GDT: 2020-21 season game 51 LA Kings vs Arizona Coyotes @7:00pm 5/5/21

TruKingFan

Two-Time Cup Winner
Aug 16, 2004
Beachfront
i think the problem with andersson (before the last couple games) has been that he gets that dangerous chance but doesn't do a whole lot else for the rest of the game. i do think the kid's very talented but i feel like he's still gonna need to do more -- more often -- in order to stick outside of the bottom 6.

might be some lightning in a bottle though between him and vilardi, they're both willing to be creative around the net and try some flashy stuff which is very welcome to me. i think 2 or 3 times last night alone they were flinging spinning backhand passes to each other around the paint and connecting

Exactly. A guy like Frk who can lurk around the hash marks picking up garbage might be a great fit for this line. This will free up Kempe to stay with Kopi - all we have to do is find a RW for them. Not sure if Kupari is it as we need a shooter - Kaliyev would be so freaking perfect. I love Brownie but he might be better off playing with Moore and Byfield - giving those a bit of protection. AA and JAD would round it out. Something to build on for next year for sure.

TruKingFan

Two-Time Cup Winner
Aug 16, 2004
Beachfront
Might have been a preview of our forward “pairs” for next year:

Kopitar and Kempe
Vilardi and Andersson
Byfield and Moore
JAD and perhaps Grundstrom?

Iafallo, Brown, AA, Lemieux to mix and match, plus a couple rookies challenging for spots in camp. Not great, not terrible.

Would be amazing to plop a magical Landeskog overpayment in the middle of that group, but I would settle for Foligno.

Pretty much agree except AA-JAD would be my pair.
AI/Brownie/Frk/Grundstrom/Lemieux would be in the blender.
Wagner and Lizotte to the Reign :)

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Might have been a preview of our forward “pairs” for next year:

Kopitar and Kempe
Vilardi and Andersson
Byfield and Moore
JAD and perhaps Grundstrom?

Iafallo, Brown, AA, Lemieux to mix and match, plus a couple rookies challenging for spots in camp. Not great, not terrible.

Would be amazing to plop a magical Landeskog overpayment in the middle of that group, but I would settle for Foligno.

Kempe - Kopitar - Brown
Kaliyev - Byfield - Moore
Iafallo - Vilardi - Andersson
Grundstrom - JAD - Thomas

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Let's stop talking about Frk. He has no place on this lineup considering his injury history and him not being anything special besides a hard shot.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
Let's stop talking about Frk. He has no place on this lineup considering his injury history and him not being anything special besides a hard shot.
i mean 4 goals in 8 games ain't nothin to sneeze at, i'm sure he's an option coming out of camp

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Our "woke" comrades around here won't be liking that.

Your "woke" comrades on every possible situation in the league--A Cup favorite in TBL, a rebuilding machine in NYR, and a basement dweller in AZ--didn't like it either.

Maybe some of us just think he's not worth taking a chance on since he's got a long history of being a shitshow and three franchises in different situations couldn't work him out so we don't want or trust the Kings to do so.

bland

Jul 1, 2004
Yes. It's "woke" to not want a malcontent. I wish I was a free thinker like you.
"Woke" implies coming around from a previously politically incorrect stance.

A douchebag like DeAngelo is and has always been a douchebag, no mind change needed here. If it was just a political stance thing 3/4s of the league would be on the collective shit list.

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
Get used to it, sports are being overrun by it.

"Thanks for tuning into the football game, the score is 10-7. Here are the highlights from the first quarter sponsored by high fructose soda beverage. High fructose soda beverage reminds you to skateboard to work because forests are burning, ocean levels are rising, and the ozone layer is turning to complete shit. Next let's look at the player of the game sponsored search engine. Search engine wants to show you these depressing photos of giraffes in cages with dramatic music. For only $25 per hour you can give these giraffes the life they deserve. Save the giraffes you privileged spoiled brat. Finally let's look at the injury report sponsored by healthcare provider. Healthcare provider reminds you to wear your plastic bag while watching the game at home because 2,356 people have died a horrible death from coronavirus during the time it took to say that sentence. Stop the spread, wear your bag."

bouncesonly

May 1, 2014
San Diego
Soooo.....Kings have to win 4 of the next 5 games....and one of those games have to be against St. Louis......and St. Louis has to lose all 5 in regulation. Or Kings win all 5 and St. Louis wins one in reg or two in ot/so and lose the rest. Is that right?

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Whatever it is, it ain’t happening. Just think if they had won a couple more against San Jose and Anaheim they’d be right there.

Exactly. Kings were in the driver's seat. Just had to show up for even HALF the Ducks/SJS games. No point in waiting for a miracle now, there's 7 years of evidence this team doesn't want to work hard enough to win 'must win' games.

And I'm not talking about the STL games, or even the Minnesota games--I'm talking about just needing a win vs. a basement Edmonton or blackhole Calgary team. A last place Ducks team. A competing for the same spot SJS team. Teams that are all, in essence, like the Kings, but below in the standings.

I'm very much in f*** this organization mode right now. I love the prospects. Everything else is arguably more bleak than ever. Blake has done a magnificent job drafting imo but I'm not sure I trust anything in the organization to help them take the next step when they can't even get the most out of current players.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad