in the 2 Cups, but that room is diminishing real fast.

Reactions: The Butcher

Statto

Sponsor
May 9, 2014
Problem is intangibles only show up when you care and play the game the best you can, lottery team be damned. I give him a bit of room since he was instrumental in the 2 Cups, but that room is diminishing real fast.
I don’t dispute that. My intangibles comment was more in reply about the implication that he isn’t someone we’d want influencing the prospects. His form and how he behaves off ice are two different things.

I’m fine with giving him another couple of games before starting to judge where he’s at. We have only played 3 games and the long lay off will affect all sorts of players in different ways. There have been good moments but he must be better consistently and the first step IMO needs to be better management of his minutes. Given his love for Björnfot I’d get him in the lineup ASAP to see is the chemistry sparks him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad