GDT: 2020-21 season game 52 LA Kings vs Colorado Avalanche @7:00pm 5/7/21

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Cal's last few games has been pretty meh. Vilardi on the other hand, has looked good since he was benched and even more so in the last 4-5 games. Maybe there's something to a young guy watching from the stands, resting the body for a couple of days and working on his game in practice. In his last interview, it sounded like he needed that break to let his body recover and get his game back.

Vilardi is well spoken so that probably contributed but I'm not sure I've ever heard a player in such despair, haha. It was sad. You could tell he cares and was really frustrated and, on the positive side, if worn well--he's his own worst critic. Reminds me of what Yanetti(?) said about guys having a chip on their shoulder and it can be either a plus or a minus depending on how it's used.

Jun 30, 2006
I think that'll come with time. I feel like with age you grow out of overcompensating, and I think Faust probably still feels a ton of pressure coming after Bob even though it's been a few years now.

Problem is, they don’t take constructive criticism very well. It wasn’t long ago that Faust and Fox personally went after someone on Twitter that criticized the way they call games.

Hardly a surprise because the organization lives in a bubble. I’m still waiting on a kings beat writer to question management/AEG but you know, I’ve said this repeatedly that everyone knows their roles and is happy collecting a paycheck. It’s not about winning or cups anymore it seems. We don’t have any Hammonds to actually question the brass on their moves and plans.

Reactions: crassbonanza

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Problem is, they don’t take constructive criticism very well. It wasn’t long ago that Faust and Fox personally went after someone on Twitter that criticized the way they call games.

Hardly a surprise because the organization lives in a bubble. I’m still waiting on a kings beat writer to question management/AEG but you know, I’ve said this repeatedly that everyone knows their roles and is happy collecting a paycheck. It’s not about winning or cups anymore it seems. We don’t have any Hammonds to actually question the brass on their moves and plans.

On twitter??

I'm sure it was a friendly, well worded, good intentioned good faith constructive criticism then.

Reactions: johnjm22

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com

You don't even have a Rosen.

funky

Time for the future. More Byfield and Clarke
Mar 9, 2002
I think the defense is a concern. Outlet passes need to improve next year.

bringing in a top LH shot Dman like a Chychrun, Werenski, Sergachev shores up the Defence and slots guys properly. This has to be our main goal.

Could you imagine

Chychrun - Doughty
Anderson- Roy
Bjornfot - Walker/Strand.

I really like Strand in that last spot dontobcheap contract and someone else with size.

Reactions: LAKings88

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016
bringing in a top LH shot Dman like a Chychrun, Werenski, Sergachev shores up the Defence and slots guys properly. This has to be our main goal.

Could you imagine

Chychrun - Doughty
Anderson- Roy

I really like Strand in that last spot dontobcheap contract and someone else with size.
Id try to bring in 2 good dmen and keep Strand as a 7th dman in case of injury and let him become a regular if he can continue playing well.
Xx - Doughty
Bjornfot - xx
Anderson - Roy
Strand
Wish Clague could put it together he has the potential.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Id try to bring in 2 good dmen and keep Strand as a 7th dman in case of injury and let him become a regular if he can continue playing well.
Xx - Doughty
Bjornfot - xx
Anderson - Roy
Strand
Wish Clague could put it together he has the potential.

I would argue Clague HAD put it together but the organization seems keen on dicking him around all year.

I'll be mad when it happens but happy for him when he's putting up 40 pts on Seattle's 2nd pairing and 2nd PP.

I love the pairings above but as STEADY as they are I think the cohort of Roy, Bjornfot, Anderson isn't enough puck movement for the top-4 or powerplay. They're good players but we need even a sidegrade for someone more dynamic.

tbrown33

Jun 22, 2019
I would argue Clague HAD put it together but the organization seems keen on dicking him around all year.

I'll be mad when it happens but happy for him when he's putting up 40 pts on Seattle's 2nd pairing and 2nd PP.

I love the pairings above but as STEADY as they are I think the cohort of Roy, Bjornfot, Anderson isn't enough puck movement for the top-4 or powerplay. They're good players but we need even a sidegrade for someone more dynamic.

I can see one of Bjornfot or Anderson moving in a package to upgrade at LHD.

AzKing

Feb 4, 2019
Newport Coast, CA

Could you imagine

Chychrun - Doughty
Anderson- Roy

The Kings would have to empty out our system to get Chychrun. The Coyotes would expect a ton in return. Plus, why would Phoenix trade him anyway? He is a 23 year old top pair guy with a recently signed long term contract.

Reactions: lumbergh

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016
They aren't trading Bjornfort. No chance there. They expect him to be a Norstrom-type of player.
Yea I think in about 3 years he will be a highly sought after player. Anderson a little less so but he will still be a really solid player. They are still kids and sometimes it shows. Its tough to be a defensive dman before youre fully developed physically.

tbrown33

Jun 22, 2019
They aren't trading Bjornfort. No chance there. They expect him to be a Norstrom-type of player.

Maybe not, but I’d move him in a heartbeat if it meant getting someone like Sergachev. Depends on the deal. He should not be considered untouchable.

Last edited:

funky

Time for the future. More Byfield and Clarke
Mar 9, 2002
The Kings would have to empty out our system to get Chychrun. The Coyotes would expect a ton in return. Plus, why would Phoenix trade him anyway? He is a 23 year old top pair guy with a recently signed long term contract.

on locked on Kings today they brought up the fact that Arizona was desperate for picks and brought up Chychrun as a good fit for the Kings. I really like how he plays and he is something that we do not have. Yea he would cost a fortune. But we have a stocked cupboard a ton of picks and some roster players they may like.

time for a mini blowup and a bit of an overspend for someone that would partner Doughty then carry the reins as he starts to age.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad